101 in 1001 list update no. 1

Hi everyone, how has your first week of 2016 been so far? Overall mine has been pretty good aside from a major computer issue I have had! I had grand plans of getting a lot done at Starbucks on Monday morning and that quickly came to an end around 2:00pm when I had my computer freeze up and not turn on. Luckily the Genius Bar is filled with amazing tech savvy people and they are putting a new hard drive in my computer. Not exactly how I wanted to start my week off, but I will be happy when I have my (healthy) computer back haha. I have a few fun posts coming up (that were planned for yesterday and today) so be on the lookout next week for them.

I wanted to share my update on my 101 in 1001 list with you all! Even though it’s only been a few months, I have been able to accomplish a lot on this list. I am looking forward to continuing to check items off of this list! If you start a 101 in 1001 list I would love for you to share it in the comments below! 🙂

Start Date: November 1, 2015
End Date: July 29, 2018

Personal
1. Come up with 101 things and write them down (completed November 1, 2015)
2. Read at least 50 new books (in process 3/50: See Me by Nicholas Sparks, Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand, Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline)
4. Buy new furniture for my bedroom (in process: be on the lookout for a bedroom tour soon!)
10. Vote in a non-presidental election (completed November 3, 2015)
11. Watch 5 documentaries (in process 1/5: Making a Murderer on Netflix)
13. Go through my closet & donate all of the items I do not wear (completed December 16, 2015. Took 6 bags to Goodwill)
14. Start a recipe book  (completed November 12, 2015)
18. Buy a Nespresso machine….and go to Starbucks less (completed December 25, 2015. I got a Nespresso for Christmas!)
28. Save $10 for every item crossed off of this list (in process $150 saved so far!)

Blog/Professional
29. Make the switch to WordPress (completed January 1, 2016)
30. Re-brand & re-design my site (completed January 1, 2016)
35. Buy a new lens  (completed December 23, 2015. I got an 85mm lens. My next lens purchase will be a 35mm)
42. Write at least one personal post a month (in process: (Jan ’16): Shared my personal goals for 2016)

Travel
55. Go on a romantic getaway (completed November 13-15, 2015: our Blowing Rock, NC trip)
57. Travel to a new state (completed November 19, 2015: trip to Ohio)

Family, Friends & Relationships
76. Send out Christmas cards  (completed January 3, 2016: I am sending out Happy New Year cards instead!)

Just For Fun
83. Go to 5 concerts (in process 1/5: Avett Brothers 12/31/15)
85. See a community production or play  (completed December 16, 2015: Nutcracker play put on by UNCSA)
95. Start & finish a Netflix series  (completed January 2, 2016: Making a Murderer)
96. Go to a college football game  (completed November 21, 2015: Ohio State vs. Michigan State)
101. Inspire someone to make a 101 in 1001 list  (completed November 10, 2015)

1. Morgan wrote:

Instead of new years resolutions this year, I started my 101 in 1001 challenge! See the post here: http://how2wearit.com/2016/01/05/101-in-1001/

So impressed with what you have completed so far

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Yay! So happy you decided to do the 101 in 1001 list! I can’t wait to read yours 🙂

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  2. Lucy O'Connor wrote:

You’ve got a great list here & you’re quickly going through it – nice one! I started a 101 in 1001 last year too, you can find it here: http://www.lucylovestosparkle.com/101-in-1001/

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  3. Caley wrote:

You have inspired me to start my own list – thank you friend x

Posted 1.8.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Yay! You’ll have to send me the link if you decide to post it! 🙂

Posted 1.9.16 Reply
  4. Zelle wrote:

Definitely decided to update my list thanks to this! Love your 101 things!

Posted 1.11.16 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly