Blog Business Cards (& why you need them!)

Blog business cards have been on my to-do list for quite some time! Every time I would start to make them I would either get frustrated with a website, not like the design, or couldn’t figure out exactly what I wanted. Well, upon my invite to LuckyFABB, I knew I had to stop putting it off because I actually needed them!
After playing on VistaPrint, Moo, and a few other sites I was still feeling unsatisfied and overwhelmed. It was almost fate that Michelle from Signazon emailed me about business cards not long after. I perused the site and felt more comfortable with the layout, the selection, and the ease of it all, so I decided to try them out!
Then came my next problem… What do I put on a business card? How do I need to design it? What are the “essentials?” one-sided to two-sided? Curved corners? A photo of me? I sat down and wrote down everything that I thought should be added and incorporated and here is what I came up with.
-Blog logo    – Name     -Website
-Email     -Twitter & Instagram names

I love the way they turned out. I got so many compliments from bloggers and brands while at LuckyFABB (as it turns out people like pink and glitter!!) I couldn’t be happier with the outcome.
Now, I’m sure your question is “why do I need them?” And don’t worry, I had the same question multiple times about business cards. I went back and forth on if they would be a waste, but I can say without a doubt that they are worth every single penny.
Business cards could not be a better way to network, especially in the blog world. After LuckyFABB I ended up with about seventy five business cards from other bloggers and brands. I took the time to go through each one, look up the blog (put the names to blog names again!) and add them to my reader. There were a few brands and bloggers whom I chatted with about collaborations, etc so it was nice to be able to have their information right at my fingertips and not risk forgetting it off the top of my head.
They are also great for when you are telling the every day person about your blog. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard this conversation “oh you have a blog? What is is about? Do you have a card?” Not only was it hard to convey that yes, I have a blog, no I don’t have a business card but here’s the URL….. it doesn’t go over as well as being able to grab a business card to give them!
It also helps that I now have this super cute business card holder by Lodis that I got from Mori Luggage and Gifts. It is compact, inexpensive, and not “stuffy” looking! A girl’s gotta have a fashionable business card holder!

Do you have blog business cards? Do you use them to network?

1. Ashley wrote:

I never thought about having one, but yours look great! I just might have to think about getting some. Any advice or tips on how to start?

Posted 11.10.13 Reply
  2. JR Mazur wrote:

Love your cards and holder! Great idea!

Posted 11.10.13 Reply
  3. I do have business cards. They have my blog, Facebook, Twitter, email, and phone number on them. I want new ones, though. Yours are much simpler and don't overwhelm people with information.

Posted 11.10.13 Reply
  4. I actyally need cards, and fast. Your post couldn't have come at a better time ๐Ÿ™‚ How was the turnaround time with Signazon?

Posted 11.10.13 Reply
  5. I've been looking all over for cards! I am definitely going to check out that website, yours turned out amazing!

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  6. These turned out so well! A good business card can be hard to find and are so useful for networking and working with brands. Also, Kate Spade makes my favorite card case.

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  7. Super cute cards and case!

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  8. Hanna Lei wrote:

Those look so nice! –Hanna Marie

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  9. katie lake wrote:

I have business cards but they match my old blog design. They are from Moo because I received a credit from them. I need to order new ones. It is so much easier to just give people a card.

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  10. These look so great!!

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  11. Pamela wrote:

They look great!!

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  12. Love this idea! I'm following.

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  13. Nikki wrote:

Great post! I have been wanting to get blog business cards, but haven't yet. I haven't really needed them but I definitely want to get some done soon! Yours are too cute!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  14. Kerri wrote:

Those are precious! Love it!

Posted 11.12.13 Reply
  15. Rachel R wrote:

Lookin' good!

Posted 11.12.13 Reply
  16. Definitely a blogger MUST – well done lady!

xo
    Kristin of LivingInColorPrint.com

Posted 12.3.13 Reply
  17. Jessica S wrote:

Love your cards! I agree, the are so needed! But I have realized recently that I wished I had added a phone number to mineโ€ฆ do you ever think that?

xx
    Here&Now

Enter my current giveaway!

Posted 12.6.13 Reply

• Happy 31st birthday to my favorite person in the entire world! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅฐ I feel so lucky to have you as my husband & soulmate! Thank you for being you, allowing me to be me & for always making life fun and entertaining!! I am SO excited for this next year (and all the years to come!) and canโ€™t wait to see what this year brings you! Cheers to many more, my love! Love you most ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜˜ #happybirthday #marriage #enwexplores
  • Whatโ€™s your go-to TV show to binge?! ๐Ÿ“บ I am always a fan of Friends - but some of my favs include Veep, A Million Little Things & Parenthood to name a few! Iโ€™m teaming up with @scottiestissues to share all my favorite binge-worthy TV shows whether you need a good cry or you want to laugh til you cry, theyโ€™ll have ya covered! #scottiesstyle #scottiescomfort #myscottiesstyle [sponsored]
  • If only every day looked something like this! Unfortunately that wasnโ€™t the case for my Monday!๐ŸŒด๐Ÿน๐ŸŒŠ instead it was spent catching up on emails and work all day! Still dreaming of the beautiful weather on #perfectdayatcococay ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป can we go back already, @royalcaribbean?! ๐Ÿ›ณ #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas
This swimsuit coverup is $20 and comes in 8 colors! Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app (just search emilynwilkinson)
  • One of my favorite parts about vacation is being able to relax with a good book in hand ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป The #navigatoroftheseas has so many peaceful areas to relax, unwind & read a few pages - file that under a success! Admittedly, I didnโ€™t read as much as I would have liked (because there was SO much to see & do!) but Iโ€™m glad that I got to read @marykayandrews newest book!
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BVxC #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #enwexplores @royalcaribbean #marykayandrews #stmartinspress
  • Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas ๐Ÿ›ณ b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! ๐Ÿ˜Š Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! ๐Ÿฑ#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸนI donโ€™t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And Iโ€™m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50