101 in 1001 list update no. 1

Hi everyone, how has your first week of 2016 been so far? Overall mine has been pretty good aside from a major computer issue I have had! I had grand plans of getting a lot done at Starbucks on Monday morning and that quickly came to an end around 2:00pm when I had my computer freeze up and not turn on. Luckily the Genius Bar is filled with amazing tech savvy people and they are putting a new hard drive in my computer. Not exactly how I wanted to start my week off, but I will be happy when I have my (healthy) computer back haha. I have a few fun posts coming up (that were planned for yesterday and today) so be on the lookout next week for them.

I wanted to share my update on my 101 in 1001 list with you all! Even though it’s only been a few months, I have been able to accomplish a lot on this list. I am looking forward to continuing to check items off of this list! If you start a 101 in 1001 list I would love for you to share it in the comments below! 🙂

Start Date: November 1, 2015
End Date: July 29, 2018

Personal
1. Come up with 101 things and write them down (completed November 1, 2015)
2. Read at least 50 new books (in process 3/50: See Me by Nicholas Sparks, Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand, Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline)
4. Buy new furniture for my bedroom (in process: be on the lookout for a bedroom tour soon!)
10. Vote in a non-presidental election (completed November 3, 2015)
11. Watch 5 documentaries (in process 1/5: Making a Murderer on Netflix)
13. Go through my closet & donate all of the items I do not wear (completed December 16, 2015. Took 6 bags to Goodwill)
14. Start a recipe book  (completed November 12, 2015)
18. Buy a Nespresso machine….and go to Starbucks less (completed December 25, 2015. I got a Nespresso for Christmas!)
28. Save $10 for every item crossed off of this list (in process $150 saved so far!)

Blog/Professional
29. Make the switch to WordPress (completed January 1, 2016)
30. Re-brand & re-design my site (completed January 1, 2016)
35. Buy a new lens  (completed December 23, 2015. I got an 85mm lens. My next lens purchase will be a 35mm)
42. Write at least one personal post a month (in process: (Jan ’16): Shared my personal goals for 2016)

Travel
55. Go on a romantic getaway (completed November 13-15, 2015: our Blowing Rock, NC trip)
57. Travel to a new state (completed November 19, 2015: trip to Ohio)

Family, Friends & Relationships
76. Send out Christmas cards  (completed January 3, 2016: I am sending out Happy New Year cards instead!)

Just For Fun
83. Go to 5 concerts (in process 1/5: Avett Brothers 12/31/15)
85. See a community production or play  (completed December 16, 2015: Nutcracker play put on by UNCSA)
95. Start & finish a Netflix series  (completed January 2, 2016: Making a Murderer)
96. Go to a college football game  (completed November 21, 2015: Ohio State vs. Michigan State)
101. Inspire someone to make a 101 in 1001 list  (completed November 10, 2015)

1. Morgan wrote:

Instead of new years resolutions this year, I started my 101 in 1001 challenge! See the post here: http://how2wearit.com/2016/01/05/101-in-1001/

So impressed with what you have completed so far

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Yay! So happy you decided to do the 101 in 1001 list! I can’t wait to read yours 🙂

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  2. Lucy O'Connor wrote:

You’ve got a great list here & you’re quickly going through it – nice one! I started a 101 in 1001 last year too, you can find it here: http://www.lucylovestosparkle.com/101-in-1001/

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  3. Caley wrote:

You have inspired me to start my own list – thank you friend x

Posted 1.8.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Yay! You’ll have to send me the link if you decide to post it! 🙂

Posted 1.9.16 Reply
  4. Zelle wrote:

Definitely decided to update my list thanks to this! Love your 101 things!

Posted 1.11.16 Reply

• Today’s plan: soak up some ☀️ & get a bit more reading in before it’s time to head back home! 📚 Just started #theperfectgirlfriend and I’m already hooked! #enwreads Get all details here or in the @liketoknow.it app (I linked the book too!) http://liketk.it/2B9iy #liketkit #enwexplores #bookstagram
  • Being at the beach means it’s acceptable to eat oysters every night at happy hour, right?! #askingforafriend🙈 off to grab dinner & drinks with my love! Outfit details at the link in bio or in @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2B8Ie #liketkit #LTKsalealert #LTKunder50 #enwexplores
  • Weekend, we’re ready for ya! 🙌🏻we’re spending the weekend at my parent’s beach house & I couldn’t be happier about it! 👙🌴🌊 I plan on spending time by the pool reading, hanging in the jacuzzi & taking walks on the beach 🙌🏻 shop this look at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app (username emilynwilkinson) http://liketk.it/2B7dF #liketkit #enwexplores #charleston #toyotarav4 #rav4 #barringtongifts
  • It’s #nationalpetday and I’ll take any excuse to share pics of my sweet Charlie 💙 everyday is national Charlie day in our household 😹 Adopting Charlie 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. At the time I wasn’t a cat lady, but this little fatty has made me the craziest cat lady & I cannot imagine our lives without him!
Last month I had the pleasure of working with @localtoyotadealers on a campaign and we ended up donating $1000 to the Humane Society @hspiedmont in hopes of helping all the kitties & puppies get the help they need and find a furever home 💙#charliekittybaby #adoptdontshop #sogso #humanesociety
  • Cheers to 29 & the last year of my 20s! 🎉🥳🎈Looking forward to another year of fun, traveling & making a lot of memories! Chatting about my honest thoughts on getting older and sharing the things I want to do in my last year of my 20s today on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 feeling thankful to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends & family! #cheersto29 #happybirthday
  • Last night of bein’ 28! 🥳Off to dinner @1618seafoodgrille with my fam before I turn 29!
My top, sunglasses, earrings, bag & shoes are 20-25% off! Shop everything here http://liketk.it/2B2Ma @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkunder100