Tips for Better Blogging: Fonts

One of my favorite college courses was a typography class. We got to work with ads, typography, fonts, and attempt to figure out why a certain font was used in ads/magazines/etc. It was so informational and really prompted my interest in fonts and typography.  As a blogger I have found a new love for design, typography, type faces, quotes, and the like.

Often times I come across a great quote (on Pinterest of course), however I don’t like the background or font used. Luckily, that’s an easy fix! I like fonts. But even more so, I like free fonts.When I discovered the concept of “free fonts” I think I was in typography heaven! I suddenly realized I could make my own graphics using the *free* fronts and graphics I wanted on my blog design, my photos, and for my content!

Since this realization I have downloaded more fonts than I would like to admit! Creating my own graphics and adding font to my photos makes everything a little more personal, which I love! It’s great to put my own spin on my blog and quotes I like!

So, I compiled a list of my favorite fonts to share with you!

One // Two // Three // Four // Five // Six // Seven

I find most of my fonts on Dafont.comfont space, and 1001 free fonts. It is so easy to download fonts to your computer’s font book and use them any way you please!

Enjoy.

1. Morgan S. wrote:

Also, it's helpful to stick to 3 fonts for your blog design – one sans serif, one serif and one calligraphic. ๐Ÿ™‚ http://www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Posted 4.17.13 Reply
  2. I love the third one! dafont is one of my favorite websites…they have a great scripty monogram font too!

3. Tori G wrote:

This is great! Thanks for the tips!!

4. Kerri wrote:

I'm obsessed with fonts too. I have wayyyyy too many but when you're creating cutesy blog things or things for the classroom a cute font is mandatory. I absolutely hate when people use comic sans for things, maybe this will open their eyes to MUCH better fonts!

5. Whitney wrote:

cute fonts! i have slight addiction to fonts… especially pretty handdrawn ones!

xo
    Whit

6. Grace wrote:

Ooh, thanks for sharing! I've always wanted to compile a bunch of fonts to compose my favorite quotes, but I could never find ones that were free!

xo

7. Alyssa wrote:

I use DaFont a lotโ€“it's a great resource!

Posted 4.17.13 Reply
  8. I can barely find time to craft posts, but your favorite fonts make me want to make more! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for the inspiration! XO

9. Caitlin C. wrote:

I alwayyys use Antrokas, I love it! Lately I've been using Bebas Neue too.. it looks great in gold glitter. I love fonts (haha I'm such a nerd) so thanks for sharing!!

10. Hanna Lei wrote:

I love changing fonts. I think my favorite of these is the second one Hanna

11. Ashley wrote:

Da font is one of my "go-to"'s as well! I love the way a font can totally revamp something.

12. Nicole wrote:

You need to do a tutorial on how you use them!! haha

Posted 4.17.13 Reply
  13. I need to figure out how to do this myself!!

Posted 4.18.13 Reply
  14. Nichole wrote:

Great share! Totally pinning this for later. Thanks!

Posted 4.18.13 Reply

• Happy 31st birthday to my favorite person in the entire world! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅฐ I feel so lucky to have you as my husband & soulmate! Thank you for being you, allowing me to be me & for always making life fun and entertaining!! I am SO excited for this next year (and all the years to come!) and canโ€™t wait to see what this year brings you! Cheers to many more, my love! Love you most ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜˜ #happybirthday #marriage #enwexplores
  • Whatโ€™s your go-to TV show to binge?! ๐Ÿ“บ I am always a fan of Friends - but some of my favs include Veep, A Million Little Things & Parenthood to name a few! Iโ€™m teaming up with @scottiestissues to share all my favorite binge-worthy TV shows whether you need a good cry or you want to laugh til you cry, theyโ€™ll have ya covered! #scottiesstyle #scottiescomfort #myscottiesstyle [sponsored]
  • If only every day looked something like this! Unfortunately that wasnโ€™t the case for my Monday!๐ŸŒด๐Ÿน๐ŸŒŠ instead it was spent catching up on emails and work all day! Still dreaming of the beautiful weather on #perfectdayatcococay ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป can we go back already, @royalcaribbean?! ๐Ÿ›ณ #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas
This swimsuit coverup is $20 and comes in 8 colors! Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app (just search emilynwilkinson)
  • One of my favorite parts about vacation is being able to relax with a good book in hand ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป The #navigatoroftheseas has so many peaceful areas to relax, unwind & read a few pages - file that under a success! Admittedly, I didnโ€™t read as much as I would have liked (because there was SO much to see & do!) but Iโ€™m glad that I got to read @marykayandrews newest book!
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BVxC #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #enwexplores @royalcaribbean #marykayandrews #stmartinspress
  • Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas ๐Ÿ›ณ b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! ๐Ÿ˜Š Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! ๐Ÿฑ#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸนI donโ€™t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And Iโ€™m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50