Weekend Wear | The Biltmore Estate

As many times as I’ve been to Asheville, I have never made it to The Biltmore Estate together! The last time I had been was middle school and I didn’t appreciate the history, the detail, or the extravagance. On Saturday morning we headed to The Biltmore Estate for a day of fun! I knew the day would involve a lot of walking and being outside, so I wanted to wear something I knew I would be comfortable in! This outfit is a new favorite of mine. I wore a variation of it two days in a row! It’s very easy to throw together and I still managed to be extremely comfortable! If I would have remembered how unsupportive my Jack Rogers are on my feet I might have traded them in for my Chucks for a day of walking…but hindsight is 20/20, right?! P.S. You are definitely going to catch me wearing this military vest over everything from tees to dresses this spring and summer!!

Gap Striped Tee (on sale) | c/o H&M Vest | c/o Aeropostale Shorts | Michael Kors Watch | Ray-Ban Aviators | c/o Reese and Blair ring + earrings Jack Rogers Sandals c/o Bow Necklace Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC |

1. Lyndsay wrote:

This is such a cute outfit, weekend look! I'm loving your vest and the estate looks absolutely gorgeous!

Posted 5.5.14 Reply
  2. In love with your vest! Layering it over the striped top was a perfect choice! Have you ever visited Wimlington, NC? I just got back from my second trip there with my sister and it is our favorite place!

3. Meg Cady wrote:

Great outfit as usual! My parents hop up to the estate ALL THE TIME, they Loooooove it there! Hopefully I will make it out there one day when I am visiting!

Posted 5.5.14 Reply
  4. Love everything about this outfit! And that place is gorgeous. Looks straight out of an Austen novel!

xo Kylie

Posted 5.5.14 Reply
  5. Love this look! Such a perfect casual weekend outfit that's comfortable, but still put together.

xo
    Sam

Posted 5.5.14 Reply
  6. Love! Forgot how cute Aeropostale's clothes are!

Posted 5.5.14 Reply
  7. Love! Totally forgot Aeropostale has such cute stuff!

8. Kristina wrote:

I went to the Biltmore for the first time over Christmas & I absolutely loved it!! And such a cute outfit for exploring 🙂

Kristina
    medicineandmanicures.blogspot.com

9. Maura wrote:

Looks like such gorgeous weather! I wish it would finally warm up here in the Northeast!

10. Heather wrote:

Love your pictures of the Biltmore! We had such a great time when we went back in January but it looks beautiful now that the grass is green (and no snow in sight!) and the flowers have bloomed.

Posted 5.5.14 Reply
  11. Love your outfit, esp. the necklace!

Liz @ http://www.shoppingmycloset.com

Posted 5.5.14 Reply
  12. i want to go to the biltmore, it looks like an estate that you would find in europe!!

loving this casual look and seriously obsessed with that vest. i love how a vest can completely change up a look and add just the right amount of cool.

hope you had a wonderful weekend!

xo mk
    gold-hatted lover

Posted 5.5.14 Reply
  13. Absolutely love Ashville! And the Biltmore is fabulous! You look adorable, love the casual look!

Posted 5.6.14 Reply
  14. I am so jealous of your trip. I love Asheville and the Biltmore is one of my favorite places!

Katie
    pinkblondeandblue.blogspot.com

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  15. What a beautiful location to take pictures. Love your look.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
    Love,
    Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

Posted 5.12.14 Reply
  16. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. We always love spring and summer blog posts. Showcasing fashion and all the flowers in bloom 🙂

Posted 5.12.14 Reply
  17. Love your blog! Super cute outfit, I love anything in stripes! 🙂 looking forward to seeing more from you!
    Xo,

Posted 5.22.14 Reply
  18. Wow this place look like pure magic!! You guys got some amazing shots!!! And you looked adorable!! I want those shorts!! 🙂

Posted 5.29.14 Reply
  19. loving this casual look on you lady!

xo SideSmile,
    Ashley
    SideSmile Style

Posted 6.24.14 Reply
  20. Patti Emmerson wrote:

Where can we buy the bow necklace???

Posted 11.2.19 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Patti,

The post you commented on is from 2013, so unfortunately that bow necklace is no longer available! Here is the updated version of the necklace that is very similar. http://bit.ly/2CiAEqB I hope that helps!

Posted 11.6.19 Reply

• I’ll take all things bright & colorful, please! 💕 daydreaming about the day when I have somewhere to go so I can wear these pieces! 🙌🏻 sharing this roundup of spring finds today on lifewithemilyblog.com OR you can shop it at the link in bio + @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2PCh6 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKspring #springfinds #warmweather #springstyles
  • 3️⃣2️⃣ looks good on you, @nick_wilkinson1! 🎉 happy birthday my love! I love you more than you know! I’m so grateful for the life we have built together & I’m thankful to be by your side through it all. I can’t wait to celebrate another year of you & watch you become a dad in a few short months! 👶🏻 cheers to another year of memories together! 💙#happybirthday #32ndbirthday #birthdayboy
  • Another rainy day ☔️ wishing for warmer days + being able to get dressed up to head out! But instead we’re curled up on the couch and are having a crock pot meal tonight... not mad about it! 💙 This maxi dress is so stunning in person & is so comfortable! Can’t wait to wear it out again! Shop everything here (earrings are $8, dress fits oversized I’m in an XS) http://liketk.it/2PgfP @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKspring  #fpxme #freepeople
  • Anyone else been tinkering with spaces around their house during quarantine?! 🙋🏼‍♀️I know I sure have! I have been using a mix of what I already own & what I have picked up from @kirklands (buy online, curbside pick up is a game changer!) to switch up spaces! 🙌🏻Best part is, I was able to refresh this space using only 4 items all for under $100! It's so easy to change out a few pieces to give a totally different look. [ad] shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2OYgA #LTKhome
#refresh4less #kirklandsinsiders #kirklandsfinds #kirklandshappiness
  • What are you looking forward to doing after quarantine?! 💕 A few things I’m looking forward to (full list on lifewithemilyblog.com):
•seeing our friends & family
•date nights & eating at our favorite local spots again 🍽 hoping we can squeeze in a few date nights while it’s just the 2 of us!
•getting my hair cut & my nails done 💇🏼‍♀️💅🏻My hair was in desperate need of a trim before... now it’s just embarrassing 😂

Shop this look here: http://liketk.it/2OOhX @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #pinkblushmaternity #pinkblush #pregnant #30weekspregnant #30weeks #pregnancystyle #maternitystyle #bumpstyle #stylethebump
  • 30 week “bumpdate”💙 it’s hard to believe that we will be meeting our little one in 10 weeks or less! 👶🏻I can’t believe just how quickly time has flown by!
•Baby boy is the size of a cantaloupe this week 🍈 + measures roughly 16in & 3lbs
•He is moving around like CRAZY lately! One of our favorite things to do at night is to watch/feel him moving.
• I am in full nesting mode! We are still working on his nursery but it’s quickly becoming my fav room in the house!
• We have been soaking up all of this time just the two of us during quarantine! We’ve been giving 🐶&🐱sooo much attention since we know their life is going to change drastically in July!

#bumpdate #30weeks #30weekspregnant #bumpstyle #stylethebump #maternitystyle #boymom #babyboy #momtobe #mama #pregnantblogger #expecting #bump #thebump #pregnant #pregnancyannouncement #mamatobe