Blog Business Cards (& why you need them!)

Blog business cards have been on my to-do list for quite some time! Every time I would start to make them I would either get frustrated with a website, not like the design, or couldn’t figure out exactly what I wanted. Well, upon my invite to LuckyFABB, I knew I had to stop putting it off because I actually needed them!
After playing on VistaPrint, Moo, and a few other sites I was still feeling unsatisfied and overwhelmed. It was almost fate that Michelle from Signazon emailed me about business cards not long after. I perused the site and felt more comfortable with the layout, the selection, and the ease of it all, so I decided to try them out!
Then came my next problem… What do I put on a business card? How do I need to design it? What are the “essentials?” one-sided to two-sided? Curved corners? A photo of me? I sat down and wrote down everything that I thought should be added and incorporated and here is what I came up with.
-Blog logo    – Name     -Website
-Email     -Twitter & Instagram names

I love the way they turned out. I got so many compliments from bloggers and brands while at LuckyFABB (as it turns out people like pink and glitter!!) I couldn’t be happier with the outcome.
Now, I’m sure your question is “why do I need them?” And don’t worry, I had the same question multiple times about business cards. I went back and forth on if they would be a waste, but I can say without a doubt that they are worth every single penny.
Business cards could not be a better way to network, especially in the blog world. After LuckyFABB I ended up with about seventy five business cards from other bloggers and brands. I took the time to go through each one, look up the blog (put the names to blog names again!) and add them to my reader. There were a few brands and bloggers whom I chatted with about collaborations, etc so it was nice to be able to have their information right at my fingertips and not risk forgetting it off the top of my head.
They are also great for when you are telling the every day person about your blog. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard this conversation “oh you have a blog? What is is about? Do you have a card?” Not only was it hard to convey that yes, I have a blog, no I don’t have a business card but here’s the URL….. it doesn’t go over as well as being able to grab a business card to give them!
It also helps that I now have this super cute business card holder by Lodis that I got from Mori Luggage and Gifts. It is compact, inexpensive, and not “stuffy” looking! A girl’s gotta have a fashionable business card holder!

Do you have blog business cards? Do you use them to network?

1. Ashley wrote:

I never thought about having one, but yours look great! I just might have to think about getting some. Any advice or tips on how to start?

Posted 11.10.13 Reply
  2. JR Mazur wrote:

Love your cards and holder! Great idea!

Posted 11.10.13 Reply
  3. I do have business cards. They have my blog, Facebook, Twitter, email, and phone number on them. I want new ones, though. Yours are much simpler and don't overwhelm people with information.

Posted 11.10.13 Reply
  4. I actyally need cards, and fast. Your post couldn't have come at a better time 🙂 How was the turnaround time with Signazon?

Posted 11.10.13 Reply
  5. I've been looking all over for cards! I am definitely going to check out that website, yours turned out amazing!

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  6. These turned out so well! A good business card can be hard to find and are so useful for networking and working with brands. Also, Kate Spade makes my favorite card case.

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  7. Super cute cards and case!

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  8. Hanna Lei wrote:

Those look so nice! –Hanna Marie

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  9. katie lake wrote:

I have business cards but they match my old blog design. They are from Moo because I received a credit from them. I need to order new ones. It is so much easier to just give people a card.

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  10. These look so great!!

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  11. Pamela wrote:

They look great!!

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  12. Love this idea! I'm following.

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  13. Nikki wrote:

Great post! I have been wanting to get blog business cards, but haven't yet. I haven't really needed them but I definitely want to get some done soon! Yours are too cute!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

Posted 11.11.13 Reply
  14. Kerri wrote:

Those are precious! Love it!

Posted 11.12.13 Reply
  15. Rachel R wrote:

Lookin' good!

Posted 11.12.13 Reply
  16. Definitely a blogger MUST – well done lady!

xo
    Kristin of LivingInColorPrint.com

Posted 12.3.13 Reply
  17. Jessica S wrote:

Love your cards! I agree, the are so needed! But I have realized recently that I wished I had added a phone number to mine… do you ever think that?

xx
    Here&Now

Enter my current giveaway!

Posted 12.6.13 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50