The LBD

I just wanted to stop in and share a simple outfit I wore earlier this week for dinner at one of my favorite local spots. I love the simplicity of this Little Black Dress (LBD) and the unexpected lace-up back! It could easily be styled several different ways. To keep it casual for dinner, I paired it with these adorable and oh-so comfortable leopard sandals that I just got from Kelly Fields Boutique!
I’m heading to the beach this weekend and crossing my fingers for good weather! I went to the beach last weekend with my family but it rained literally the entire time. We even got a few really bad thunder storms that shook our house pretty bad (it’s on stilts, so that’s why…but still, it was scary!) Here’s to hoping for sunny days and clear skies…. have a great weekend everyone!
Dress: ASOS | Sandals: Dolce Vita (more colors here) c/o Kelly Fields Boutique (use LIFEWITHEMILY for 15% off your purchase) | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: GiGi New York | Sunglasses: Minx Boutique | Lipstick: MAC Viva Glam Rihanna

1. Natali wrote:

Fantastic necklace and tote, you look so lovely in this outfit!

Posted 8.8.14 Reply
  2. Jeanne wrote:

Lovely sandals and tote! 😉
    XO

Jeanne

Posted 8.8.14 Reply
  3. Gabriela wrote:

Can't go wrong with an LBD, and I love the unexpected open back detail! Enjoy the beach with your family!

Posted 8.8.14 Reply
  4. I love a good LBD. It's versatile and never disappoints. I love the detail on the back and the hint of color added by the necklace. Gorgeous!

Posted 8.8.14 Reply
  5. Lyndsay wrote:

This is such a cute lbd! Love the lace up back, that's such a cool detail!

prosecco in the park

Posted 8.8.14 Reply
  6. Hanna Lei wrote:

I love the sandals –Hanna Lei

Posted 8.8.14 Reply
  7. those shoes are so incredible! i love that they are a slight nod to birks but the straps are a little different and it has the back strap.

wishing you a very warm and sunny weekend at the beach!

xo mk
    gold-hatted lover

Posted 8.8.14 Reply
  8. Love that dress- classy but with a fun back!

Kristina

Posted 8.8.14 Reply
  9. Robyn wrote:

Love the leoprd print sandals and the red lip adds just the right pop of color to complete this outfit:) So cute!!

Robyn

Posted 8.8.14 Reply
  10. Carian wrote:

I discovered your blog not even five minutes ago. I read some of your posts and I already love it! You have a great sense of style. I'm very much looking forward to your upcoming posts.

Carian

Posted 8.8.14 Reply
  11. Stop! The back of that dress is too cute! Hope you have fantastic weather for the beach this weekend =)

-Julie

Posted 8.9.14 Reply
  12. What a gorgeous outfit! I love wearing my LBD with leopard flats. You are so pretty!

Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

Posted 8.10.14 Reply
  13. I love these sandals!!!

Posted 8.10.14 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50