Summer Days

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was spent at the beach and while the weather wasn’t 100% wonderful, it sure beat the crazy tropical storm we dealt with the weekend before! I spent my weekend in a beach chair with a book in one hand and a beer in the other, so no complaints from me!
By the way, can anyone believe that we’re almost to mid-August?? Where has the time gone? August is one of my absolute favorite months of the year. Everything is so vibrant and gorgeous in preparation for fall! My one complaint? Just how darn excruciatingly hot it is! They don’t call it the dog days of summer for nothing! Lately I’ve been finding myself wearing minimal layers, because let’s be honest, anything that’s not breathable and light weight will leave me sweating (just being honest here!) I’ve relied a lot on tanks and skirts or flowy shorts the past few weeks and I know I will keep wearing a variation of the outfit below until North Carolina sees a drop in temperature!
Tank: Forever 21 | Skirt: c/o Savvy Clothing | Wedges: Old Navy, old | Hat: David & Young | Necklaces: Kendra Scott + Gorjana

1. Natali wrote:

I can't believe that the time flies by so fast, it's crazy!
    You look beautiful in this simple but lovely outfit! Great hat and skirt. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Hanna Lei wrote:

I love that skirt! And your legs look so long. –Hanna Lei

3. Gabriela wrote:

I've been wearing similar looks recently in the Northeast, so I can only imagine how warm it is in the South! Cute yet functional, I love the print of the skirt!

4. Laura Bain wrote:

The sun looks gorgeous in these photos! You too of course ๐Ÿ™‚

XO Laura Leigh

5. Robyn wrote:

I love your skirt! The floral print compliments your Fedora hat perfectly:)

Robyn

6. Lyndsay wrote:

A book and a beer on a beach sounds perfect. This is such a great look for those super hot days, love your layered necklaces.

prosecco in the park

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  7. Love the print of this skirt so much!

Emily at Style Cubby

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  8. Love your outfit! I can totally relate to the feeling of being gross and sweaty during these hot days of summer. Blech.

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

9. Amanda wrote:

The hat definitely adds to the outfit! I need to find a good panama hat, maybe this time of year I can find a good sale ๐Ÿ™‚

Amanda
    XO Strawberry Chic

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  10. Love this outfit! I was thinking it was a dress until I saw the description, so cute!

11. Zelle B. wrote:

Love this look! That skirt is perfect.
    xo!

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  12. such a pretty, easy outfit! so glad you had a nice weekend!

xo mk
    gold-hatted lover

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  13. I love that skirt. I always have the hardest time finding skirts I like but this one is gorgeous!

-Julie
    julieupstairs.wordpress.com

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  14. I love that skirt! It looks like the perfect light weight material for hot weather!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply

• Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas ๐Ÿ›ณ b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! ๐Ÿ˜Š Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! ๐Ÿฑ#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸนI donโ€™t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And Iโ€™m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50
  • Twirling into another day on board #NavigatoroftheSeas ๐Ÿ’™ Todayโ€™s plans include a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar (!!), relaxing under a cabana & going on the water slides with Nick! We love @royalcaribbean ships & this one is no different - we are having a blast!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ›ณ๐Ÿ’™#enwexplores #royalcaribbean #comeseek
Shop this feminine, flowy dress here: http://liketk.it/2BR3X or at the link in my bio. #liketkit #LTKtravel
  • A *p e r f e c t* day at CocoCay!๐ŸŒด Yesterday we spent the day at #PerfectDayatCocoCay, @royalcaribbeanโ€™s newest island and yโ€™all, the name is fitting because it was a truly perfect day! We did a bit of relaxing on Chill Island (read on the beach, got a few Coco Loco drinks & swam with the fishies!)๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿน๐Ÿ  followed by a bit of adventure at Thrill Waterpark (we did obstacle courses in the pool & raced on the BIGGEST water slides!) ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿงœ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ the best of both worlds, for sure! #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek #royalcaribbean
Shop this cute coverup & my favorite wide brim hat here: http://liketk.it/2BQdC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100
  • Last nightโ€™s all white look (plus fun accessories!) for the set sail party with @royalcaribbean! I am *loving*  #NavigatoroftheSeas - so many cozy & colorful lounge areas, not to mention all the fun things to explore from the bars to water slides! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป #comeseek #enwexplores
Shop this look by clicking the link in my bio or following me in the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BOXO #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #royalcaribbean #perfectdayatcococay
  • Mai-tais well kick off the cruise the right way... with a drink in hand!๐Ÿน๐Ÿ˜‰ Having the best time aboard #navigatoroftheseas & canโ€™t wait to experience #PerfectDayatCocoCay today! be sure to follow along on stories ๐Ÿ›ณ๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ‘™๐ŸŒŠ #enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BO3t #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKsalealert