Happy first Monday of 2016! I am still getting back into the swing of things after the holidays and today is proving to be pretty rough (anyone else feeling this way?) Today I wanted to share my personal and blogging goals for 2016 as part of my year in review. For the past few years I have shared my goals with you all here on Life With Emily and it has helped me stay accountable and also allowed me to share a bit of my personal life with you (which is sometimes hard to do!)
Below are a few of my personal goals for the year. A lot of my goals are in my 101 in 1001 list, which is also a way of helping my achieve them.
- Be more present | In a world (and a job) that revolves around social media it is so easy to get caught up in my phone, even with I’m with family, friends, or my boyfriend. This year I am determined to put my phone away more when I am with people. It will allow me to be more present with those around me and enjoy my time with them instead of having my head buried in my phone.
- Travel more | I thoroughly enjoy traveling, whether its a few hours away, a few states away, or a different country. This year I want to make more plans to travel and sightsee.
- Work on my time management | I’m not bad at managing my time, but since I work from home it’s easy to get off task. This year I want to work on having a set schedule with both work and play.
- Stay organized & keep my house clean | I’m not always home 24/7 so sometimes my house can become a mess. There are weeks where I am only home a few days and it’s only to unpack from one trip and pack for another. Needless to say that leaves my house a wreck (clothes everywhere….!) and my office unorganized. I want to be better about putting things back in their place that way I don’t end up with a huge mess!
Below are a few of my blogging goals for 2016. The past year brought me so many amazing opportunities, so 2016 has some major shoes to fill. I am looking forward to seeing the growth of Life With Emily and to see what opportunities arise in the next year. I also have a section about blogging in my 101 in 1001 list, so a lot of it is covered there as well!
- Attend 1-3 blog conferences | I am a huge fan of attending blog conferences. It’s a great way to network with brands and bloggers while learning ways to grow your brand.
- Have a set editorial calendar & schedule posts in advance | I have attempted to set an editorial calendar a few times and eventually when I got overwhelmed I would let it fall to the way side….which of course made me more overwhelmed and stressed. This year I want to stick to an editorial calendar and schedule as many posts in advance as I can.
- Reply to emails and blog comments more quickly | Over the holiday I set up folders on my email so everything is more organized & can be answered in the appropriate time. Now that my blog is on WordPress, it’s much easier to reply to comments left on my blog and I have every intention of replying to them all!
- Learn more about WordPress, SEO, my camera, and how to edit videos | In my opinion, there is always something to learn, especially in a world where social media and the Internet are constantly evolving. I want to learn more about all of these things so that my blog and my brand can be the best they can be!
I would love to hear some of your goals for 2016 in the comments below!