Tips for Better Blogging: Fonts

One of my favorite college courses was a typography class. We got to work with ads, typography, fonts, and attempt to figure out why a certain font was used in ads/magazines/etc. It was so informational and really prompted my interest in fonts and typography.  As a blogger I have found a new love for design, typography, type faces, quotes, and the like.

Often times I come across a great quote (on Pinterest of course), however I don’t like the background or font used. Luckily, that’s an easy fix! I like fonts. But even more so, I like free fonts.When I discovered the concept of “free fonts” I think I was in typography heaven! I suddenly realized I could make my own graphics using the *free* fronts and graphics I wanted on my blog design, my photos, and for my content!

Since this realization I have downloaded more fonts than I would like to admit! Creating my own graphics and adding font to my photos makes everything a little more personal, which I love! It’s great to put my own spin on my blog and quotes I like!

So, I compiled a list of my favorite fonts to share with you!

One // Two // Three // Four // Five // Six // Seven

I find most of my fonts on Dafont.comfont space, and 1001 free fonts. It is so easy to download fonts to your computer’s font book and use them any way you please!

Enjoy.

1. Morgan S. wrote:

Also, it's helpful to stick to 3 fonts for your blog design – one sans serif, one serif and one calligraphic. 🙂 http://www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Posted 4.17.13 Reply
  2. I love the third one! dafont is one of my favorite websites…they have a great scripty monogram font too!

3. Tori G wrote:

This is great! Thanks for the tips!!

4. Kerri wrote:

I'm obsessed with fonts too. I have wayyyyy too many but when you're creating cutesy blog things or things for the classroom a cute font is mandatory. I absolutely hate when people use comic sans for things, maybe this will open their eyes to MUCH better fonts!

5. Whitney wrote:

cute fonts! i have slight addiction to fonts… especially pretty handdrawn ones!

xo
    Whit

6. Grace wrote:

Ooh, thanks for sharing! I've always wanted to compile a bunch of fonts to compose my favorite quotes, but I could never find ones that were free!

xo

7. Alyssa wrote:

I use DaFont a lot–it's a great resource!

Posted 4.17.13 Reply
  8. I can barely find time to craft posts, but your favorite fonts make me want to make more! 🙂 Thank you for the inspiration! XO

9. Caitlin C. wrote:

I alwayyys use Antrokas, I love it! Lately I've been using Bebas Neue too.. it looks great in gold glitter. I love fonts (haha I'm such a nerd) so thanks for sharing!!

10. Hanna Lei wrote:

I love changing fonts. I think my favorite of these is the second one Hanna

11. Ashley wrote:

Da font is one of my "go-to"'s as well! I love the way a font can totally revamp something.

12. Nicole wrote:

You need to do a tutorial on how you use them!! haha

Posted 4.17.13 Reply
  13. I need to figure out how to do this myself!!

Posted 4.18.13 Reply
  14. Nichole wrote:

Great share! Totally pinning this for later. Thanks!

Posted 4.18.13 Reply