Five Things About Me

Can I get a “hooray” for making it to Friday?! We’re heading into a long weekend that’s going to consist of cooler temperatures, watching football, and relaxing for me! I am A-ok with that! Do any of y’all have fun plans? Fill me in, if so!

So if I’m being completely honest, I have been in a bit of a blogging rut lately. I’m not sure 100% what caused it exactly, but I just haven’t really been feeling it. Yes, it’s my full-time job and yes I still love it, but recently it’s felt like a chore versus something I enjoy doing. With that said, I took a few days off to be able to press “reset” and get me back to my best self. Sometimes we just need to do that, right? I wanted to share that with y’all so that you know bloggers have bad days too. We go through bad times, we go through “phases” and get into “funks” and feel uninspired and unfulfilled sometimes too. What you see on blogs and social media isn’t always everything that’s going on in that person’s life.

Anyways, now that I’ve pressed reset, I wanted to start a fun series called “Five Things.” Each Friday I’ll be back to share five things… one week may be about life, while the next is about blogging. No subject will be the same. I already have a few ideas written down, but if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to send them my way via email, tweet, snapchat, or instagram! I’m all ears. So to start this series I thought it would be fun to share five things about me. I don’t get too personal on here, but I like to from time to time. So, let’s get started shall we?

life with emily cat-I’M A KITTY MOM TO MY LITTLE CHARLIE BABY.
I never once thought I would have a cat. I had a bad experience with a cat when I was younger and was traumatized for a while and kind of swore them off. When I moved into my first apartment by myself I was a bit lonely (since we always had animals growing up) and decided to adopt a kitten. It’s been almost four years since I adopted him and it’s been a roller coaster, that’s for sure. He’s so needy and lovable and funny and is my favorite little ball of fluff ever!
life with emily boyfriend life with emily 2life with emily 3-I’VE KNOWN NICK FOR OVER 12 YEARS AND WE HAVE DATED A TOTAL OF ALMOST 8 YEARS.
I’m not sure if I’ve ever actually shared this on my blog, but this is mine and Nick’s second time dating! We went to the same high school and met in 2004 and started dating soon after. We dated all through high school and part of college. After a few years apart, we reconnected in 2015 (at a tailor of all places!), decided to grab wine together soon after, and the rest is history! Over the past year and a half it’s been so great to “re-date” each other while still feeling so comfortable together! Kind of the best of both worlds if you ask me!
ThinkThin Post 4I LOVE READING.
When I was younger I didn’t really like to read, especially if it was required. I remember I was always excited for summer break so that I could read the books I wanted to read. As I’ve gotten older I have really grown to appreciate the joy of a good book. I’m now that girl that always carries a book in my bag with me everywhere I go. You never know when you’re going to be stuck waiting! I’ve posted about my summer reading books here and it’s on my 101 in 1001 list to read 50 books.
life with emilyI AM A REALLY PICKY EATER.
Growing up I was always the kid that brought McDonald’s into a restaurant. I ate four or five items and everything else wasn’t getting close to me! Over the years I’ve gotten a little better with trying items (it depends on who you ask haha!) but it’s still a struggle. I still really dislike salads and I hate my foods to touch. I’m getting grossed out just thinking about it haha– and yes, my family always makes fun of me for this!
unnamed2MY FAMILY IS DIVORCED & WE ARE ALL REALLY CLOSE.
My parents divorced when I was 4. Both have been re-married for a while now and all of them get along great. I know this isn’t common for most divorced families, so I realize how lucky and blessed I am to be in this situation. Last year for father’s day my dad, step-mom and brother headed down to join my mom, step-dad and two sisters at our beach house for the weekend. It was the best weekend being surrounded by my entire family and nothing about it was awkward. We have plans to do this again & I can’t wait!

So there you have it, five things about me! I would love to hear a few facts about you! If you have any ideas for future Five Things be sure to let me know in the comments. Have a great weekend! XO

1. Melissa wrote:

Love your reading this and getting to know you better. Happy FriYAY!

• Emily wrote:

Thanks, Melissa! Have a wonderful weekend!

2. Loving this new series already! Have a great weekend, Em!! xx

• Emily wrote:

Thanks friend! Nice to get a little personal and forget the clothes for a minute haha. Happy weekend to you. Miss you- we need to plan a trip 🙂

3. Iris wrote:

I’m enjoying this series. I like getting to know bloggers I follow better.

I’m all for the relaxing this weekend after a busy week and next is going to be busier for me. I may be going to an outdoor orchestra concert if it doesn’t rain. You have a great weekend too!

• Emily wrote:

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Your weekend sounds fun! Hoping it doesn’t rain for your concert- that sounds like a good time. XO

4. Farrah wrote:

I think that more bloggers should share more about themselves. It’s very refreshing! I love that tidbit about your family. Yes, that is rare but so special.

• Emily wrote:

Thanks! Sometimes it’s nice to get a little personal and away from the “materialism” of blogging! Thanks for stopping by, happy weekend! XO

5. Kristen wrote:

I just love this post!! Thank you so much for sharing! I too am a picky eater and a fur mom!! xoxo

• Emily wrote:

Thanks for stopping by, Kristen! Always like to get personal once in a while! Happy weekend! XO

6. ashley wrote:

I love these fun facts!! Have a great weekend babe!

7. Leah wrote:

So fun getting to learn about you. Great post to be introduced to your blog to. Thanks for sharing!

xx Leah / http://www.eatpraywearlove.com

• Emily wrote:

Welcome, happy to have you following along! 🙂

8. Ruthie wrote:

What a great series!! I love learning more about other bloggers!!

9. Lauren wrote:

What a fun series! I’m not a super-picky eater, but I definitely don’t like my food touching! My husband makes fun of me mercilessly for it!

Fizz and Frosting

• Emily wrote:

Glad to know I’m not alone on that front haha! XO

Posted 9.2.16 Reply
  10. Glad to hear you are back on your blogging game and have some exciting things planned.

Sarah || http://www.stylishsassyandclassy.com/

11. Rachel wrote:

I love posts like this! How crazy that you bumped into + rekindled with your S/O at a tailor! Also totally get the blogging rut thing – I think it hits us all every once in a while!

12. Beth wrote:

What’s up with the pic with Brutus? I live in NC but am from Ohio and graduated from Ohio State. Love your style!

• Emily wrote:

Nick’s entire family (mom, dad, everyone else on both sides) went to Ohio State! His parents live in NC, but the rest of his family still lives in Ohio so we go back for games every year! 🙂

Posted 9.3.16 Reply
  13. Rosa wrote:

I really love this post, I find it so interesting to learn little facts about people. I’m a picky eater too.

Posted 9.3.16 Reply
  14. Melissa wrote:

Hi Emily,

Love your blog! I just found you through Twitter.

I get the food not touching as I am the exact same way! 💕

Blessings for a relaxing weekend,
    Melissa

Posted 9.3.16 Reply
  15. hanna wrote:

Your cat is so cute –Hanna Lei

Posted 9.4.16 Reply
  16. Loved getting to know more about you Emily! I must admit we do have a bit in common. I have been with my boyfriend for 8 years, am a cat mom, and love reading as well!

xo, Christina

Posted 9.5.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Ah we do have a bit in common!! Love finding out stuff like that about others, so glad you shared & enjoyed this post! XO

Posted 9.6.16 Reply
  17. Loved reading this post girl!! Charlie is SO adorable + I think it’s so sweet that you reconnected with your highschool boy 😉 you guys make such a cute couple! xo

Posted 9.6.16 Reply
  18. Mariam wrote:

So fun getting to know you! i am also a cat mom and picky eater! Hehe

xo Mariam | http://www.thepetitebijou.com

Posted 9.7.16 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50