My 101 in 1001 List

Happy Monday, lovelies! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Nick and I spent the weekend in Charlotte for a housewarming & birthday party for our friends from college. It was so fun catching up with old friends!
I’m sure you have seen the 101 in 1001 lists on other blogs before, but in case you haven’t, the premise is to come up with 101 things (whether it be personal, financial, professional, etc) and accomplish them in 1001 days (roughly 2.75 years).  After some thinking I decided to come up with my own 101 in 1001 list and share it on my blog with you all. It’s a great way to share my goals (and updates!) while also staying accountable.
 I officially created and started it on November 1, 2015, so my end date will be July 29, 2018. Below are my personal, blog, travel, family/friend/relationship, and just for fun goal that I hope to accomplish over the next 1001 days (which will put me at 28 years old!) I think this list will be a great way to get a glimpse into my life beyond this blog. I look forward to updating you each month with my progress!

Start Date: November 1, 2015
End Date: July 29, 2018

Personal
1. Come up with 101 things and write them down (completed November 1, 2015)
2. Read at least 50 new books
3. Unplug for 5 weekends (no phone, iPad, computer)
4. Buy new furniture for my bedroom
5. Take a staycation
6. Create a budget & savings plan…and stick to it
7. Keep a consistent work out schedule
8. Go one month without shopping
9. Pay for the person’s order behind me at Starbuck’s
10. Vote in a non-presidental election (completed November 3, 2015)
11. Watch 5 documentaries
12. Run a 5K
13. Go through my closet & donate all of the items I do not wear
14. Start a recipe book
15. Have at least 5 “go-to” dinner meals
16. Try Blue Apron or Plated
17. Try to eat more healthy meals and snacks
18. Buy a Nespresso machine….and go to Starbucks less
19. Leave a 100% tip for great service
20. Join a local professional organization/group
21. Attend at least two of my brother’s college soccer games, and my two sisters’ volleyball games
22. Find a skincare regimen that works for me
23. Invest in a nice handbag
24. Attend my 10 year high school reunion
25. Try a juice cleanse
26. Buy a nice piece of jewelry for accomplishing these items
27. Write a letter to myself to open on July 29, 2018 when my 101 in 1001 is over
28. Save $10 for every item crossed off of this list ($20 saved so far!)

Blog/Professional
29. Make the switch to WordPress
30. Re-brand & re-design my site
31. Grow my instagram following to 100k
32. Connect with more bloggers “in real life”
33. Attend at least 3 blogger conferences
34. Upgrade my DSLR camera
35. Buy a new lens
36. Double my page views on my blog
37. Create a blog series
38. Learn how to make & edit videos
39. Create a Youtube channel…and keep it up!
40. Do a home tour on my blog
41. Be featured in a magazine
42. Write at least one personal post a month
43. Buy an iMac for my office
44. Plan a trip with my blogger friends
45. Attend New York Fashion Week
46. Create a new media kit & business cards (myself)
47. Work with a favorite brand that I have yet to work with
48. Launch a city guide
49. Publish 3 “how to” posts
50. Start a newsletter
51. Establish (and stick to) an editorial calendar

Travel
52. Take a trip with girlfriends
53. visit a US city I have never been to
54. Take a spontaneous road trip
55. Go on a romantic getaway (completed November 13-15, 2015)
56. Travel to a new country

72. Surprise Nick with a planned date night
73. Mail 10 snail mail letters to friends or family
74. Get a dog
75. Host a holiday party
76. Send out Christmas cards
77. Mail packages to my 3 siblings
78. Send flowers to my mom “out of the blue”
79. Give 5 “just because” presents
80. Tell those who mean a lot to me that I love them more
81. Have a brother & sisters date with each of my siblings…my treat

Just For Fun
82. Take a photography class
83. Go to 5 concerts
84. Go to an amusement park
85. See a community production or play
86. See another Dave Matthews Band concert with Nick
87. Go to a yoga class
88. Refinish a piece of furniture
89. Get a facial
90. Have a couples spa day
91. Go paddle boarding (again!)
92. Try 5 new restaurants in my city
93. Go wine tasting
94. Watch the sunrise
95. Start & finish a Netflix series
96. Go to a college football game
97. Go to a NFL game
98. Take a cooking class
99. Go ice skating
100. Go to a wine & design class
101. Inspire someone to make a 101 in 1001 list

What are your goals? If you create a 101 in 1001 list I would love for you to share the link with me below in the comments!

1. Hanna Lei wrote:

Love your goals! I might have to do this myself. –Hanna Lei

• Emily wrote:

Thank you! Send me the link if you do!

Posted 11.9.15 Reply
  2. Emily, so wonderful to read your 101 in 1001 list! Great way to stay accountable and achieve your goals…good luck!

• Emily wrote:

Thanks, Alyssa! I thought so too!

3. Kendal wrote:

I love your list!! I made my own list a couple months ago, here it is: http://www.lifewithkendal.com/101-things-in-1001-days/
    Can't wait to see your progress!!

Kendal // Life With Kendal

• Emily wrote:

Great list, Kendal! I'm so glad I decided to make one. I can't wait to share my progress. Good luck to you with yours as well 🙂

Posted 11.9.15 Reply
  4. how did i NOT know about this. Doing it now!!

xx,
    Lauren
    FashionablyLo

• Emily wrote:

So cool, right?! Good luck coming up with your list, Lauren! (It was a little harder than I thought it would be haha)

5. Rachel F wrote:

You can cross off #101 because you just inspired me to do the same! Thanks! Great list! Good luck reaching your goals!

• Emily wrote:

Yay!! Send me a link once you post yours! Good luck with your 101 list! 🙂

6. I absolutely love the list you created! NYFW is on my bucket list, as well 🙂

XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

• Emily wrote:

Thank you! Maybe we will see each other there 🙂

Posted 11.9.15 Reply
  7. These are all wonderful things to accomplish! I wish you the best of luck. I am inspired to write my own list. XO, Ellese

Rock.Paper.Glam.

Posted 11.10.15 Reply
  8. kelsey wrote:

Starting one of these lists, once I finally think of 101 things I want to complete. So far at 40, so much harder than I thought it would be. Figured I might cheat a little bit and make my official start date once I have written down everything. Good luck on your list, can't wait to see how you progress. Hopefully you will keep me inspired to keep up with mine!

Posted 11.10.15 Reply
  9. What a great list – and inspiration to write my own x

Posted 11.10.15 Reply
  10. I love this idea. Very well done!

Posted 11.16.15 Reply
  11. Sarah wrote:

This is fab! I’m doing a list and so interesting to see what people have put

Did you manage much of it? Can’t see conclusion

Posted 1.13.19 Reply

• Happy Friday, y'all! We are getting a peek of fall here (before it goes back to high 80s...ugh!) and I'm taking full advantage by pulling out some of my pre-fall items, like these @sofftshoes booties from @zappos, this cozy thermal & my new fall bag! 🙌🏻 These Tilton booties are the perfect taupe color & are extremely comfortable, making them perfect for long-day wear. Hope you have a great weekend! 💙 I'm off to enjoy this weather while it lasts! Outfit details at the link in bio [ad] #gotitonzappos #perfectlysofft #falloutfits #falloutfit
  • Chatting all about my favorite places to order personalized items, whether it’s a gift for you, a bridal party or for the holidays! 💙 I recently discovered @stoneyclover & it’s safe to say I’m obsessed with all the fun pouches & personalized patches! These would be fun bridal or bachelorette gifts! 🙌🏻 Shop my favorites here: http://liketk.it/2F0ar @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKitbag #stoneycloverlane #stoneyclover #madewell
  • Back in business 🙌🏻 I *finally* feel like a human again after getting my computer back from Apple after a week away! 💻 You never realize just how much you rely on your computer until you are without it! I spent the week going totally stir crazy - but I DID get quite a bit of reading in 😂 now it’s time to play catch up! 👩🏼‍💻 hope y’all are having a great week! 💙http://liketk.it/2EQYT #riflepaperco #airpods
  • It's a rainy day here, so it’s a good day to curl up with a good book! 💙📚If you're looking for a book to add to your list, make it #AmericanRoyals that's out *now* 🙌🏻 If you're a fan of anything royal-related, you're sure to love it! 👸🏻It's an unputdownable books that's the perfect mix of gossip girl meets royalty - including scandals and family drama all wrapped into one book! Link in my IG stories to order! @getunderlined @katharinemcgee #enwreads #bookreview #getunderlined [ad]
  • It’s hard to believe it’s already September & summer is coming to an end 💙 I’m sharing my most-worn summer items on lifewithemilyblog.com, including all the pieces in the pic! Shop this look at the link in bio http://liketk.it/2EGou @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKitbag #carryyourday #everydaymadewell  #agolde
  • Cheers to a new (short) week! 🎉 Hope y’all had a great Labor Day weekend! 💙 We did lots of work around the house (thanks to the huge help of my dad!) & we got around to painting our front door today - see IG stories for the final result! 🚪🥰🏡 shop this look at the link in bio - http://liketk.it/2EDgL @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder50 #ltkunder100 #madewell #stevemadden #ltkshoecrush