Summer Days

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was spent at the beach and while the weather wasn’t 100% wonderful, it sure beat the crazy tropical storm we dealt with the weekend before! I spent my weekend in a beach chair with a book in one hand and a beer in the other, so no complaints from me!
By the way, can anyone believe that we’re almost to mid-August?? Where has the time gone? August is one of my absolute favorite months of the year. Everything is so vibrant and gorgeous in preparation for fall! My one complaint? Just how darn excruciatingly hot it is! They don’t call it the dog days of summer for nothing! Lately I’ve been finding myself wearing minimal layers, because let’s be honest, anything that’s not breathable and light weight will leave me sweating (just being honest here!) I’ve relied a lot on tanks and skirts or flowy shorts the past few weeks and I know I will keep wearing a variation of the outfit below until North Carolina sees a drop in temperature!
Tank: Forever 21 | Skirt: c/o Savvy Clothing | Wedges: Old Navy, old | Hat: David & Young | Necklaces: Kendra Scott + Gorjana

1. Natali wrote:

I can't believe that the time flies by so fast, it's crazy!
    You look beautiful in this simple but lovely outfit! Great hat and skirt. 🙂

2. Hanna Lei wrote:

I love that skirt! And your legs look so long. –Hanna Lei

3. Gabriela wrote:

I've been wearing similar looks recently in the Northeast, so I can only imagine how warm it is in the South! Cute yet functional, I love the print of the skirt!

4. Laura Bain wrote:

The sun looks gorgeous in these photos! You too of course 🙂

XO Laura Leigh

5. Robyn wrote:

I love your skirt! The floral print compliments your Fedora hat perfectly:)

Robyn

6. Lyndsay wrote:

A book and a beer on a beach sounds perfect. This is such a great look for those super hot days, love your layered necklaces.

prosecco in the park

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  7. Love the print of this skirt so much!

Emily at Style Cubby

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  8. Love your outfit! I can totally relate to the feeling of being gross and sweaty during these hot days of summer. Blech.

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

9. Amanda wrote:

The hat definitely adds to the outfit! I need to find a good panama hat, maybe this time of year I can find a good sale 🙂

Amanda
    XO Strawberry Chic

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  10. Love this outfit! I was thinking it was a dress until I saw the description, so cute!

11. Zelle B. wrote:

Love this look! That skirt is perfect.
    xo!

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  12. such a pretty, easy outfit! so glad you had a nice weekend!

xo mk
    gold-hatted lover

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  13. I love that skirt. I always have the hardest time finding skirts I like but this one is gorgeous!

-Julie
    julieupstairs.wordpress.com

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  14. I love that skirt! It looks like the perfect light weight material for hot weather!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬