Tips for Better Blogging: Fonts

One of my favorite college courses was a typography class. We got to work with ads, typography, fonts, and attempt to figure out why a certain font was used in ads/magazines/etc. It was so informational and really prompted my interest in fonts and typography.  As a blogger I have found a new love for design, typography, type faces, quotes, and the like.

Often times I come across a great quote (on Pinterest of course), however I don’t like the background or font used. Luckily, that’s an easy fix! I like fonts. But even more so, I like free fonts.When I discovered the concept of “free fonts” I think I was in typography heaven! I suddenly realized I could make my own graphics using the *free* fronts and graphics I wanted on my blog design, my photos, and for my content!

Since this realization I have downloaded more fonts than I would like to admit! Creating my own graphics and adding font to my photos makes everything a little more personal, which I love! It’s great to put my own spin on my blog and quotes I like!

So, I compiled a list of my favorite fonts to share with you!

One // Two // Three // Four // Five // Six // Seven

I find most of my fonts on Dafont.comfont space, and 1001 free fonts. It is so easy to download fonts to your computer’s font book and use them any way you please!

Enjoy.

1. Morgan S. wrote:

Also, it's helpful to stick to 3 fonts for your blog design – one sans serif, one serif and one calligraphic. 🙂 http://www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Posted 4.17.13 Reply
  2. I love the third one! dafont is one of my favorite websites…they have a great scripty monogram font too!

3. Tori G wrote:

This is great! Thanks for the tips!!

4. Kerri wrote:

I'm obsessed with fonts too. I have wayyyyy too many but when you're creating cutesy blog things or things for the classroom a cute font is mandatory. I absolutely hate when people use comic sans for things, maybe this will open their eyes to MUCH better fonts!

5. Whitney wrote:

cute fonts! i have slight addiction to fonts… especially pretty handdrawn ones!

xo
    Whit

6. Grace wrote:

Ooh, thanks for sharing! I've always wanted to compile a bunch of fonts to compose my favorite quotes, but I could never find ones that were free!

xo

7. Alyssa wrote:

I use DaFont a lot–it's a great resource!

Posted 4.17.13 Reply
  8. I can barely find time to craft posts, but your favorite fonts make me want to make more! 🙂 Thank you for the inspiration! XO

9. Caitlin C. wrote:

I alwayyys use Antrokas, I love it! Lately I've been using Bebas Neue too.. it looks great in gold glitter. I love fonts (haha I'm such a nerd) so thanks for sharing!!

10. Hanna Lei wrote:

I love changing fonts. I think my favorite of these is the second one Hanna

11. Ashley wrote:

Da font is one of my "go-to"'s as well! I love the way a font can totally revamp something.

12. Nicole wrote:

You need to do a tutorial on how you use them!! haha

Posted 4.17.13 Reply
  13. I need to figure out how to do this myself!!

Posted 4.18.13 Reply
  14. Nichole wrote:

Great share! Totally pinning this for later. Thanks!

Posted 4.18.13 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50