Orange Crush

Orange has never been a color that catches my eye when I’m shopping, whether it be in stores or online. I think I can count on one hand the orange pieces in my closet. But this summer that has changed…..a lot! Time and time again I have found myself adding more orange to my closet, like this Everly top from Minx Boutique in Asheville! I am a huge fan of Everly Clothing and this top was no different. It was love at first sight. The pleats on this top are so simple, yet make the top a little less “basic.” I wore this look for a date night a few weeks back. It was the perfect combination of comfort, cute, and classic!

Top: c/o Minx Boutique | Denim: Old Navy | Heels: JustFab | Clutch: GiGi New York | Rings: Kendra Scott + Gorjana | Watch: Michael Kors

1. Hanna Lei wrote:

I love the top on you! –Hanna Lei

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  2. You look darling! I love the color of that top!

3. Natali wrote:

I like your jeans and sandals very much! You look beautiful!

4. Laura Bain wrote:

Emily that top is absolutely adorable and looks perfect on you! Great pick 🙂

XO Laura Leigh

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  5. Love this look – that top is amazing! And the nude and orange combo is perfect for the end of summer/beginning of fall!

Kacie
    RegallySoled.com

6. Courtney wrote:

Love the orange top with the neutrals, the pleats are adorable 🙂

daughterofasonofasailor.com

7. Lyndsay wrote:

That top is so cute! Love the fit and shape you on.

prosecco in the park

8. Dale Janee wrote:

You look gorgeous Emily and I know what you mean, I've been wearing so much more orange this summer! I love the top with the denim and neutral heels. Perfect looks!

xoDale

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  9. That top is too cute!! And those jeans just look like they were made for you!

xo Kylie

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  10. I have those Old Navy jeans too! Aren't they the best? They are super afforable and fit like a dream…after going a size up that is for me. Ha!

XO, Jaime
    RegallySoled.com

11. Jacy wrote:

I LOVE this outfit!! So cute for a date night, and orange looks beautiful on you! I may have to pick up those distressed skinny jeans too…especially for the price!

~Jacy

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  12. I'm the same way with red! I recently purchased a silk red top and realized it was the first real solid red piece in my closet but now I keep finding myself drawn to it! Love this top, the pleats are awesome!

Emily at Style Cubby

13. Darcy wrote:

SO CUTE! I recently just started adding more orange to my wardrobe and I am really in love with it!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  14. Loveee your outfit, Emily! Orange doesn't look to great on me, but I have a nice little chunk in my closet since I cheer for the Vols!

XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

15. Zelle B. wrote:

Love those heels! This look is fab. xo!

Southern Style

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  16. Obsessed with those sandals!

Cheers,
    Stia, Jean & Katherine
    bishop&holland

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  17. The orange top is a nice pop of color. You're rocking it with those skinny jeans.

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  18. Love the color of your top! So ready for fall!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  19. Robyn wrote:

Beautiful look! Your nails go perfectly with the orange top! Great color on you:)

Robyn

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  20. Shoshana wrote:

Really pretty outfit. Very casual yet chic. I can see this easily being a day look & then a night look. Simply add a statement necklace, switch to a sandal with a stiletto heel, a darker clutch & shazam. Regardless, you look very stylish.

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  21. Ashley S wrote:

I love the top and entire outfit. I wish I could wear heels like that.

Posted 10.1.15 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬