Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today I thought it would be fun to share where we are in our wedding planning process! As of today we have 247 days left until THE day and it seems to be flying by! It’s hard to believe Nick and I have been engaged for almost three months now. We have gotten so much done, but we still have a lot to do before October!
P.S. I have some ideas for future Wedding Wednesday posts, but if you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments or email me at email@example.com
WHAT WE’VE DONE SO FAR:
Since my last Wedding Wednesday “update” post we have gotten quite a lot done! As of now, I am feeling pretty good about wedding planning. I haven’t felt super overwhelmed by anything (yet!) but I know as we get closer to October I’ll have a few freak outs haha.
- We asked our wedding party! You can see how I asked my bridesmaids here. It was so fun to put together & now that they all said “yes,” I can share all the details with them!
- We have scheduled our engagement photos! We wanted to wait until it was warm out & everything was in bloom to do our photos. They’re scheduled at the end of March, so hopefully things will be in bloom by then! I’m so excited to work with our photographer on these. Nick isn’t as used to taking photos as I am, so this should be entertaining haha
- We set a date for our engagement party! We’re having it May 6th! Like the engagement photos, we wanted to wait until the weather was nice for our engagement party since it will be partially outdoors. I’m excited to have everyone together to celebrate!
- I scheduled my appointment to try on wedding dresses! I’m going with my mom, stepmom, MIL & two bridesmaids at the end of March and I can not wait! I think this will make things feel “real!” I have a good idea of the look and style I’m going for, but I’m excited to try on a lot of different dresses and say YES to one!
- We are thiiiiissss close to securing our videographer. We’re just awaiting answers on a few things before signing on the dotted line! I was immediately smitten with their work and the way they tell stories from the second I viewed their site. I have cried every.single.time. I have watched a film on their site. Gah… please let me get out all the tears before October haha! In case you didn’t know I’m a total emotional crier!!
- I had an incredible opportunity with The Knot. The Knot was the first wedding magazine I bought once I was engaged and the first site I signed up for, too! So when they reached out about partnering together to plan my wedding I was ecstatic! I was in NYC last week for a fun shoot and was on cloud nine. I can’t say much until May, but I promise I’ll dedicate an entire post to it once I can! 😉
- We have started the pre-marital counseling process. This is something that we wanted to do even if we didn’t get married in a church. Most of our friends have done this same course and have said it’s one of the best things you can do before you get married and for your marriage. I’m really excited to start it!
- We finished registering! It was such a fun process (Nick loved using the gun to register for random items… which I later found when I was looking through the registry haha!) I’ll be sharing a few posts about our registration process in the next few weeks! I know I had quite a few requests for that post.
- We have our wedding book! My friends from GiGi New York and Graphic Image surprised me with this book and I am so grateful. This book is a combination of a guestbook, guest register, and ceremony record. I love that everything is in one place and it’s something that we can look back on for years to come. It brought me to tears when I opened it because it was so thoughtful! They have an entire wedding collection that is gorgeous.
WHAT WE STILL NEED TO DO:
I feel like there is so much left to do in the way of little details! Right now the “little” things like centerpieces, lighting, etc. aren’t at the top of my list and can’t be done until a few months out, so I’m just gathering inspiration and finalizing what I want/don’t want.
- I’m waiting to 100% decide on bridesmaid dresses until I have chosen my wedding dress. My bridesmaids range from 5’2″ to 5’11” so I knew I wanted a long dress from the get go! I also wanted something that can be worn again if they choose. I really love Jenny Yoo’s Nabi Collection because it’s convertible and can work with everyone. I also love the idea of choosing a designer & color and allowing the girls to choose what they’re most comfortable with! We shall see….
- We know where we want to have our rehearsals dinner and we have an appointment with them next week! It’s one of our favorite places and the atmosphere is really cool, so I’m hoping that it works out.
- Where we want to honeymoon. Now that we have the main details completed, it seems that everyone and their family is asking us where we’re going to honeymoon. Obviously we still have plenty of time to decide that but if you have ANY recommendations about honeymoon locations, send them my way!! We definitely want somewhere tropical and safe!
- All the little details…. I’m sure there will be a laundry list of things we still need to do in the next few months!
Whew! That quickly became quite a novel. Thank you all so much for reading and allowing me to share our wedding planning process with you all! Sometimes it’s nice to be a bit more personal and kind of write it all out! 🙂 xoxo