Every few months I like to post my updated daily makeup routine. For the most part my routine stays the same, but on occasion I will find a product that I like better than something currently being used or I will try a new product and it will end up transitioning into my daily makeup routine. Recently, I have gotten some people emailing and commenting about what kind of makeup I use, so I thought it was time to do an updated post! Feel free to email or comment below if you have any other questions! P.S. a hair curling tutorial is coming up soon, too!
I always start off by using toner and moisturizing my face. I’m currently using a line by Enza that I am really liking. I have really sensitive skin, so I am always hesitant to try new products, but after using their line for about three months now I am really noticing a subtle difference in my skin complexion. (I’ll be back next week with more details on these products!) After that I get started on my makeup.
1. I start off with BareMinerals Primer, which helps smooth out my pores, lines, etc. and helps my makeup stay on longer. I currently use the original formula, but have thought about using the tinted primer for days where I only want to wear the bare minimum of makeup.
2. Next I put on my foundation. I have never been much of a foundation person because it always felt so thick and heavy on my face, but when my favorite brand came out with a foundation I decided to give it a try….and I’m hooked. I use BareMinerals Foundation in the shade ‘Bare Shell.’ I really like that it doesn’t take a lot to cover, that it is a light formula, and that my skin can still breathe after it is put on!
3. I set my foundation with the original BareMinerals powder in ‘Fairly Light.’ This just gives my face an overall natural look. Depending on how much you want to cover you can either use a little or more. On days when I am covering up dark circles or those pesky pimples I may use a little more for coverage, otherwise I just swipe the brush over my face quickly and move on.
4. & 5. Then I add a little bronzer and blush to give my cheeks more definition. I use their bronzer in the shade ‘The Skinny Dip‘ and their blush in ‘Golden Gate.’ In the summer months I will use a luminizer to give me that summertime glow!
6. Next I move on to my eyes, my favorite part! I am a total mascara lover, it’s my weakness! I start with some eyeliner on my top eyelid (not on my bottom), then add mascara! I use a few different mascaras, the three pictured are my favorites. Each one adds either volume, length, or thickness. They all serve their purpose and I am a firm believer of using multiple mascaras. P.S. this Too Faced mascara is a new favorite!
7. Finally, I finish off my look with a lipstick and gloss. My go-to shades are BareMinerals ‘Speak Your Mind’ lipstick and ‘Spark Plug’ lipgloss. They are both a shade that complement each other and are appropriate for day or night. Usually for the night I will wear a darker lip, but it all just depends on my outfit!
So there you have it, my daily makeup routine! All products are purchased tried and true favorites of mine! As you can tell, I am a huge fan of BareMinerals. I had used it for years and years, then stopped while I was in college (and didn’t realize the importance of using “good” makeup) About a year ago, after a series of some really bad skin issues, I began using BareMinerals again and I haven’t looked back since! For anyone that wants light makeup or has sensitive skin like myself, I highly suggest trying BareMinerals products!
P.S. if you have any makeup favorites leave them in the comments below!!