101 in 1001 list update no. 1

Hi everyone, how has your first week of 2016 been so far? Overall mine has been pretty good aside from a major computer issue I have had! I had grand plans of getting a lot done at Starbucks on Monday morning and that quickly came to an end around 2:00pm when I had my computer freeze up and not turn on. Luckily the Genius Bar is filled with amazing tech savvy people and they are putting a new hard drive in my computer. Not exactly how I wanted to start my week off, but I will be happy when I have my (healthy) computer back haha. I have a few fun posts coming up (that were planned for yesterday and today) so be on the lookout next week for them.

I wanted to share my update on my 101 in 1001 list with you all! Even though it’s only been a few months, I have been able to accomplish a lot on this list. I am looking forward to continuing to check items off of this list! If you start a 101 in 1001 list I would love for you to share it in the comments below! 🙂

Start Date: November 1, 2015
End Date: July 29, 2018

Personal
1. Come up with 101 things and write them down (completed November 1, 2015)
2. Read at least 50 new books (in process 3/50: See Me by Nicholas Sparks, Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand, Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline)
4. Buy new furniture for my bedroom (in process: be on the lookout for a bedroom tour soon!)
10. Vote in a non-presidental election (completed November 3, 2015)
11. Watch 5 documentaries (in process 1/5: Making a Murderer on Netflix)
13. Go through my closet & donate all of the items I do not wear (completed December 16, 2015. Took 6 bags to Goodwill)
14. Start a recipe book  (completed November 12, 2015)
18. Buy a Nespresso machine….and go to Starbucks less (completed December 25, 2015. I got a Nespresso for Christmas!)
28. Save $10 for every item crossed off of this list (in process $150 saved so far!)

Blog/Professional
29. Make the switch to WordPress (completed January 1, 2016)
30. Re-brand & re-design my site (completed January 1, 2016)
35. Buy a new lens  (completed December 23, 2015. I got an 85mm lens. My next lens purchase will be a 35mm)
42. Write at least one personal post a month (in process: (Jan ’16): Shared my personal goals for 2016)

Travel
55. Go on a romantic getaway (completed November 13-15, 2015: our Blowing Rock, NC trip)
57. Travel to a new state (completed November 19, 2015: trip to Ohio)

Family, Friends & Relationships
76. Send out Christmas cards  (completed January 3, 2016: I am sending out Happy New Year cards instead!)

Just For Fun
83. Go to 5 concerts (in process 1/5: Avett Brothers 12/31/15)
85. See a community production or play  (completed December 16, 2015: Nutcracker play put on by UNCSA)
95. Start & finish a Netflix series  (completed January 2, 2016: Making a Murderer)
96. Go to a college football game  (completed November 21, 2015: Ohio State vs. Michigan State)
101. Inspire someone to make a 101 in 1001 list  (completed November 10, 2015)

1. Morgan wrote:

Instead of new years resolutions this year, I started my 101 in 1001 challenge! See the post here: http://how2wearit.com/2016/01/05/101-in-1001/

So impressed with what you have completed so far

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Yay! So happy you decided to do the 101 in 1001 list! I can’t wait to read yours 🙂

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  2. Lucy O'Connor wrote:

You’ve got a great list here & you’re quickly going through it – nice one! I started a 101 in 1001 last year too, you can find it here: http://www.lucylovestosparkle.com/101-in-1001/

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  3. Caley wrote:

You have inspired me to start my own list – thank you friend x

Posted 1.8.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Yay! You’ll have to send me the link if you decide to post it! 🙂

Posted 1.9.16 Reply
  4. Zelle wrote:

Definitely decided to update my list thanks to this! Love your 101 things!

Posted 1.11.16 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50