The new ‘do

Remember my short hair inspiration post? Well, yesterday I took that inspiration to my hair stylist and chopped off six inches of my hair!! I had that initial “oh my god…my hair is gone” moment, but once it was styled I knew it was absolutely what I had been wanting! My hair stylist is great at taking inspiration and my (rambled) ideas and making it work! It is easy, chic, and is going to cut my morning routine in half! (which definitely means more time to hit the snooze button)
But enough about the hair… can we talk about how amazing this ruffle sleeve top and this pink statement necklace are together? I laid eyes on this ruffle sleeve top a couple of months back but for some reason put off getting it…fast forward a few weeks and a few dreams about it later and I made it mine! This Oia Jules statement necklace adds the perfect amount of color to this top! Such a feminine and girly outfit perfect for date night or a night out with your best girlfriends!

ASOS Top | c/o Oia Jules Necklace Old Navy Denim | Target Heels | Alex and Ani Bracelets c/o Jeweler’s Wife (seashellpath of lifeinitialpaw print | Michael Kors Watch | MAC Girl About Town Lipstick Essie ‘Over the Edge’

1. Natali wrote:

Wow!! You look gorgeous!! New hair suits you perfectly!

2. Jill Hite wrote:

Love your hair!! You look beautiful!

3. Nora wrote:

You look lovely! i like the soft colors!

XX Nora / 1310bynora.com

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  4. Your new hair looks fabulous- congrats on taking the plunge!

5. Emily wrote:

Love how your hair turned out and that necklace = to die!

6. Ashley wrote:

You are rockin’ this new hairstyle girlfriend! Looks awesome!

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  7. So cute, Emily! I love short hair on you!

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  8. Super cute hair Emily! I've been considering a big chop but haven't found the courage yet… you are my hairspiration! HAHA!

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  9. Holy chic!! Love it! It really accentuates the shape of your face, beautiful style and cut!

10. Zelle B. wrote:

Whoa — loving the new hair! You look gorgeous as always! loving this look!
    xo

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  11. Love it!! Looks great on you!

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  12. SO gorgeous!! Love the new haircut, and that top is so fun!

xo
    Sam

13. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!
    Love the hair, love the necklace, and love the blouse!

P.S. I may have to take your photo as my hair inspiration to my hairdresser.

~Cheryl

14. Meg O. wrote:

I LOVE your hair!!! And everything else 🙂

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  15. I really love that necklace!

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  16. wow emily the new hair looks absolutely incredible!! and glad you snagged that shirt, it is so perfect on your tiny little frame!!

xo mk
    thegoldhattedlover.blogspot.com

17. Lyndsay wrote:

Your hair looks amazing! I've been wanting a very similar cut for months now but haven't had the courage to do it just yet. I love your top as well, it's adorable!

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  18. Love the new hair, looks really sophisticated!

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  19. That top is darling! And so is your hair!

20. Meg Cady wrote:

Your new hair really is so chic!!!

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  21. Love this top, just ordered it in navy! Your haircut looks fantastic & suits you so well!

Posted 2.20.14 Reply
  22. You look so pretty! I love your hair!

Posted 2.21.14 Reply
  23. You look great! Love that top too 🙂

PS did you get a new lens? Your photos look amazing!

Posted 2.21.14 Reply
  24. You look beautiful. The new 'do suits you so well!
    The Grass Skirt

Posted 2.21.14 Reply
  25. Hanna Lei wrote:

The short hair looks great on you. –Hanna Lei

Posted 2.21.14 Reply
  26. Kathryn wrote:

Your hair is so chic!!! Beautiful top and necklace, too! I need a haircut since it's been, oh, six months, but mine would be huge if I went this short. Wish I could!

Posted 2.21.14 Reply
  27. Connie B wrote:

Your hair looks so great! I hope I work up the courage to cut mine!

Constance || Prep Northwest

Posted 2.21.14 Reply
  28. Miss ALK wrote:

Loving your new hair!! I have to be honest and say that I have seen that haircut on others before and not been a fan- but you pull it off SO well! So chic and elegant 🙂

xoxo A

Posted 2.21.14 Reply
  29. Perfect look!

Posted 2.21.14 Reply
  30. I love your outfit, especially your perfect pink lipstick! You pull off that hair cut amazingly 🙂

XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

Posted 2.21.14 Reply
  31. LOVE the new hair and your outfit!

Posted 2.22.14 Reply
  32. BKCsquared wrote:

Short hair totally suits you…it looks fab! I'm actually getting my hair cut shorter tomorrow & trying out a new hair stylist, so hopefully all goes well 🙂

xo, K

Posted 2.23.14 Reply

• Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas 🛳 b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! 😊 Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! 🐱#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas 🌊🍹I don’t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand 🙌🏻 this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! 🍾👏🏻
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And I’m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50
  • Twirling into another day on board #NavigatoroftheSeas 💙 Today’s plans include a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar (!!), relaxing under a cabana & going on the water slides with Nick! We love @royalcaribbean ships & this one is no different - we are having a blast!😋🛳💙#enwexplores #royalcaribbean #comeseek
Shop this feminine, flowy dress here: http://liketk.it/2BR3X or at the link in my bio. #liketkit #LTKtravel
  • A *p e r f e c t* day at CocoCay!🌴 Yesterday we spent the day at #PerfectDayatCocoCay, @royalcaribbean’s newest island and y’all, the name is fitting because it was a truly perfect day! We did a bit of relaxing on Chill Island (read on the beach, got a few Coco Loco drinks & swam with the fishies!)📚🍹🐠 followed by a bit of adventure at Thrill Waterpark (we did obstacle courses in the pool & raced on the BIGGEST water slides!) 😳🧜🏻‍♀️🏊🏻‍♀️ the best of both worlds, for sure! #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek #royalcaribbean
Shop this cute coverup & my favorite wide brim hat here: http://liketk.it/2BQdC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100
  • Last night’s all white look (plus fun accessories!) for the set sail party with @royalcaribbean! I am *loving*  #NavigatoroftheSeas - so many cozy & colorful lounge areas, not to mention all the fun things to explore from the bars to water slides! 🙌🏻 #comeseek #enwexplores
Shop this look by clicking the link in my bio or following me in the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BOXO #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #royalcaribbean #perfectdayatcococay
  • Mai-tais well kick off the cruise the right way... with a drink in hand!🍹😉 Having the best time aboard #navigatoroftheseas & can’t wait to experience #PerfectDayatCocoCay today! be sure to follow along on stories 🛳🌴👙🌊 #enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BO3t #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKsalealert