Friday Fancies: Emerald City

When you first saw the title to this post was your first thought “Wizard of Oz?”
Mine too.
But, today I won’t be talking about the Emerald City in Wizard of Oz (although that’s one of my favorite movies!) Today is all about a color I am absolutely loving right now… emerald green. I think this is such a flattering color. Almost anyone can pull it off, and nearly every clothing item looks good in that shade! I don’t think I’ve found an item yet that I didn’t like.
What always makes a great color to me is being able to wear it both casual and dressy. While not all colors are like that, emerald definitely is. I have a pool cover up that is emerald along with one of my favorite formal dresses!
I love the day to night styles below! What do you think?
emerald

Top: Nelly.com // Leather Leggings: The Row // Shoes: Top Shop Maisy T-Bar Shoes
// Dress: Tory Burch Kathy Silk Dress // Shoes: Christian Louboutin

1. Erin Heydt wrote:

I love the contrast. Green to black to nude shoes.

2. Petra wrote:

Love the day outfit. Looks really fabulous.
    xo, Petra

3. Nicole wrote:

Gorgeous! I definitely need to get a few emerald pieces in my closet.

Posted 1.11.13 Reply
  4. I'm LOVING emerald this year! My favorite combo is my emerald sweater and leopard print scarf!

5. Emily wrote:

I LOVE the night look, it reminds me of something Kate Middleton would wear. Tory just needs to make those prices just a teeny bit more college friendly 🙁

xx Emily

6. Gina Alyse wrote:

I didn't think about Emerald City–but now that you brought it up, I'm missing the Wizard of Oz, it was my favorite movie as a kid! Loving the looks you created 🙂

xo, gina

7. Chelsie wrote:

Love the dress! Looks very classy and stylish.

Posted 1.11.13 Reply
  8. great outfit with the leather pants.

have a great weekend! 🙂

9. Great outfits!

Shia

Posted 1.11.13 Reply
  10. Absolutely love this!!!

Posted 1.11.13 Reply
  11. Love your nighttime look! The necklace is so pretty.

xo
    Erin

Posted 1.11.13 Reply
  12. I'm in LOVE with the shoes for day. So cute! Love both looks.

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Posted 1.11.13 Reply
  13. Great dress and shoes, both of them.

xoxo

14. Charlee R wrote:

I adore the night outfit– especially that Tory dress with nude heels! Adorable!

Charlee Anne @ thepreppygraduate.com

Posted 1.11.13 Reply
  15. Such cute outfits! I never gave emerald a second thought until it was named the color of 2013… it is definitely growing on me

xo, Ani
    catchtwentyone.blogspot.com

Posted 1.12.13 Reply
  16. Suzanne wrote:

That dress is to die for! I've always loved emerald 🙂

Suzanne

Posted 1.12.13 Reply
  17. Tory can do no wrong – love that you featured her dress! with that necklace, it's so elegant 🙂

Posted 1.13.13 Reply
  18. I just want to say that these are looking so nice thank for the sharing.

Luxury Villa Rentals

Posted 1.14.13 Reply
  19. My goodness that dress is stunning!

Posted 2.11.13 Reply

• Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there 💙 Feeling extra thankful that I have two father figures in my life who have filled my life with unconditional love, support & advice anytime I need it! I come from a divorced, blended family & I constantly count my blessings that all 4 of my parents get along so well! 🥰 I know these holidays can be hard for some, so just know that I’m sending hugs to all that are struggling today!💕 #happyfathersday photos: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Happy Saturday y’all 💙made it home from Connecticut, but still reminiscing on the fun summer kickoff event that was hosted by @sailtosable, @jackrogersusa , @palmbeachlately & @monogrammary! 🥂 It was filled with all the summer essentials: rosé 🍾, mini 🍔& 🌭, sparklers ✨& of course cute 👗just waiting to be taken on vacation! Had the BEST time catching up with blog friends & meeting some new faces, too! Definitely one of the best parts of blogging is the community & the friends I have made through it! 📸: @juliadags #enwexplores #setsailsummer #sailtosable
Shop our outfits with the #linkinbio OR with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CzKr #liketkit
  • Puttin’ a little pep in my step this summer in the cutest sneakers 💙 these classic white @keds “ace” sneakers from @zappos are a go-to for summer travel & a pair perfectly with white jeans for a casual look! #ad #kedsstyle #zapposstyle shop this look at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2Cv2l
  • Happy Saturday, y’all! 🌸Sharing a snap from last weekend when the weather was ☀️for a fun shoot with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace! This weekend is rainy & gloomy, so I’m inside cuddling with Mr. Charlie and doing a bit of reading! What are y’all up to? 💙
Just a heads up this dress runs TTS & goes up to size 3x 👏🏻shop it at the link in bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cplt #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100
  • Can you believe the official start of summer is exactly 2 weeks away?! 👙🌊🍹I’m sharing my summer bucket list today on the blog (link in bio!) shop this look with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cnhz #liketkit #enwexplores #amazonfashion #amazonfashionfinds #brixtonhat #jcrew
  • Half way through the week and I am counting down the days until I’m twirling into the weekend!🙌🏻💃🏼 this dress is vacay approved because it’s twirl worthy AND wrinkle proof (it would even be great for a wedding!) shop this dress at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2ClCH #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek