Easy Way To Make Home Updates

Since we moved into our new home almost two months ago, we’ve spent a lot of time merging our furniture and accessories together. For the most part we are both in agreement on what to keep and what needs to go. We both like neutral pieces with small pops of color here and there. But, there’s been a few times that we’ve been kind of “stuck” on what to do to a room or two in our home.

I worked with Havenly, an online interior design company, to re-design my living room at my old apartment and it turned out beautifully. I’ll be doing an updated living room tour soon! We’re working with Havenly again, this time on our dining room area, and have been so pleased with the process again! I feel like our designer totally “gets” our style and aesthetic. Recently Havenly launched their app, making home updates *that* much easier! By downloading the app you can easily chat with a designer for free about even the most simple design needs! No need for sending group texts to friends who have differing opinions anymore! You can get advice from an interior designer and easily make purchases right in the app based on their recs…. seriously so easy! You can download it from the app store HERE.havenly-ios-app havenly-ios-app-2

Today I wanted to also share a few ways to spruce up your space! These are things that you can do gradually to transform a room and make it a little more functional, too!easy-home-updates-resized

SHOP THE POST BELOW:

This post is sponsored by Havenly. All thoughts are my own.

1. We are in the process of buying our first home, I’m definitely going to check Havenly out!

• Emily wrote:

Yay how exciting! yes, it makes things SO much easier!

2. Shelby Back wrote:

I missed the moving in together memo, CONGRATS girl!! So exciting! And I can totally relate to the ‘stuck’ feeling, looks like I might need this app 🙂

xoxo!
    Shelby

• Emily wrote:

Thanks, friend! Kept it relatively quiet, didn’t really ever “announce” haha! 🙂 I love that they can handle small questions and big re-designs! XO

3. sarah lindner wrote:

I will definitely have to look into this app! Congrats on the move 🙂

xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

Posted 9.27.16 Reply
  4. Throw blankets are my fave!! Such a fun way to add a temporary pop and to change with the season.

xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

• Emily wrote:

Yes! Nick always laughs at me when I bring home another throw… he’s like “do we need another one?!?” YES! haha

Posted 9.27.16 Reply
  5. We just bought our first home – will definitely have to look into this!

• Emily wrote:

Congrats on buying! Such an exciting time for y’all. Hope you’ll include updates on the blog! XO

6. This is so helpful! Will def download this. 🙂

7. hanna wrote:

I’m for sure going to check this out –Hanna Lei

8. zoe wrote:

I absolutely love these online interior design concepts! So helpful.

9. Bailey wrote:

I’ve been considering using Havenly for a while! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience!

xoxo,
    Bailey
    Here’s The Skinny
    @baileyschwartz

Posted 9.27.16 Reply
  10. I love this! Personally I live in a small apartment so it’s hard to feel motivated so I’m for sure going to look into this. Thanks for sharing babe!

11. Sara wrote:

What a neat app! I honestly am going to try this out since we too are renovating our home!

xo, Sara

12. Elise wrote:

Love this! Such a cool idea.

13. miriam wrote:

Sounds like a great app! I’d love to chat with a designer about my home decor because I have no idea what I’m doing! thanks for sharing!

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  14. miriam wrote:

This sounds like a cool app! I would love to speak to a designer as I have no idea what I’m doing!

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  15. i LOVE Havenly’s service!!!

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  16. Obsessed with this post! Can’t wait to download that app and redesign our dining room! Thanks for all your tips!

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  17. monic wrote:

This is such a great post I will have to check this out since we are building our home =)

M
    Simply Sutter

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  18. I’m getting much more into home decor now that I moved into a better house haha. Thanks for the tips!

xo,
    L
    livingincolorblog.com

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  19. cristin wrote:

What a great idea! Love the room!

cristin | http://www.thesouthernstyleguide.com

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  20. What a fun & easy way to update your space! Can’t wait to see the room tour!

Lawren

Posted 9.30.16 Reply
  21. I saw this post on Instagram, but I absolutely love the idea of doing this for myself. I’d love to redesign and do something different in one of our rooms, like the living rooms! xx Adaleta Avdic

Posted 10.1.16 Reply
  22. Stesha wrote:

ohhh I will have to look into this!

xx S

Posted 10.2.16 Reply
  23. LOVE that metallic pouf! I’ve heard nothing but great things about Havenly. Might need to try for our own updates coming soon!

Coming Up Roses

Posted 10.3.16 Reply
  24. Sam wrote:

Love this! Need to check out the app, I’m the worst visualizing interior space!
    Thanks for the tip!

xx Sam |The Heart of the House

Posted 10.3.16 Reply
  25. Love Havenly! Great post on them!

Posted 10.5.16 Reply
  26. Congrats on the move. You must be so excited. XOXO, Carolyna

Posted 10.5.16 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50