Cruise Snapshots

In an effort to follow my New Year’s Goal #6 “travel…and document it” I am sharing some snapshots from my recent cruise with you! The day after Christmas we headed to Ft. Lauderdale to set sail on the Independence of the Seas. This was my first time on this ship and it definitely exceeded my expectations. This ship is spacious without feeling too big, there are a lot of things to do for many age groups, and a lot of different areas to hang out on the ship. I loved hanging out on the pool deck, on the promenade in the Irish pub, and in the piano bar!

Three years ago my family and I took a New Year’s cruise and absolutely loved it, so I was excited to cruise into the New Year again. We were on board for 7 days and 6 nights and visited Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and Haiti.

I really enjoyed Grand Cayman because we got to do a lot of exploring around the city (and of course do a little shopping). Jamaica was my least favorite, I felt like I was constantly being haggled, so I ended up getting back on the ship early. Our New Years day port was Labadee,Haiti and I loved the area of Haiti we were in. It was the ship’s private island and the beaches were absolutely beautiful, like a post card. We went jet skiing in the ocean while in Haiti. We got to see a lot of the different areas around the island and learn some of its history. But warning: setting up a jet ski excursion the day after NYE was probably the worst idea ever ha ha! #hungover I powered through though and it was really fun.

I still wish I had taken more photos (and actually more family photos, too…total fail) but it’s a start to my goal! Enjoy. xx

ship in the Cayman Islands
view on my run while at sea
beautiful sunset over the ocean
parents on NYE before Resurrection, the Journey tribute band
Piano player for the cruise
new friends on the ship
sista sista
cruise ship in Jamaica
Haiti

1. Natali wrote:

Such a lovely photo diary! Looks like you've had an amazing cruise!

2. wow looks like an amazing trip
    xo

3. Preeti wrote:

i was on the navigator of the seas in October and this ship looks amazing! Haiti looks alot like Belize to me. Hope you had a great time!

xoxo, Preeti

Posted 1.8.15 Reply
  4. looks like you had such a wonderful time!! I love your bathing suits from the trip! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Posted 1.8.15 Reply
  5. What a fun trip! I could use some of that warm weather and beach days right about now!

Posted 1.8.15 Reply
  6. Looks like you had a lovely time! I love going on cruises..so fun!

xx, Alyssa

Posted 1.8.15 Reply
  7. That looks like so much fun!

Posted 1.8.15 Reply
  8. I never take enough photos/any photos when I go on vacation too! I recently started taking more, and I'm SO GLAD I did. They're super fun to look back on later. Looks like you had a blast!

Posted 1.8.15 Reply
  9. I just found your blog and I love it! Your trip looks like a blast, I miss warm weather!!!

Posted 1.8.15 Reply
  10. Looks like you had fun!

Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

Posted 1.8.15 Reply
  11. Such fun photos! I've always wanted to go on a cruise! They look like so much fun!

Paige

12. Kate Cope wrote:

Looks like such an amazing vacation! (I am loving your cruise style, btw and so jealous since I'm in 13 degree weather right now!) Cruises are some of my favorite vacations- you get to see beautiful places, but they take care of all the details and you never run out of things to do/see. So glad you enjoyed it!
    This Side of Paradise

13. Jeanne wrote:

So much fun! I love your blue printed dress and yopur sunnies!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne

14. Jenna wrote:

Great pictures! I went on a cruise in October and I loved it! You look amazing and I LOVE all your bathing suits!

15. Hanna Lei wrote:

Looks like so much fun! –Hanna Lei

Posted 1.9.15 Reply
  16. Great pictures and your lipstick is so flattering! What color is it?

Katherine
    prepinmysteps.blogspot.com

Posted 1.9.15 Reply
  17. Looks like you had a fabulous time! Warmer weather is much needed for me right now. Looking forward to taking a cold weather break this February when I go to Florida!

x Sarah

Posted 1.9.15 Reply
  18. Andrea wrote:

Wow! That JustFab dress looks amazing! I never trusted their clothing quality, but I'll have to give that dress a try!

Posted 1.10.15 Reply

• muted 🖤 taking today to listen, learn & educate myself. Let the voices of others be heard. #blackouttuesday
  • I see you. I hear you & I understand that I will never fully understand. I don’t always have the words or know when to say them, but one thing I do know is that I can’t be silent. We can all do better. We can open our eyes to the injustice, we can open our ears and listen in silence & we can open our mouths and be a voice💙
I have been heartbroken as I read the news stories, watched the videos & tried to take in everything that is happening in our country. While I may not know how it feels, I do know that I can make the choice to use my platform to speak up. I hope more people use their platform to speak up, even if they can’t find the right words. Here are some actionable things you can do (that I have done & encourage you do to as well) to make a small change today. Let’s all work to be better & a little more kind.✊🏻✊🏽✊🏾
•Continue to educate myself & those around me. (@theconsciouskid & @ckyourprivilege are great starting points on here). I plan on adding these books to my shelf.
-White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
-Me & White Supremacy by Layla Saad
-How We Fight For Our Lives by Saeed Jones
-How to Be an Anti-Racist by Ibram Kendi
•Lend a voice to those who need it
•Challenge myself to be uncomfortable
•Text Floyd to 55156
•Donate to organizations who are already doing the work
  • I’ll take all things bright & colorful, please! 💕 daydreaming about the day when I have somewhere to go so I can wear these pieces! 🙌🏻 sharing this roundup of spring finds today on lifewithemilyblog.com OR you can shop it at the link in bio + @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2PCh6 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKspring #springfinds #warmweather #springstyles
  • 3️⃣2️⃣ looks good on you, @nick_wilkinson1! 🎉 happy birthday my love! I love you more than you know! I’m so grateful for the life we have built together & I’m thankful to be by your side through it all. I can’t wait to celebrate another year of you & watch you become a dad in a few short months! 👶🏻 cheers to another year of memories together! 💙#happybirthday #32ndbirthday #birthdayboy
  • Another rainy day ☔️ wishing for warmer days + being able to get dressed up to head out! But instead we’re curled up on the couch and are having a crock pot meal tonight... not mad about it! 💙 This maxi dress is so stunning in person & is so comfortable! Can’t wait to wear it out again! Shop everything here (earrings are $8, dress fits oversized I’m in an XS) http://liketk.it/2PgfP @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKspring  #fpxme #freepeople
  • Anyone else been tinkering with spaces around their house during quarantine?! 🙋🏼‍♀️I know I sure have! I have been using a mix of what I already own & what I have picked up from @kirklands (buy online, curbside pick up is a game changer!) to switch up spaces! 🙌🏻Best part is, I was able to refresh this space using only 4 items all for under $100! It's so easy to change out a few pieces to give a totally different look. [ad] shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2OYgA #LTKhome
#refresh4less #kirklandsinsiders #kirklandsfinds #kirklandshappiness