2015 goals

It’s hard to believe that there are just a few days left in 2014. At the risk of sounding cliche, I can’t believe how quickly the past year flew by! I accomplished a lot, received a lot of really great opportunities, and also had moments of struggle, but overall 2014 was pretty good to me. I have high hopes for this next year. I don’t like the idea of resolutions, so instead every year I set goals for myself! This year I am blogging about them to try to stay a little more accountable!

1. Continue growing my blog & continue to educate myself more about blogging: This past year I have been able to focus a lot of my time on blogging. But, like anything, there’s always more to learn and room for improvement. This year I want to continue growing my blog and continue to learn more. I have an entire pinterest board filled with stuff I want to learn more about blogging!

2. Make a work out plan & stick to it. Try a few new work out classes (like Pure Barre & Cycle Loft): I’ve been better about working out, but I haven’t really been consistent with it. I want to set a schedule (and actually stick to it!) I also want to try new work out classes. We have a Pure Barre and a Cycle Loft that I’m wanting to try out for a different type of work out!

3. Learn to be more patient: I am not the most patient person in the world and it’s no secret. Lacking patience is something that I really need to work on, especially because it causes me to stress out!

4. Try new foods & eat healthier: I am a very picky eater and I am not very good about trying new foods! I’ve gotten better over the years, but it’s still a constant struggle. I want to try new foods this year and eat healthier, too. AKA I want to “like” salads….because right now I hate them ha!

5. Read more books: I thoroughly enjoy reading…if I’m having a rough day, I love to cuddle up with a blanket and a book and escape a little bit. But I don’t always allow time for reading. I want to read a little every single day so that I can read more books on my ever growing list!

6. Travel…and document it: I love to travel. Even on smaller trips I want to take more photos and document it here on the blog so that I can share it with you all and remember it for years to come!

7. Take the time to tell others how much I appreciate them: I have been blessed with wonderful family and friends who are good to me even if I don’t deserve it. And sometimes it’s easy to take that for granted. I want to take the time this year to do special things for those people and let them know how much I appreciate them!

8. Get more organized: I am a pretty organized person, but I can always be even more organized. I got a new desk for Christmas that has more space and storage, so that is my first step in getting organized!

9. Go to sleep earlier: I always tell myself “tonight I’m going to bed by 10:30” and then I get to doing things and the next thing I know it’s 1 a.m. The next day I end up exhausted because I got to sleep so late. I want to set a schedule and go to bed earlier so that I feel refreshed (not exhausted) the next day.

10. Unplug at least one time a week: Part of me not getting to sleep earlier is due to my phone, computer, and iPad. I will lay in bed and scroll through my social media sites before I go to bed and I end up wired. At least once a week I want to unplug and not be dependent on my devices for the day. I think it will be very refreshing.

What are your goals for 2015?

1. Jeanne wrote:

Must set some goals too! Merry Holidays Emily!

♥♥♥

Jeanne

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  2. Haha you look like a lite of me, because I could set al these goals for myself. Thanks for this!
    X Willemijn Sofie
    Amsterdam So Fashion

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  3. Your goals are extremely similar to mine so the visual list is helpful. Good luck on your goals!

xxAlicia
    Between the Pearls

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  4. great goals, have a happy 2015!

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  5. Scarlett wrote:

Great goals! I have yet to actually write out my goals, but these gave me some great ideas as well!
    xo, Scarlett
    The Trendy Chick

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  6. BKCsquared wrote:

Love this list!! B & I also hate salads and would love to start enjoying them more. I also would love to unplug once a week (or every two weeks..haha) – although it seems nearly impossible, I think it would be extremely refreshing! Hope you have a fantastic New Years!!

xo, K

Posted 12.28.14 Reply
  7. Emily,
    While I think resolutions and goals are the same thing, I really like your list. I think they are all realistic and doable! Taking pictures and documenting your travels is a goal I highly recommend – I am not always the best at that, particularly making sure that *I* am in the photos. I have regretted that in the past and have made strides to make sure to document memories. Life can change fast and it is nice to have pictures to look back on. 🙂

~ Christina

Posted 12.29.14 Reply
  8. Ashley wrote:

Love the idea of goals Em! I’m with you on trying to go to bed earlier. The night always seems to get ahead of me!

Posted 12.29.14 Reply
  9. Posted 12.29.14 Reply
  10. Kendal wrote:

I have very similar goals, especially when it comes to blogging as well as working out and eating healthy! Happy early new year!!

Life With Kendal

Posted 12.29.14 Reply
  11. These are great goals. Wishing you a magical and successful 2015 x

Posted 12.29.14 Reply
  12. I hear ya girl! Those goals sound great! Have a happy new year and I hope that your 2015 is filled with blessings.

xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  13. Hanna Lei wrote:

I know I need to work on my blog more –Hanna Lei

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  14. Allie wrote:

Great goals, Emily! I am definitely with you on making blogging a big priority and goal in the new year. I come to your blog for inspiration frequently so know that you're already inspiring others!

Drop by Southern Comforts today to find some workout inspiration to jumpstart your fitness goals! Your Wednesday workout is up 🙂

Happy New Year!
    Allie

Posted 12.31.14 Reply
  15. great goals! gonna have to add some of them to my list! happy new year!

Posted 1.1.15 Reply
  16. Miranda wrote:

Great goals! I checked out your Pinterest for the blogging tutorials – good finds!
    Happy 2015!

Miranda

Posted 1.2.15 Reply
  17. Heather wrote:

Happy New Year! You have such a darling blog and I love these goals for 2015.

Posted 1.6.15 Reply

• Happy 31st birthday to my favorite person in the entire world! 🎉🎂🥰 I feel so lucky to have you as my husband & soulmate! Thank you for being you, allowing me to be me & for always making life fun and entertaining!! I am SO excited for this next year (and all the years to come!) and can’t wait to see what this year brings you! Cheers to many more, my love! Love you most 🍾😘 #happybirthday #marriage #enwexplores
  • What’s your go-to TV show to binge?! 📺 I am always a fan of Friends - but some of my favs include Veep, A Million Little Things & Parenthood to name a few! I’m teaming up with @scottiestissues to share all my favorite binge-worthy TV shows whether you need a good cry or you want to laugh til you cry, they’ll have ya covered! #scottiesstyle #scottiescomfort #myscottiesstyle [sponsored]
  • If only every day looked something like this! Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for my Monday!🌴🍹🌊 instead it was spent catching up on emails and work all day! Still dreaming of the beautiful weather on #perfectdayatcococay 🙌🏻 can we go back already, @royalcaribbean?! 🛳 #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas
This swimsuit coverup is $20 and comes in 8 colors! Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app (just search emilynwilkinson)
  • One of my favorite parts about vacation is being able to relax with a good book in hand 📚🙌🏻 The #navigatoroftheseas has so many peaceful areas to relax, unwind & read a few pages - file that under a success! Admittedly, I didn’t read as much as I would have liked (because there was SO much to see & do!) but I’m glad that I got to read @marykayandrews newest book!
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BVxC #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #enwexplores @royalcaribbean #marykayandrews #stmartinspress
  • Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas 🛳 b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! 😊 Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! 🐱#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas 🌊🍹I don’t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand 🙌🏻 this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! 🍾👏🏻
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And I’m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50