Weekend Recap: Blogger Meetup Edition

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. I know I sure did! I spent the weekend with three amazing bloggers, Jamie from Southern Simplicity, Rachel from Just Peachy, and Bre from Basically Bre! Jamie and Rachel came to Charlotte to visit me and Bre for a weekend of blogger fun! We had all been anxiously looking forward to meeting each other so we were glad the weekend had finally arrived!

1080p from emily h on Vimeo.

The ladies got into town on Friday night and we instantly all hit it off! Which is a good thing considering we were spending the entire weekend together!! 😉 We spent the first hour laughing, chatting, and talking about everything under the sun it seemed! We showed them a fun time in uptown Charlotte and shut the bar down at 2 a.m. It was fun getting to talk, drink, dance, and laugh so much with each other! And yes, this resulted in extremely hurt feet (hello sandals for the rest of the weekend!)

Saturday was such a fun day with all of us! We started the day off at Petal Boutique, a local favorite, and they were having a great sale! All of us played dress up and ended up with some cute new clothes! We ate lunch at 131 Main and it was a delicious, much needed meal! (And yes, we all four ordered the exact same thing….meant to be friends!) We tried to show them a few different areas of Charlotte so after lunch we took them around the Plaza Midwood area for rooftop drinks and fun! Saturday night we got dinner outdoors in South End and had a great last night together!

It wouldn’t be a complete blogger weekend in Charlotte without taking them to the rooftop where Bre and I do our outfit photos! We got to take some pictures together and laugh ridiculously over our attempts at a vlog!

It was so much fun meeting Jamie and Rachel this weekend! I look forward to many more blogger meet ups with them soon!

#BERJ

1. Hanna Lei wrote:

This looks like so much fun! Hanna

Posted 6.3.13 Reply
  2. Charlotte wrote:

Jealoussssss x1000000!!!!! So glad yall had so much fun! These pictures are great and I was cracking up at the video! Next time I am joining, no excuses! Thanks for dealing with my drunken texts on Saturday! xoxo

Posted 6.3.13 Reply
  3. Kathryn wrote:

The comment about not being old men: YES. Haha! I'm glad you all had a great time together!

Posted 6.3.13 Reply
  4. Pamela wrote:

Looks like yall had a blast! Love the last picture! Pretty ladies!

Posted 6.3.13 Reply
  5. Nicole wrote:

Love love love!!! It looks like y'all had such a great time together! And I totally cracked up at Jamie's comment about our vlog! Yep, totally happened!! Hahah!! I want in on one of the meet ups!!!

Posted 6.3.13 Reply
  6. Loved seeing all the pictures on IG!! Jealous y'all got to all meet-wish I lived closer to Charlotte 🙁 I seriously was lol'ing at the vlog bloopers- y'all are hilarious!

Posted 6.3.13 Reply
  7. Ashley wrote:

Could yall BE any cuter?? Looks like a blast!! I used to live the the Ashton Southend Apts. right around the corner from 131 Main/Petal. One of my favorite areas in Charlotte!

Posted 6.3.13 Reply

and THIS is why I love blogging!! I don't know what was funnier…you fixing your hair in the camera (twice), ripping the little clear things off your shirt or y'all being totally off center. I love it ALL!!! Looks like you girlies had a blast! xo

Posted 6.3.13 Reply
  9. Emmy, I think I enjoyed the video more than the pix!!!! This post is amazing!!! Glad you Dolls have a fabu time!!! If you Dolls need a 5th wheel, well…look no further!!! Smooches!!!!

Posted 6.4.13 Reply
  10. Ruth wrote:

I am glad y'all had such a wonderful weekend. I am hoping to meet more of my blog friends this year.

Posted 6.4.13 Reply
  11. Caitlin C. wrote:

You all are seriously freakin' ADORABLE. Loved the video!

Posted 6.4.13 Reply
  12. Y'all are adorable! I want to do a blogger meet up sometime, looks like fun! 🙂

Posted 6.4.13 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50