Bookshelf Styling with Lulu & Georgia

In yesterday’s post I shared my bedroom tour with you all (I hope you enjoyed it!) I was so excited to share it with you. By re-decorating my room, my bedroom feels more relaxing and it’s a place where I look forward to coming home to at night.

I get a lot of questions about my bookshelf and my favorite books (especially after I posted this photo on my instagram), so I decided to dedicate a whole post to how I styled my new bookshelf and my favorite books!
bookshelf styling with lulu & georgia

When I was first looking at getting a bookshelf for my bedroom, I knew I wanted one that had a lot of space to fill with books! If you didn’t know I am a huge reader. I am the kind of girl who always has a book in my bag, just in case! I immediately loved this one because of the style and the added details, such as the labels. Once I had chosen my bookshelf and assembled it I got to work on styling it.
After spending far too long perusing pinterest for inspiration, I immediately went to Lulu & Georgia to scoop up some essential bookshelf decor. I tried to keep everything within my bedroom aesthetic of light colors with gold and silver accents.  I picked pieces like this gold geo sculpture, this gold and white vase (stacked on my Kate Spade notebooks!), and bookends to complement my bookshelf and the rest of my space. I added in these baskets (from HomeGoods) for added storage.
bookshelf styling 2 bookshelf styling 3
Since I have so many books (this isn’t even half of them!!) I decided to switch up the way I styled them and not place them all together. It’s a great way to make your bookshelf stand out a bit more! Adding decorative objects, like the ones I have adds contrast to each cube. I also couldn’t finish my bookshelf without adding my favorite candle ever to it. It’s the Capri Blue Volcano candle! bookshelf styling 9 bookshelf styling 11bookshelf styling 4
I also get a lot of questions about my favorite books, so I wanted to share a few I have recently read as part of my 101 in 1001 list to read 50 books! I’ll be honest, I’m not going to do any reviews on them as I totally suck at describing a book without giving away all the good details haha! But anyways these are all books I have read recently and recommend! Some are girly “easy” reads and others are suspense. I like reading books that allow me to have a bit of an escape after a crazy day or week.bookshelf styling 5

FAVORITE CURRENT READS
What She Knew
Before I Go To Sleep
Winter Stroll
Winter Street
The Nightingale
Orphan Train
The Good Girl
The Silent Wife

I would love to hear what books you have read & loved! I can always stand to add a few more books to my bookshelf! 😉

1. Katie wrote:

Love love this bookshelf. Is your color the Salt Oak or Scribed Oak? It’s hard to tell by the pics on Wayfair.

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

It’s the Salt Oak! A great color! The other is more wood color, mine is more grey toned. Hope that helped! Xx

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
  2. Sara Kate wrote:

Styling trinkets perfectly on bookshelves make me so happy haha. Love how you did this!

xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
  3. Have you read Me Before You? I finally got around to reading it and I can’t believe I waited so long- it’s phenomenal!! 🙂

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
  4. Rachel wrote:

Styling my bookshelf was one of my favorite parts of decorating my home! Now if only my cats would stop jumping on the shelves and ruining my artful display…

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
  5. You know I always love your book recommendations – totally reading What She Knew next ! It sounds like something I would be all over!

xo Mary-Katherine | http://www.goldhattedlover.com

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
  6. Lauren wrote:

Absolutely love it!! Pinned it for further reference!

Lauren xo // The Right To Remain Fabulous

Posted 3.15.16 Reply
  7. I also read a lot of Elin Hilderbrand, Sophie Kinsella, Jennifer Weiner, Emily Griffin, Kristin Hannah & Nicholas Sparks (of course)! I’ll try What She Knew! BTW, totally what you to try Rodan + Fields since skincare was on your list!!

Posted 3.16.16 Reply
  8. Olivia wrote:

These look so great! I’m about to buy new shelves from Ikea and I’ve been waiting to find enough things to style it with – I will have to check out Lulu & Georgia! I love that you styled them without making them *too* cluttered.

xo
    Olivia
    PrepEssentials

Posted 3.19.16 Reply

• Happy 31st birthday to my favorite person in the entire world! 🎉🎂🥰 I feel so lucky to have you as my husband & soulmate! Thank you for being you, allowing me to be me & for always making life fun and entertaining!! I am SO excited for this next year (and all the years to come!) and can’t wait to see what this year brings you! Cheers to many more, my love! Love you most 🍾😘 #happybirthday #marriage #enwexplores
  • What’s your go-to TV show to binge?! 📺 I am always a fan of Friends - but some of my favs include Veep, A Million Little Things & Parenthood to name a few! I’m teaming up with @scottiestissues to share all my favorite binge-worthy TV shows whether you need a good cry or you want to laugh til you cry, they’ll have ya covered! #scottiesstyle #scottiescomfort #myscottiesstyle [sponsored]
  • If only every day looked something like this! Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for my Monday!🌴🍹🌊 instead it was spent catching up on emails and work all day! Still dreaming of the beautiful weather on #perfectdayatcococay 🙌🏻 can we go back already, @royalcaribbean?! 🛳 #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas
This swimsuit coverup is $20 and comes in 8 colors! Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app (just search emilynwilkinson)
  • One of my favorite parts about vacation is being able to relax with a good book in hand 📚🙌🏻 The #navigatoroftheseas has so many peaceful areas to relax, unwind & read a few pages - file that under a success! Admittedly, I didn’t read as much as I would have liked (because there was SO much to see & do!) but I’m glad that I got to read @marykayandrews newest book!
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BVxC #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #enwexplores @royalcaribbean #marykayandrews #stmartinspress
  • Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas 🛳 b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! 😊 Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! 🐱#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas 🌊🍹I don’t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand 🙌🏻 this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! 🍾👏🏻
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And I’m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50