101 in 1001 list update no. 1

Hi everyone, how has your first week of 2016 been so far? Overall mine has been pretty good aside from a major computer issue I have had! I had grand plans of getting a lot done at Starbucks on Monday morning and that quickly came to an end around 2:00pm when I had my computer freeze up and not turn on. Luckily the Genius Bar is filled with amazing tech savvy people and they are putting a new hard drive in my computer. Not exactly how I wanted to start my week off, but I will be happy when I have my (healthy) computer back haha. I have a few fun posts coming up (that were planned for yesterday and today) so be on the lookout next week for them.

I wanted to share my update on my 101 in 1001 list with you all! Even though it’s only been a few months, I have been able to accomplish a lot on this list. I am looking forward to continuing to check items off of this list! If you start a 101 in 1001 list I would love for you to share it in the comments below! 🙂

Start Date: November 1, 2015
End Date: July 29, 2018

Personal
1. Come up with 101 things and write them down (completed November 1, 2015)
2. Read at least 50 new books (in process 3/50: See Me by Nicholas Sparks, Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand, Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline)
4. Buy new furniture for my bedroom (in process: be on the lookout for a bedroom tour soon!)
10. Vote in a non-presidental election (completed November 3, 2015)
11. Watch 5 documentaries (in process 1/5: Making a Murderer on Netflix)
13. Go through my closet & donate all of the items I do not wear (completed December 16, 2015. Took 6 bags to Goodwill)
14. Start a recipe book  (completed November 12, 2015)
18. Buy a Nespresso machine….and go to Starbucks less (completed December 25, 2015. I got a Nespresso for Christmas!)
28. Save $10 for every item crossed off of this list (in process $150 saved so far!)

Blog/Professional
29. Make the switch to WordPress (completed January 1, 2016)
30. Re-brand & re-design my site (completed January 1, 2016)
35. Buy a new lens  (completed December 23, 2015. I got an 85mm lens. My next lens purchase will be a 35mm)
42. Write at least one personal post a month (in process: (Jan ’16): Shared my personal goals for 2016)

Travel
55. Go on a romantic getaway (completed November 13-15, 2015: our Blowing Rock, NC trip)
57. Travel to a new state (completed November 19, 2015: trip to Ohio)

Family, Friends & Relationships
76. Send out Christmas cards  (completed January 3, 2016: I am sending out Happy New Year cards instead!)

Just For Fun
83. Go to 5 concerts (in process 1/5: Avett Brothers 12/31/15)
85. See a community production or play  (completed December 16, 2015: Nutcracker play put on by UNCSA)
95. Start & finish a Netflix series  (completed January 2, 2016: Making a Murderer)
96. Go to a college football game  (completed November 21, 2015: Ohio State vs. Michigan State)
101. Inspire someone to make a 101 in 1001 list  (completed November 10, 2015)

1. Morgan wrote:

Instead of new years resolutions this year, I started my 101 in 1001 challenge! See the post here: http://how2wearit.com/2016/01/05/101-in-1001/

So impressed with what you have completed so far

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Yay! So happy you decided to do the 101 in 1001 list! I can’t wait to read yours 🙂

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  2. Lucy O'Connor wrote:

You’ve got a great list here & you’re quickly going through it – nice one! I started a 101 in 1001 last year too, you can find it here: http://www.lucylovestosparkle.com/101-in-1001/

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  3. Caley wrote:

You have inspired me to start my own list – thank you friend x

Posted 1.8.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Yay! You’ll have to send me the link if you decide to post it! 🙂

Posted 1.9.16 Reply
  4. Zelle wrote:

Definitely decided to update my list thanks to this! Love your 101 things!

Posted 1.11.16 Reply

• Happy 31st birthday to my favorite person in the entire world! 🎉🎂🥰 I feel so lucky to have you as my husband & soulmate! Thank you for being you, allowing me to be me & for always making life fun and entertaining!! I am SO excited for this next year (and all the years to come!) and can’t wait to see what this year brings you! Cheers to many more, my love! Love you most 🍾😘 #happybirthday #marriage #enwexplores
  • What’s your go-to TV show to binge?! 📺 I am always a fan of Friends - but some of my favs include Veep, A Million Little Things & Parenthood to name a few! I’m teaming up with @scottiestissues to share all my favorite binge-worthy TV shows whether you need a good cry or you want to laugh til you cry, they’ll have ya covered! #scottiesstyle #scottiescomfort #myscottiesstyle [sponsored]
  • If only every day looked something like this! Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for my Monday!🌴🍹🌊 instead it was spent catching up on emails and work all day! Still dreaming of the beautiful weather on #perfectdayatcococay 🙌🏻 can we go back already, @royalcaribbean?! 🛳 #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas
This swimsuit coverup is $20 and comes in 8 colors! Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app (just search emilynwilkinson)
  • One of my favorite parts about vacation is being able to relax with a good book in hand 📚🙌🏻 The #navigatoroftheseas has so many peaceful areas to relax, unwind & read a few pages - file that under a success! Admittedly, I didn’t read as much as I would have liked (because there was SO much to see & do!) but I’m glad that I got to read @marykayandrews newest book!
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BVxC #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #enwexplores @royalcaribbean #marykayandrews #stmartinspress
  • Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas 🛳 b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! 😊 Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! 🐱#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas 🌊🍹I don’t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand 🙌🏻 this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! 🍾👏🏻
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And I’m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50