Can you believe it… the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (also known on social media as #NSale) is here once again! Nordstrom is one of my favorite places to shop because they offer a wide variety of brands at different price points and their customer service is incredible! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is great because it allows me to stock up on fall essentials and saving money while doing so! What’s not to love about that!? That’s what I call Christmas in July, for sure! Click through to read my tips for shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, see my favorite brands & find out what I’m shopping for this year.
Today is the first day of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for Nordstrom cardholders. If you’re a cardholder you can access the sale before it opens to the public on July 22! This gives you a full week to shop the sale and stock up on your must-haves before everyone else. P.S. if you’re not a cardholder, you can sign up here & be able to shop the sale first next year! It’s totally worth it! If you’re not a cardholder, don’t worry you will have access to the Nordstrom anniversary sale on the 22nd and there will be plenty of great deals left!
So, to break it down from today (July 14) through the 21st the sale is open to Nordstrom cardholders & reward members only. On July 22nd the sale opens to the public. The sale will go through August 8th. After that the prices go back to normal, so you definitely don’t want to miss out!
Any time there’s a big sale I like to “prep” for it so that when it comes around I’m not overwhelmed. Since the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale features a lot of items for fall/winter I always like to take inventory of my closet and see what all I have. From there I make a list of things I’m in need of (think: riding boots, new jeans, and sweaters) and go from there. Having this list when I’m shopping is important so that I don’t forget anything….. and so I’m not making a lot of impulse buys simply because it’s on sale! I would shop for items in order of importance, so if you’ve been wanting Tory Burch riding boots definitely shop for those first and add the other items later! You can browse the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalog here!
I know this may sound a bit crazy, but it’s important to know the top Nordstrom Anniversary Sale categories so that you know what will likely sell out more quickly! Last year the top categories were (in order):
- Purses: Brands like Rebecca Minkoff, Tory Burch, Kate Spade, and Chloe are up to hundreds of dollars off….so they go quickly!
- Jewelry: Have you been eyeing a Kate Spade watch or a Kendra Scott necklace… get them on sale via the #NSale. Brands like Dogeared, Baublebar & more are also included in the sale.
- Dresses: A great time to stock up on dresses to wear with booties or grab a major designer dress on sale for that wedding you have next month! 😉
- Watches: Nothing like getting a chic time piece on sale! Brands like Michele, Michael Kors, and Timex will all be included.
- Outerwear: Even though it’s 90 degrees outside, fall is (almost) around the corner. I love buying coats but often hate paying full price so I will definitely be checking out the selection.
- Beauty: Again, while I love beauty products I don’t like paying full price. Get your favorites from bareMinerals, Bobbi Brown, T3, and more while the sale lasts.
I personally love shopping the ‘Savvy’ department because they have quality brands that provide both classic pieces and on-trend styles… all at an affordable price. Below are some of my favorite brands. I’ve even indicated the ones under $100, so they will definitely be affordable during the sale!
TopShop mostly under $100
WAYF Clothing under $100
Lush under $100
Leith under $100
June & Hudson under $100
BP under $100
ASTR mostly under $100
Sam Edelman one of my FAV shoe brands!
Rebecca Minkoff great quality bags at an affordable price!
Madewell always has the best classics that can be worn time & time again!
This year I plan on shopping for a few “basics” that will carry me through fall and winter.
- Booties: I love my Sam Edelman booties and would like another pair (or similar).
- Designer Denim: There’s nothing like a pair of great fitting jeans, so I’m hoping to score a few pair for the fall.
- Tennis Shoes: I’m a sucker for tennis shoes….add in a sale and I’m sold immediately! I mean, can you blame me?!
- Designer Handbag: Still trying to determine which bag I want, but there’s plenty to choose from and they’re all a fraction of the cost!
- Voluspa Candles: Ok, so I know candles aren’t the first thing on people’s mind when it comes to the #NSale, but they can’t be forgotten. These are by far my favorite smelling candle & they last SO long.
- Casual Tees & Sweaters: Because well, you can never have enough, am I right?
Happy Shopping! P.S. Be sure to check back on Sunday for a super fun post surrounding the Nordstrom Sale. I promise you don’t want to miss it! 🙂