2015 goals

It’s hard to believe that there are just a few days left in 2014. At the risk of sounding cliche, I can’t believe how quickly the past year flew by! I accomplished a lot, received a lot of really great opportunities, and also had moments of struggle, but overall 2014 was pretty good to me. I have high hopes for this next year. I don’t like the idea of resolutions, so instead every year I set goals for myself! This year I am blogging about them to try to stay a little more accountable!

1. Continue growing my blog & continue to educate myself more about blogging: This past year I have been able to focus a lot of my time on blogging. But, like anything, there’s always more to learn and room for improvement. This year I want to continue growing my blog and continue to learn more. I have an entire pinterest board filled with stuff I want to learn more about blogging!

2. Make a work out plan & stick to it. Try a few new work out classes (like Pure Barre & Cycle Loft): I’ve been better about working out, but I haven’t really been consistent with it. I want to set a schedule (and actually stick to it!) I also want to try new work out classes. We have a Pure Barre and a Cycle Loft that I’m wanting to try out for a different type of work out!

3. Learn to be more patient: I am not the most patient person in the world and it’s no secret. Lacking patience is something that I really need to work on, especially because it causes me to stress out!

4. Try new foods & eat healthier: I am a very picky eater and I am not very good about trying new foods! I’ve gotten better over the years, but it’s still a constant struggle. I want to try new foods this year and eat healthier, too. AKA I want to “like” salads….because right now I hate them ha!

5. Read more books: I thoroughly enjoy reading…if I’m having a rough day, I love to cuddle up with a blanket and a book and escape a little bit. But I don’t always allow time for reading. I want to read a little every single day so that I can read more books on my ever growing list!

6. Travel…and document it: I love to travel. Even on smaller trips I want to take more photos and document it here on the blog so that I can share it with you all and remember it for years to come!

7. Take the time to tell others how much I appreciate them: I have been blessed with wonderful family and friends who are good to me even if I don’t deserve it. And sometimes it’s easy to take that for granted. I want to take the time this year to do special things for those people and let them know how much I appreciate them!

8. Get more organized: I am a pretty organized person, but I can always be even more organized. I got a new desk for Christmas that has more space and storage, so that is my first step in getting organized!

9. Go to sleep earlier: I always tell myself “tonight I’m going to bed by 10:30” and then I get to doing things and the next thing I know it’s 1 a.m. The next day I end up exhausted because I got to sleep so late. I want to set a schedule and go to bed earlier so that I feel refreshed (not exhausted) the next day.

10. Unplug at least one time a week: Part of me not getting to sleep earlier is due to my phone, computer, and iPad. I will lay in bed and scroll through my social media sites before I go to bed and I end up wired. At least once a week I want to unplug and not be dependent on my devices for the day. I think it will be very refreshing.

What are your goals for 2015?

1. Jeanne wrote:

Must set some goals too! Merry Holidays Emily!

♥♥♥

Jeanne

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  2. Haha you look like a lite of me, because I could set al these goals for myself. Thanks for this!
    X Willemijn Sofie
    Amsterdam So Fashion

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  3. Your goals are extremely similar to mine so the visual list is helpful. Good luck on your goals!

xxAlicia
    Between the Pearls

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  4. great goals, have a happy 2015!

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  5. Scarlett wrote:

Great goals! I have yet to actually write out my goals, but these gave me some great ideas as well!
    xo, Scarlett
    The Trendy Chick

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  6. BKCsquared wrote:

Love this list!! B & I also hate salads and would love to start enjoying them more. I also would love to unplug once a week (or every two weeks..haha) – although it seems nearly impossible, I think it would be extremely refreshing! Hope you have a fantastic New Years!!

xo, K

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  7. Emily,
    While I think resolutions and goals are the same thing, I really like your list. I think they are all realistic and doable! Taking pictures and documenting your travels is a goal I highly recommend – I am not always the best at that, particularly making sure that *I* am in the photos. I have regretted that in the past and have made strides to make sure to document memories. Life can change fast and it is nice to have pictures to look back on. 🙂

~ Christina

Posted 12.29.14 Reply
  8. Ashley wrote:

Love the idea of goals Em! I’m with you on trying to go to bed earlier. The night always seems to get ahead of me!

Posted 12.29.14 Reply
  9. Posted 12.29.14 Reply
  10. Kendal wrote:

I have very similar goals, especially when it comes to blogging as well as working out and eating healthy! Happy early new year!!

Life With Kendal

Posted 12.29.14 Reply
  11. These are great goals. Wishing you a magical and successful 2015 x

Posted 12.29.14 Reply
  12. I hear ya girl! Those goals sound great! Have a happy new year and I hope that your 2015 is filled with blessings.

xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  13. Hanna Lei wrote:

I know I need to work on my blog more –Hanna Lei

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  14. Allie wrote:

Great goals, Emily! I am definitely with you on making blogging a big priority and goal in the new year. I come to your blog for inspiration frequently so know that you're already inspiring others!

Drop by Southern Comforts today to find some workout inspiration to jumpstart your fitness goals! Your Wednesday workout is up 🙂

Happy New Year!
    Allie

Posted 12.31.14 Reply
  15. great goals! gonna have to add some of them to my list! happy new year!

Posted 1.1.15 Reply
  16. Miranda wrote:

Great goals! I checked out your Pinterest for the blogging tutorials – good finds!
    Happy 2015!

Miranda

Posted 1.2.15 Reply
  17. Heather wrote:

Happy New Year! You have such a darling blog and I love these goals for 2015.

Posted 1.6.15 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬