rainy day wear

This summer has been full of rain nearly every day in North Carolina. I’m not talking about a little summer storm here and there, I am talking full on sideways rain, horrible thunder, power going out! Since I am out and about a lot during the day on my job I have had to rely on my Hunter boots (even in the heat) to get me through these rainy days!
All I ever want to do when it rains is curl up in comfortable PJs and relax, but since that can’t happen I like to still be as functional and comfortable as I can on rainy days! This is a recent outfit I wore one rainy week day!

Top: J.Crew | Skirt: Target, old | Boots: Hunter Wellies | Bag: Michael Kors Large Hamilton Tote | Bracelets: Michael Kors watch + David Yurman + Stella & Dot

1. Cute outfit Emmy!!! Must copy when the weather turns here in a couple of months.

Posted 7.21.13 Reply
  2. We have had a ton of rain here in Ohio too Emily. I am loving this outfit! I have had a pair of Hunter boots on my wish list forever! I think this outfit makes me want the black ones! Here's to some sunny days! Susan

Posted 7.21.13 Reply
  3. StyleGodis wrote:

Love your blog! xx StyleGodis.com

Posted 7.21.13 Reply
  4. you look adorable!! ughhh this rain has seriously got to stop, it rained for hours in ATL yesterday and I'm over it! at least we have your rainy day inspiration 🙂

Posted 7.21.13 Reply
  5. I LOVE that MK Bag! I just ordered it in the Luggage color and am anxiously awaiting its arrival! 😉 Love the Hunter boots too. My current rain boots are bright orange Tory Burch and I think I'm going to have to graduate to something a BIT more professional like the black Hunters 🙂

Posted 7.21.13 Reply
  6. Hanna Lei wrote:

This is such a cute outfit. I love the boots. Hanna Marie

Posted 7.21.13 Reply
  7. I love that skirt! I've been looking for one like it for awhile now.

Posted 7.21.13 Reply
  8. Never mind the rain Emily you look really yummy wearing your Hunter Rubber Boots, I wear mine all the time even in sunny weather.
    Jennifer
    x

Posted 7.21.13 Reply
  9. Kelsie wrote:

Love your jcrew cuff on your shirt, really helps make your shirt look extra special!

Posted 7.21.13 Reply
  10. Leslie wrote:

I am SO over all this rain!! I just want a little sunshine! Loving the rainy day outfit 🙂

Posted 7.22.13 Reply
  11. Nicole B. wrote:

Adorable outfit! It is so hard to be stylish in the summertime with rain — I find my Hunters to be too hot. You styled them well!

Posted 7.22.13 Reply
  12. Brooke wrote:

How adorable! Thanks for the inspiration! Loving the cuffs on your shirt too!

=) Brooke

Posted 7.22.13 Reply
  13. You look so chic even on a rainy day! I often have the dilemma of choosing what shoes to wear or what will get the least wet and rainy.. thank you for sharing this great example!

-Lisa

Posted 7.22.13 Reply
  14. Megan wrote:

What a fun rainy outfit! I really enjoy seeing the different combos you put together for outfits. Makes me want to go to my closet and try to mix and match!

Posted 7.22.13 Reply
  15. Rachel R wrote:

Obsessed with this outfit.

Posted 7.24.13 Reply
  16. LOVE this outfit- definitely plan to try it on the next rainy day!

houseofpaynestyle.blogspot.com