Anyways, if you are still here after all of that then I applaud you! I would love to know some things about you, my readers, in the comments! If there is anything you want to see more of on Life With Emily please let me know what as well! Have a great weekend, y’all.
Cheers to Friday, people! This week felt like it lasted forever. Needless to say, I am glad it is Friday! This weekend I don’t have any plans for once and I am totally ok with that. It has been a while since I did a more personal post, so I thought today I would share ten things about me, for both new and old readers. For the most part I keep my blog content style related, but my blog name is Life With Emily after all…so let’s get started, shall we?
1. I started this blog as a hobby in college. For those of you that are new around here, you may not know this. I originally started my blog as an outlet to write and document my college life. Back in 2010/2011 there were not many “style” bloggers and that was certainly not the norm. This blog was a good way for my family to keep up with what I was doing and for me to connect with college aged girls, like myself, across the country. Once I graduated college, I transitioned my blog into more about my personal style because let’s be honest working a 9-5 job is not worth documenting!
2. I am a full-time blogger & social media manager. Never once when I started Life With Emily did I think this would be something that I would continue for five years, let alone be something that would turn into a full-time job for me. About eight months ago I made the transition into full-time blogging and I have really enjoyed devoting my time more to this blog and continuing to learn the business of blogging. It’s not always easy and there have been a lot of trial and error, break downs, and bad days, but at the end of the day I thoroughly enjoy what I do and I have you all to thank for that. I also handle the social media channels for a few local companies, which I love doing as well!
3. I am the pickiest eater. Ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you this. I am so picky when it comes to food. It took me the longest time to eat steak. And I cannot stand salads. Oh and my food can’t touch…it totally freaks me out! My eating habits have become a running joke in my family and I never hear the end of it when we are at a restaurant!
4. I am dating my high school sweetheart. If you follow me on snapchat (enh410) you may have seen a new guy pop up in my snaps lately. Well, funny enough he’s not a new guy at all! He is actually my “high school sweetheart.” We dated for six years through high school and college and reconnected a few months ago (when we ran into each other at the tailor.) I never really believed in fate, but I don’t think there’s any denying it after that run in! It has been so fun getting to “date” again and make new memories as adults. I am very happy to say the least.
5. I am a huge talker. Y’all I will never meet a stranger. I love to talk and I get that from both my mom and my dad. Get us all together and we just won’t shut up! Because of this I am just a very social person. Fun fact: Every single year on my report card since kindergarten I have had a note in the comments section that read “great student, but talks too much.”
6. I love to read. My mom has always been a really big reader, so naturally I followed in her footsteps. I have a book with my almost everywhere I go and usually I am reading more than one (one actual book and one on my iPad). I have a huge bookcase in my apartment filled with books. If you have any recommendations, please send them my way. I would love that! And if you’re looking for any book recs feel free to email me (email@example.com) and I can send some to you.
7. I am a pretty sarcastic person. I love to joke around and I am not a serious person at all. I have a dry sense of humor and not everyone gets that at first. And not everyone appreciates that, but that’s ok too!
8. Chapstick and Mascara are my two “must have” items. I cannot go without these two items. Last week during our #bloggersdofolly trip we were randomly talking about what we would take if we could only have one item with us and without hesitation I immediately said “my chapstick.” It’s totally irrational BUT my lips can’t go without it.
9. I am very close with my family. Before I branched out into full-time blogging I worked for my mom and stepdad’s company. We live about 10 minutes away from each other, so I get to see them and my sisters a lot. My dad, stepmom, and brother live two hours away, which is still not far! All of my family members have a good relationship. This past father’s day my entire family (mom, stepdad, dad, stepmom, two sisters, and my brother) all stayed under one roof at our beach house and it was so fun! Not many blended families would be able to do that, but I was so lucky to be able to have everyone together and to enjoy themselves!
10. I cannot stand for my nails to be chipped. I paint my nails about once a week. It’s weirdly therapeutic for me to do but I am also a freak about them chipping. If they chip even slightly then I am peeling all of my nail polish off. I know, I know…I could easily get gel nails, but I hate the way they affect my nails! So instead I just paint my nails every week haha. Random. Pointless. Whatever.