My Tried-and-True Favorite Mascaras

So, if I’m being completely honest here, I’m a bit of a makeup hoarder. I love trying new products and finding favorites. One of my favorite products to try out is mascara. Mascara is my “go-to” makeup product…if I don’t wear anything else, I swipe on mascara. Since I am blonde, my eyelashes are really light, so using mascara makes me look a bit more awake haha! Today I wanted to share my tried-and-true favorite mascaras. Some are drug store brands while others are a little more pricey…and I can guarantee you they are worth it! So without further adieu, let’s dive into my favorite mascaras….

My tried-and-true favorite mascaras

I have tried my fair share of mascaras over the years, some I have loved and still use to this day, while others I seriously hated and have never used again. I feel like with mascara you kind of know right off the bat if you’re going to like it or not! I have included photos of the brushes as well–since I know most of us base our mascara purchases off of that!the best mascaras 8the best mascaras 2the best mascaras 6

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara | This one is a drug store find so its reasonably priced. I picked it out randomly while I was on a trip where I had forgotten my mascara. Definitely the best drug store purchase I’ve made because I have had this one in rotation for years now. It does a great job at separating the lashes.

Diorshow Mascara (and Primer) | I decided to purchase this after hearing so much hype over how “life changing” this mascara is! I have been using it for a few months now and so far I have been impressed. The primer is one of my favorites that I have tried. I love the brush on this mascara- it makes lashes look so full.

It! Cosmetics Superhero Mascara | This mascara was sent to me a few months ago and I’ve been using it off and on. To me, it’s extremely similar to the Diorshow. Like I said above, I am all about a good brush and this one is fantastic. It fans out my lashes and really gives that wide eyed, voluminous look.

Pür Fully Charged Mascara | If I had to choose from any of these, the Pür fully charged mascara would be my absolute favorite. I love the full brush and this mascara really provides everything you want in a mascara- length, volume, and definition. I also really like that I can use one coat, maybe two, and I’m all set!

the best mascaras 3the best mascaras 4
Juice Beauty Photo-Pigments Mascara | I received this mascara during the rewardStyle conference and was anxious to give it a try, since I had never used any of their makeup products (their skincare products are amazing!) It’s an organic mascara and it leaves lashes separated and full without looking clumpy. When I teach Pure Barre I typically reach for this mascara because it is so natural looking.

bareMinerals Lash Domination Mascara | If you’re looking for the ultimate volumizing mascara, look no further than this mascara! This is another one that gives a very natural look with just a swipe or two. It’s easy to wear all day and never irritates my eyes.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara | At first sight, I was a little underwhelmed by this mascara, mainly due to the different type of brush. But I have found that I really like it for those hard to reach small lashes and my bottom lashes. It helps me get nice, curled lashes without having to use an eyelash curler.

Tarte Lights Camera Flashes Mascara | This was the first “nicer” mascara that I ever tried way back in the day and it’s still one of my favorites. If there’s one mascara to have on hand, it’s this one. It goes on easy, lasts all day and really provides volume, length, and definition to get that amped up look!

the best mascaras 1    the best mascaras 7

P.S. If you have any questions or have any mascara “go-tos” let me know below in the comments!

1. Jessica wrote:

I’ve only tried the PUR one, definitely need to check some of these other ones out! I currently just started using one from Tarte and I love it!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
  2. Paula wrote:

This review was awesome. Especially since mascara is one the most important beauty items.

Paula- http://www.livingpaula.com

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
  3. stacey wrote:

I have a problem with some mascaras giving me raccoon eyes by mid day… any thoughts on which one might be best to prevent that?

thanks! happy memorial day!

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Stacey,

All of the ones above are my favorite for many reasons, but mostly due to the fact that they don’t rub off during the day! I have worn them while I sweat on 100 degree summer days, after a full work day followed by Pure Barre, and everything in between…. all with no raccoon eyes! If I had to choose one or two for you to try I would go with Tarte Lights Camera Flashes (it also comes in a purple tube!) It does a great job of staying on and not flaking throughout the day. Same goes with Lash Domination! 🙂 Have a great & safe weekend! Xx

Posted 5.27.16 Reply
      • Stacey wrote:

Emily,
        Thanks so much for the advice, I will definitely start with the two mentioned above!

Hope you had a great memorial day weekend!

Posted 5.31.16
  4. Finally somebody with a ridiculous collection of mascaras to rival my own!! Haha 🙂 I have almost all of these but I’ve never even heard of PUR so I DEFINITELY need to give that one a try! I’ve been digging my sample of the IT Cosmetics mascara – I use it and then go over it with a really fine wand to make sure I have as much definition and volume as possible.
    XO Amanda | http://www.glitterandspice.com

Posted 5.28.16 Reply
  5. Adaleta wrote:

Oooh I love this post. There’s so many mascaras out there & it’s so hard to get through them all and know which are good or bad, so loving that you shared your top ones. I love most of these too! xx adaatude.com

Posted 5.29.16 Reply
  6. Kathryn wrote:

I haven’t tried any of these! I’ll have to look into them since Nordstrom has their mascara sale right now!

Posted 5.29.16 Reply
  7. mary wrote:

So many amazing options! Have you tried the new Lancome one? Im addicted!

Sportsanista

Posted 5.30.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Oh! No I haven’t tried that one yet– I’ll put it on my list to try! 🙂

Posted 5.30.16 Reply
  8. Mollie wrote:

Such great picks! Benefit Roller Lash is my current go-to, but I also love Yes They’re Real and Better than Sex! I definitely need to try your drug store picks 🙂

xo
    Mollie

Posted 5.30.16 Reply
  9. Ashley wrote:

I have been looking for a new mascara and this post was SO helpful! I definitely am going to give a few of these a try!

xo Ashley

Posted 5.30.16 Reply
  10. Samantha wrote:

Thanks for the tips! I haven’t tried any of these before so I will definitely have to the next time I need a good mascara!
    XX-Samantha

Posted 6.1.16 Reply
  11. Natalie wrote:

This is so helpful! I am always so clueless on which mascara to buy!

Natalie Keinan