Summer Days

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was spent at the beach and while the weather wasn’t 100% wonderful, it sure beat the crazy tropical storm we dealt with the weekend before! I spent my weekend in a beach chair with a book in one hand and a beer in the other, so no complaints from me!
By the way, can anyone believe that we’re almost to mid-August?? Where has the time gone? August is one of my absolute favorite months of the year. Everything is so vibrant and gorgeous in preparation for fall! My one complaint? Just how darn excruciatingly hot it is! They don’t call it the dog days of summer for nothing! Lately I’ve been finding myself wearing minimal layers, because let’s be honest, anything that’s not breathable and light weight will leave me sweating (just being honest here!) I’ve relied a lot on tanks and skirts or flowy shorts the past few weeks and I know I will keep wearing a variation of the outfit below until North Carolina sees a drop in temperature!
Tank: Forever 21 | Skirt: c/o Savvy Clothing | Wedges: Old Navy, old | Hat: David & Young | Necklaces: Kendra Scott + Gorjana

1. Natali wrote:

I can't believe that the time flies by so fast, it's crazy!
    You look beautiful in this simple but lovely outfit! Great hat and skirt. 🙂

2. Hanna Lei wrote:

I love that skirt! And your legs look so long. –Hanna Lei

3. Gabriela wrote:

I've been wearing similar looks recently in the Northeast, so I can only imagine how warm it is in the South! Cute yet functional, I love the print of the skirt!

4. Laura Bain wrote:

The sun looks gorgeous in these photos! You too of course 🙂

XO Laura Leigh

5. Robyn wrote:

I love your skirt! The floral print compliments your Fedora hat perfectly:)

Robyn

6. Lyndsay wrote:

A book and a beer on a beach sounds perfect. This is such a great look for those super hot days, love your layered necklaces.

prosecco in the park

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  7. Love the print of this skirt so much!

Emily at Style Cubby

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  8. Love your outfit! I can totally relate to the feeling of being gross and sweaty during these hot days of summer. Blech.

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

9. Amanda wrote:

The hat definitely adds to the outfit! I need to find a good panama hat, maybe this time of year I can find a good sale 🙂

Amanda
    XO Strawberry Chic

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  10. Love this outfit! I was thinking it was a dress until I saw the description, so cute!

11. Zelle B. wrote:

Love this look! That skirt is perfect.
    xo!

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  12. such a pretty, easy outfit! so glad you had a nice weekend!

xo mk
    gold-hatted lover

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  13. I love that skirt. I always have the hardest time finding skirts I like but this one is gorgeous!

-Julie
    julieupstairs.wordpress.com

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  14. I love that skirt! It looks like the perfect light weight material for hot weather!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply

• I think we’re officially in the “dog days of summer” here in NC 🥵It has been so hot & humid here lately that even leaving the house (and the AC!) seems like such a chore ha! 🍦I *think* I’m ready for fall now! Anyone else?! 🙋🏼‍♀️
P.s. it’s been radio silent around here due to unpacking, training our little pup & just trying to get our little fam into a new routine! 🤗🐶🐱👫🏡
  • Meet Avett Wilkinson 🐶 we added another four-legged friend to our family last weekend (yes, 24 hours after our move... we may be a bit crazy ha!) he is named after our love of @theavettbrothers & is an 8-week old #goldenretriever! 💙 We love this ball of floof more every single day! 🐶 #charlieandavett #avettsadventures
  • SOLD! 🏡 we are officially home owners! 📦🍾👏🏻We are SO excited for this new chapter in our lives & look forward to making this house feel like home 💙 Now, let’s get to unpacking, @nick_wilkinson1! #homeowners #weboughtahouse #firsttimehomeowner
  • A southern summer soirée 💙Last month I got together with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace to put on a southern garden party - complete with delightful desserts, gorgeous @draperjames, great company & the perfect southern backdrop, the gorgeous @mcalisterleftwich house! We had the best time - it was so nice to come together as strangers (well, internet friends!) & leave as friends 👯‍♀️ see more on lifewithemilyblog.com & shop our looks here: http://liketk.it/2CUlv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #draperjamesgirl #mydraperjames photos: @megantravisphotography
  • Calling all book nerds 📚🤓🙋🏼‍♀️ I’m chatting all about @bookofthemonth & why I love it today on the blog! 💙 I’ve been a BOTM member for 3 years now & cant say enough great things about it! Want to join?! DM me or read the post on lifewithemilyblog.com! Link to post in my bio & shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2CRXS #enwreads #bookstagram #bookofthemonth #botm #botmclub
  • It’s Friday! 🎉 anyone else so ready for the weekend?! It has been rainy here *all week long* so I’m hoping for better weather ☀️ p.s. I shared a travel diary from my recent trip with @royalcaribbean on #navigatoriftheseas (link in profile!) #perfectdayatcococay #enwexplores #comeseek
Shop this look at the link in bio OR with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CISq #liketkit #LTKtravel #ltkunder50 #ltkunder100 #amazon #amazonfashion