Orange Crush

Orange has never been a color that catches my eye when I’m shopping, whether it be in stores or online. I think I can count on one hand the orange pieces in my closet. But this summer that has changed…..a lot! Time and time again I have found myself adding more orange to my closet, like this Everly top from Minx Boutique in Asheville! I am a huge fan of Everly Clothing and this top was no different. It was love at first sight. The pleats on this top are so simple, yet make the top a little less “basic.” I wore this look for a date night a few weeks back. It was the perfect combination of comfort, cute, and classic!

Top: c/o Minx Boutique | Denim: Old Navy | Heels: JustFab | Clutch: GiGi New York | Rings: Kendra Scott + Gorjana | Watch: Michael Kors

1. Hanna Lei wrote:

I love the top on you! –Hanna Lei

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  2. You look darling! I love the color of that top!

3. Natali wrote:

I like your jeans and sandals very much! You look beautiful!

4. Laura Bain wrote:

Emily that top is absolutely adorable and looks perfect on you! Great pick 🙂

XO Laura Leigh

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  5. Love this look – that top is amazing! And the nude and orange combo is perfect for the end of summer/beginning of fall!

Kacie
    RegallySoled.com

6. Courtney wrote:

Love the orange top with the neutrals, the pleats are adorable 🙂

daughterofasonofasailor.com

7. Lyndsay wrote:

That top is so cute! Love the fit and shape you on.

prosecco in the park

8. Dale Janee wrote:

You look gorgeous Emily and I know what you mean, I've been wearing so much more orange this summer! I love the top with the denim and neutral heels. Perfect looks!

xoDale

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  9. That top is too cute!! And those jeans just look like they were made for you!

xo Kylie

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  10. I have those Old Navy jeans too! Aren't they the best? They are super afforable and fit like a dream…after going a size up that is for me. Ha!

XO, Jaime
    RegallySoled.com

11. Jacy wrote:

I LOVE this outfit!! So cute for a date night, and orange looks beautiful on you! I may have to pick up those distressed skinny jeans too…especially for the price!

~Jacy

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  12. I'm the same way with red! I recently purchased a silk red top and realized it was the first real solid red piece in my closet but now I keep finding myself drawn to it! Love this top, the pleats are awesome!

Emily at Style Cubby

13. Darcy wrote:

SO CUTE! I recently just started adding more orange to my wardrobe and I am really in love with it!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  14. Loveee your outfit, Emily! Orange doesn't look to great on me, but I have a nice little chunk in my closet since I cheer for the Vols!

XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

15. Zelle B. wrote:

Love those heels! This look is fab. xo!

Southern Style

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  16. Obsessed with those sandals!

Cheers,
    Stia, Jean & Katherine
    bishop&holland

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  17. The orange top is a nice pop of color. You're rocking it with those skinny jeans.

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  18. Love the color of your top! So ready for fall!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  19. Robyn wrote:

Beautiful look! Your nails go perfectly with the orange top! Great color on you:)

Robyn

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  20. Shoshana wrote:

Really pretty outfit. Very casual yet chic. I can see this easily being a day look & then a night look. Simply add a statement necklace, switch to a sandal with a stiletto heel, a darker clutch & shazam. Regardless, you look very stylish.

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  21. Ashley S wrote:

I love the top and entire outfit. I wish I could wear heels like that.

Posted 10.1.15 Reply

• We’re having a BOY!!!!!!!💙👶🏻🤰🏼we are so excited to be adding a baby boy to our family this July! 🥰 Our sweet little one is already so loved & we can’t wait for all the memories to come with our baby boy! Couldn’t be more thrilled to be a #boymom & be the 👸🏼 in a house full of boys! 🤵🏻👶🏻🐶🐱 #genderreveal #babyboy #itsaboy #werehavingaboy #pregnant #genderrevealparty #boydad #parentstobe #boyparents #stylethebump #bumpfriendly #expectingparents #pregnancyannouncement #pregnantblogger
  • It’s GENDER REVEAL day!💙👶🏻💕We’re having our families over today to find out the gender of our little baby & we are SO excited! I’m sharing some of the results of old wives tales - what do you think we’re having a BOY or GIRL?! 👶🏻
....
1. No morning sickness 💙
2. Chinese calendar says girl 💕
3. The ring test says boy 💙
4. Heartbeat over 150 means girl 💕
5. Having dry hands is sign of a boy & mine have been a bit dry💙
6. Pregnancy acne means girl💕
7. Calm= girl, clumsy=boy - I have been SO clumsy lately💙
8. Having headaches is a sign of a boy - I have had BAD ones💙
9. Craving salty=boy, sweets=girl - I tend to crave both so 💕or💙
10. Feeling more cold means boy, feeling more warm means girl - I have been cold 24/7 💙
11. Moody means girl, calm means boy - Nick would says I’ve been a bit moody 🤣💕
....
Shop my dress: http://liketk.it/2KGdj @liketoknow.it #ltkunder50 #stylethebump
#gendereveal #genderrevealparty #pregnancyannouncement #wereexpecting #oldwivestales #pregnant #18weeks #boyorgirl #heorshe #parentstobe #momanddadtobe #pregnantblogger
  • Sharing our dining room transformation on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 swipe to see the before photo (from when we viewed the property!)
.....
so what did we do? 🧰
-added wainscoting (huge thanks to my dad!) 🙌🏻
-painted the trim white
-added a bold color to the walls thanks to @clarepaint! The color is Goodnight Moon & it’s the perfect true navy with no undertones!
-swapped out the light fixture
-refinished the sideboard
.....
We are so happy with the transformation & how the space turned out!
#enwhome #homeimprovement #clarepaint #shareyourclare #diningroom #diy #diyprojects
  • It’s another rainy day here (we’re on day 7163 I’m pretty sure!) 💦 I’m currently wishing for warmer days & shorts weather! 🌴 my post from Aruba is live - complete with where to eat/drink along with things to see & do! 🌊 #Aruba #onehappyisland #onehappyislandaruba #enwexplores http://liketk.it/2Kw8W #LTKtravel #LTKswim #agolde #aexme #aerieswim #aeriereal
  • Happy Valentine’s Day 💙 We’re celebrating our 10th Valentine’s Day together and our last one as just the two of us! 👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏻We’re keeping it low-key & cooking a delicious dinner together🍴I love the life we have built together & can’t wait to see you be the cutest, most caring dad 🥰 p.s. swipe to see some throwback pics of us from 2005-ish ... we were babies! 😂 #valentinesday #myforevervalentine
  • AD: It's no secret that I love anything to do with true crime, so when I heard about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I knew I just *had* to read it! 📖🕵🏼‍♀️This book reminded me a lot of the Serial podcast & it's safe to say I was instantly hooked! I read this book in 24 hours because I simply couldn't put it down and I had to know how Pip's senior project surrounding the disappearance of Andie Bell played out! If you need another book to add to your list, be sure it's this one! 📚 Sharing more in stories! @GetUnderlined  @hojay92 #GetUnderlined #GetUnderlinedPartner #AGoodGirlsGuidetoMurder