My 101 in 1001 List

Happy Monday, lovelies! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Nick and I spent the weekend in Charlotte for a housewarming & birthday party for our friends from college. It was so fun catching up with old friends!
I’m sure you have seen the 101 in 1001 lists on other blogs before, but in case you haven’t, the premise is to come up with 101 things (whether it be personal, financial, professional, etc) and accomplish them in 1001 days (roughly 2.75 years).  After some thinking I decided to come up with my own 101 in 1001 list and share it on my blog with you all. It’s a great way to share my goals (and updates!) while also staying accountable.
 I officially created and started it on November 1, 2015, so my end date will be July 29, 2018. Below are my personal, blog, travel, family/friend/relationship, and just for fun goal that I hope to accomplish over the next 1001 days (which will put me at 28 years old!) I think this list will be a great way to get a glimpse into my life beyond this blog. I look forward to updating you each month with my progress!

Start Date: November 1, 2015
End Date: July 29, 2018

Personal
1. Come up with 101 things and write them down (completed November 1, 2015)
2. Read at least 50 new books
3. Unplug for 5 weekends (no phone, iPad, computer)
4. Buy new furniture for my bedroom
5. Take a staycation
6. Create a budget & savings plan…and stick to it
7. Keep a consistent work out schedule
8. Go one month without shopping
9. Pay for the person’s order behind me at Starbuck’s
10. Vote in a non-presidental election (completed November 3, 2015)
11. Watch 5 documentaries
12. Run a 5K
13. Go through my closet & donate all of the items I do not wear
14. Start a recipe book
15. Have at least 5 “go-to” dinner meals
16. Try Blue Apron or Plated
17. Try to eat more healthy meals and snacks
18. Buy a Nespresso machine….and go to Starbucks less
19. Leave a 100% tip for great service
20. Join a local professional organization/group
21. Attend at least two of my brother’s college soccer games, and my two sisters’ volleyball games
22. Find a skincare regimen that works for me
23. Invest in a nice handbag
24. Attend my 10 year high school reunion
25. Try a juice cleanse
26. Buy a nice piece of jewelry for accomplishing these items
27. Write a letter to myself to open on July 29, 2018 when my 101 in 1001 is over
28. Save $10 for every item crossed off of this list ($20 saved so far!)

Blog/Professional
29. Make the switch to WordPress
30. Re-brand & re-design my site
31. Grow my instagram following to 100k
32. Connect with more bloggers “in real life”
33. Attend at least 3 blogger conferences
34. Upgrade my DSLR camera
35. Buy a new lens
36. Double my page views on my blog
37. Create a blog series
38. Learn how to make & edit videos
39. Create a Youtube channel…and keep it up!
40. Do a home tour on my blog
41. Be featured in a magazine
42. Write at least one personal post a month
43. Buy an iMac for my office
44. Plan a trip with my blogger friends
45. Attend New York Fashion Week
46. Create a new media kit & business cards (myself)
47. Work with a favorite brand that I have yet to work with
48. Launch a city guide
49. Publish 3 “how to” posts
50. Start a newsletter
51. Establish (and stick to) an editorial calendar

Travel
52. Take a trip with girlfriends
53. visit a US city I have never been to
54. Take a spontaneous road trip
55. Go on a romantic getaway (completed November 13-15, 2015)
56. Travel to a new country

72. Surprise Nick with a planned date night
73. Mail 10 snail mail letters to friends or family
74. Get a dog
75. Host a holiday party
76. Send out Christmas cards
77. Mail packages to my 3 siblings
78. Send flowers to my mom “out of the blue”
79. Give 5 “just because” presents
80. Tell those who mean a lot to me that I love them more
81. Have a brother & sisters date with each of my siblings…my treat

Just For Fun
82. Take a photography class
83. Go to 5 concerts
84. Go to an amusement park
85. See a community production or play
86. See another Dave Matthews Band concert with Nick
87. Go to a yoga class
88. Refinish a piece of furniture
89. Get a facial
90. Have a couples spa day
91. Go paddle boarding (again!)
92. Try 5 new restaurants in my city
93. Go wine tasting
94. Watch the sunrise
95. Start & finish a Netflix series
96. Go to a college football game
97. Go to a NFL game
98. Take a cooking class
99. Go ice skating
100. Go to a wine & design class
101. Inspire someone to make a 101 in 1001 list

What are your goals? If you create a 101 in 1001 list I would love for you to share the link with me below in the comments!

1. Hanna Lei wrote:

Love your goals! I might have to do this myself. –Hanna Lei

• Emily wrote:

Thank you! Send me the link if you do!

Posted 11.9.15 Reply
  2. Emily, so wonderful to read your 101 in 1001 list! Great way to stay accountable and achieve your goals…good luck!

• Emily wrote:

Thanks, Alyssa! I thought so too!

3. Kendal wrote:

I love your list!! I made my own list a couple months ago, here it is: http://www.lifewithkendal.com/101-things-in-1001-days/
    Can't wait to see your progress!!

Kendal // Life With Kendal

• Emily wrote:

Great list, Kendal! I'm so glad I decided to make one. I can't wait to share my progress. Good luck to you with yours as well 🙂

Posted 11.9.15 Reply
  4. how did i NOT know about this. Doing it now!!

xx,
    Lauren
    FashionablyLo

• Emily wrote:

So cool, right?! Good luck coming up with your list, Lauren! (It was a little harder than I thought it would be haha)

5. Rachel F wrote:

You can cross off #101 because you just inspired me to do the same! Thanks! Great list! Good luck reaching your goals!

• Emily wrote:

Yay!! Send me a link once you post yours! Good luck with your 101 list! 🙂

6. I absolutely love the list you created! NYFW is on my bucket list, as well 🙂

XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

• Emily wrote:

Thank you! Maybe we will see each other there 🙂

Posted 11.9.15 Reply
  7. These are all wonderful things to accomplish! I wish you the best of luck. I am inspired to write my own list. XO, Ellese

Rock.Paper.Glam.

Posted 11.10.15 Reply
  8. kelsey wrote:

Starting one of these lists, once I finally think of 101 things I want to complete. So far at 40, so much harder than I thought it would be. Figured I might cheat a little bit and make my official start date once I have written down everything. Good luck on your list, can't wait to see how you progress. Hopefully you will keep me inspired to keep up with mine!

Posted 11.10.15 Reply
  9. What a great list – and inspiration to write my own x

Posted 11.10.15 Reply
  10. I love this idea. Very well done!

Posted 11.16.15 Reply
  11. Sarah wrote:

This is fab! I’m doing a list and so interesting to see what people have put

Did you manage much of it? Can’t see conclusion

Posted 1.13.19 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly