Five Things About Me

Can I get a “hooray” for making it to Friday?! We’re heading into a long weekend that’s going to consist of cooler temperatures, watching football, and relaxing for me! I am A-ok with that! Do any of y’all have fun plans? Fill me in, if so!

So if I’m being completely honest, I have been in a bit of a blogging rut lately. I’m not sure 100% what caused it exactly, but I just haven’t really been feeling it. Yes, it’s my full-time job and yes I still love it, but recently it’s felt like a chore versus something I enjoy doing. With that said, I took a few days off to be able to press “reset” and get me back to my best self. Sometimes we just need to do that, right? I wanted to share that with y’all so that you know bloggers have bad days too. We go through bad times, we go through “phases” and get into “funks” and feel uninspired and unfulfilled sometimes too. What you see on blogs and social media isn’t always everything that’s going on in that person’s life.

Anyways, now that I’ve pressed reset, I wanted to start a fun series called “Five Things.” Each Friday I’ll be back to share five things… one week may be about life, while the next is about blogging. No subject will be the same. I already have a few ideas written down, but if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to send them my way via email, tweet, snapchat, or instagram! I’m all ears. So to start this series I thought it would be fun to share five things about me. I don’t get too personal on here, but I like to from time to time. So, let’s get started shall we?

life with emily cat-I’M A KITTY MOM TO MY LITTLE CHARLIE BABY.
I never once thought I would have a cat. I had a bad experience with a cat when I was younger and was traumatized for a while and kind of swore them off. When I moved into my first apartment by myself I was a bit lonely (since we always had animals growing up) and decided to adopt a kitten. It’s been almost four years since I adopted him and it’s been a roller coaster, that’s for sure. He’s so needy and lovable and funny and is my favorite little ball of fluff ever!
life with emily boyfriend life with emily 2life with emily 3-I’VE KNOWN NICK FOR OVER 12 YEARS AND WE HAVE DATED A TOTAL OF ALMOST 8 YEARS.
I’m not sure if I’ve ever actually shared this on my blog, but this is mine and Nick’s second time dating! We went to the same high school and met in 2004 and started dating soon after. We dated all through high school and part of college. After a few years apart, we reconnected in 2015 (at a tailor of all places!), decided to grab wine together soon after, and the rest is history! Over the past year and a half it’s been so great to “re-date” each other while still feeling so comfortable together! Kind of the best of both worlds if you ask me!
ThinkThin Post 4I LOVE READING.
When I was younger I didn’t really like to read, especially if it was required. I remember I was always excited for summer break so that I could read the books I wanted to read. As I’ve gotten older I have really grown to appreciate the joy of a good book. I’m now that girl that always carries a book in my bag with me everywhere I go. You never know when you’re going to be stuck waiting! I’ve posted about my summer reading books here and it’s on my 101 in 1001 list to read 50 books.
life with emilyI AM A REALLY PICKY EATER.
Growing up I was always the kid that brought McDonald’s into a restaurant. I ate four or five items and everything else wasn’t getting close to me! Over the years I’ve gotten a little better with trying items (it depends on who you ask haha!) but it’s still a struggle. I still really dislike salads and I hate my foods to touch. I’m getting grossed out just thinking about it haha– and yes, my family always makes fun of me for this!
unnamed2MY FAMILY IS DIVORCED & WE ARE ALL REALLY CLOSE.
My parents divorced when I was 4. Both have been re-married for a while now and all of them get along great. I know this isn’t common for most divorced families, so I realize how lucky and blessed I am to be in this situation. Last year for father’s day my dad, step-mom and brother headed down to join my mom, step-dad and two sisters at our beach house for the weekend. It was the best weekend being surrounded by my entire family and nothing about it was awkward. We have plans to do this again & I can’t wait!

So there you have it, five things about me! I would love to hear a few facts about you! If you have any ideas for future Five Things be sure to let me know in the comments. Have a great weekend! XO

1. Melissa wrote:

Love your reading this and getting to know you better. Happy FriYAY!

• Emily wrote:

Thanks, Melissa! Have a wonderful weekend!

2. Loving this new series already! Have a great weekend, Em!! xx

• Emily wrote:

Thanks friend! Nice to get a little personal and forget the clothes for a minute haha. Happy weekend to you. Miss you- we need to plan a trip 🙂

3. Iris wrote:

I’m enjoying this series. I like getting to know bloggers I follow better.

I’m all for the relaxing this weekend after a busy week and next is going to be busier for me. I may be going to an outdoor orchestra concert if it doesn’t rain. You have a great weekend too!

• Emily wrote:

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Your weekend sounds fun! Hoping it doesn’t rain for your concert- that sounds like a good time. XO

4. Farrah wrote:

I think that more bloggers should share more about themselves. It’s very refreshing! I love that tidbit about your family. Yes, that is rare but so special.

• Emily wrote:

Thanks! Sometimes it’s nice to get a little personal and away from the “materialism” of blogging! Thanks for stopping by, happy weekend! XO

5. Kristen wrote:

I just love this post!! Thank you so much for sharing! I too am a picky eater and a fur mom!! xoxo

• Emily wrote:

Thanks for stopping by, Kristen! Always like to get personal once in a while! Happy weekend! XO

6. ashley wrote:

I love these fun facts!! Have a great weekend babe!

7. Leah wrote:

So fun getting to learn about you. Great post to be introduced to your blog to. Thanks for sharing!

xx Leah / http://www.eatpraywearlove.com

• Emily wrote:

Welcome, happy to have you following along! 🙂

8. Ruthie wrote:

What a great series!! I love learning more about other bloggers!!

9. Lauren wrote:

What a fun series! I’m not a super-picky eater, but I definitely don’t like my food touching! My husband makes fun of me mercilessly for it!

Fizz and Frosting

• Emily wrote:

Glad to know I’m not alone on that front haha! XO

Posted 9.2.16 Reply
  10. Glad to hear you are back on your blogging game and have some exciting things planned.

Sarah || http://www.stylishsassyandclassy.com/

11. Rachel wrote:

I love posts like this! How crazy that you bumped into + rekindled with your S/O at a tailor! Also totally get the blogging rut thing – I think it hits us all every once in a while!

12. Beth wrote:

What’s up with the pic with Brutus? I live in NC but am from Ohio and graduated from Ohio State. Love your style!

• Emily wrote:

Nick’s entire family (mom, dad, everyone else on both sides) went to Ohio State! His parents live in NC, but the rest of his family still lives in Ohio so we go back for games every year! 🙂

Posted 9.3.16 Reply
  13. Rosa wrote:

I really love this post, I find it so interesting to learn little facts about people. I’m a picky eater too.

Posted 9.3.16 Reply
  14. Melissa wrote:

Hi Emily,

Love your blog! I just found you through Twitter.

I get the food not touching as I am the exact same way! 💕

Blessings for a relaxing weekend,
    Melissa

Posted 9.3.16 Reply
  15. hanna wrote:

Your cat is so cute –Hanna Lei

Posted 9.4.16 Reply
  16. Loved getting to know more about you Emily! I must admit we do have a bit in common. I have been with my boyfriend for 8 years, am a cat mom, and love reading as well!

xo, Christina

Posted 9.5.16 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Ah we do have a bit in common!! Love finding out stuff like that about others, so glad you shared & enjoyed this post! XO

Posted 9.6.16 Reply
  17. Loved reading this post girl!! Charlie is SO adorable + I think it’s so sweet that you reconnected with your highschool boy 😉 you guys make such a cute couple! xo

Posted 9.6.16 Reply
  18. Mariam wrote:

So fun getting to know you! i am also a cat mom and picky eater! Hehe

xo Mariam | http://www.thepetitebijou.com

Posted 9.7.16 Reply

• Happy 31st birthday to my favorite person in the entire world! 🎉🎂🥰 I feel so lucky to have you as my husband & soulmate! Thank you for being you, allowing me to be me & for always making life fun and entertaining!! I am SO excited for this next year (and all the years to come!) and can’t wait to see what this year brings you! Cheers to many more, my love! Love you most 🍾😘 #happybirthday #marriage #enwexplores
  • What’s your go-to TV show to binge?! 📺 I am always a fan of Friends - but some of my favs include Veep, A Million Little Things & Parenthood to name a few! I’m teaming up with @scottiestissues to share all my favorite binge-worthy TV shows whether you need a good cry or you want to laugh til you cry, they’ll have ya covered! #scottiesstyle #scottiescomfort #myscottiesstyle [sponsored]
  • If only every day looked something like this! Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for my Monday!🌴🍹🌊 instead it was spent catching up on emails and work all day! Still dreaming of the beautiful weather on #perfectdayatcococay 🙌🏻 can we go back already, @royalcaribbean?! 🛳 #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas
This swimsuit coverup is $20 and comes in 8 colors! Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app (just search emilynwilkinson)
  • One of my favorite parts about vacation is being able to relax with a good book in hand 📚🙌🏻 The #navigatoroftheseas has so many peaceful areas to relax, unwind & read a few pages - file that under a success! Admittedly, I didn’t read as much as I would have liked (because there was SO much to see & do!) but I’m glad that I got to read @marykayandrews newest book!
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BVxC #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #enwexplores @royalcaribbean #marykayandrews #stmartinspress
  • Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas 🛳 b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! 😊 Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! 🐱#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas 🌊🍹I don’t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand 🙌🏻 this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! 🍾👏🏻
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And I’m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50