Easy Way To Make Home Updates

Since we moved into our new home almost two months ago, we’ve spent a lot of time merging our furniture and accessories together. For the most part we are both in agreement on what to keep and what needs to go. We both like neutral pieces with small pops of color here and there. But, there’s been a few times that we’ve been kind of “stuck” on what to do to a room or two in our home.

I worked with Havenly, an online interior design company, to re-design my living room at my old apartment and it turned out beautifully. I’ll be doing an updated living room tour soon! We’re working with Havenly again, this time on our dining room area, and have been so pleased with the process again! I feel like our designer totally “gets” our style and aesthetic. Recently Havenly launched their app, making home updates *that* much easier! By downloading the app you can easily chat with a designer for free about even the most simple design needs! No need for sending group texts to friends who have differing opinions anymore! You can get advice from an interior designer and easily make purchases right in the app based on their recs…. seriously so easy! You can download it from the app store HERE.havenly-ios-app havenly-ios-app-2

Today I wanted to also share a few ways to spruce up your space! These are things that you can do gradually to transform a room and make it a little more functional, too!easy-home-updates-resized

SHOP THE POST BELOW:

This post is sponsored by Havenly. All thoughts are my own.

1. We are in the process of buying our first home, I’m definitely going to check Havenly out!

• Emily wrote:

Yay how exciting! yes, it makes things SO much easier!

2. Shelby Back wrote:

I missed the moving in together memo, CONGRATS girl!! So exciting! And I can totally relate to the ‘stuck’ feeling, looks like I might need this app 🙂

xoxo!
    Shelby

• Emily wrote:

Thanks, friend! Kept it relatively quiet, didn’t really ever “announce” haha! 🙂 I love that they can handle small questions and big re-designs! XO

3. sarah lindner wrote:

I will definitely have to look into this app! Congrats on the move 🙂

xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

Posted 9.27.16 Reply
  4. Throw blankets are my fave!! Such a fun way to add a temporary pop and to change with the season.

xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

• Emily wrote:

Yes! Nick always laughs at me when I bring home another throw… he’s like “do we need another one?!?” YES! haha

Posted 9.27.16 Reply
  5. We just bought our first home – will definitely have to look into this!

• Emily wrote:

Congrats on buying! Such an exciting time for y’all. Hope you’ll include updates on the blog! XO

6. This is so helpful! Will def download this. 🙂

7. hanna wrote:

I’m for sure going to check this out –Hanna Lei

8. zoe wrote:

I absolutely love these online interior design concepts! So helpful.

9. Bailey wrote:

I’ve been considering using Havenly for a while! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience!

xoxo,
    Bailey
    Here’s The Skinny
    @baileyschwartz

Posted 9.27.16 Reply
  10. I love this! Personally I live in a small apartment so it’s hard to feel motivated so I’m for sure going to look into this. Thanks for sharing babe!

11. Sara wrote:

What a neat app! I honestly am going to try this out since we too are renovating our home!

xo, Sara

12. Elise wrote:

Love this! Such a cool idea.

13. miriam wrote:

Sounds like a great app! I’d love to chat with a designer about my home decor because I have no idea what I’m doing! thanks for sharing!

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  14. miriam wrote:

This sounds like a cool app! I would love to speak to a designer as I have no idea what I’m doing!

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  15. i LOVE Havenly’s service!!!

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  16. Obsessed with this post! Can’t wait to download that app and redesign our dining room! Thanks for all your tips!

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  17. monic wrote:

This is such a great post I will have to check this out since we are building our home =)

M
    Simply Sutter

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  18. I’m getting much more into home decor now that I moved into a better house haha. Thanks for the tips!

xo,
    L
    livingincolorblog.com

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  19. cristin wrote:

What a great idea! Love the room!

cristin | http://www.thesouthernstyleguide.com

Posted 9.28.16 Reply
  20. What a fun & easy way to update your space! Can’t wait to see the room tour!

Lawren

Posted 9.30.16 Reply
  21. I saw this post on Instagram, but I absolutely love the idea of doing this for myself. I’d love to redesign and do something different in one of our rooms, like the living rooms! xx Adaleta Avdic

Posted 10.1.16 Reply
  22. Stesha wrote:

ohhh I will have to look into this!

xx S

Posted 10.2.16 Reply
  23. LOVE that metallic pouf! I’ve heard nothing but great things about Havenly. Might need to try for our own updates coming soon!

Coming Up Roses

Posted 10.3.16 Reply
  24. Sam wrote:

Love this! Need to check out the app, I’m the worst visualizing interior space!
    Thanks for the tip!

xx Sam |The Heart of the House

Posted 10.3.16 Reply
  25. Love Havenly! Great post on them!

Posted 10.5.16 Reply
  26. Congrats on the move. You must be so excited. XOXO, Carolyna

Posted 10.5.16 Reply

• Happy 31st birthday to my favorite person in the entire world! 🎉🎂🥰 I feel so lucky to have you as my husband & soulmate! Thank you for being you, allowing me to be me & for always making life fun and entertaining!! I am SO excited for this next year (and all the years to come!) and can’t wait to see what this year brings you! Cheers to many more, my love! Love you most 🍾😘 #happybirthday #marriage #enwexplores
  • What’s your go-to TV show to binge?! 📺 I am always a fan of Friends - but some of my favs include Veep, A Million Little Things & Parenthood to name a few! I’m teaming up with @scottiestissues to share all my favorite binge-worthy TV shows whether you need a good cry or you want to laugh til you cry, they’ll have ya covered! #scottiesstyle #scottiescomfort #myscottiesstyle [sponsored]
  • If only every day looked something like this! Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for my Monday!🌴🍹🌊 instead it was spent catching up on emails and work all day! Still dreaming of the beautiful weather on #perfectdayatcococay 🙌🏻 can we go back already, @royalcaribbean?! 🛳 #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas
This swimsuit coverup is $20 and comes in 8 colors! Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app (just search emilynwilkinson)
  • One of my favorite parts about vacation is being able to relax with a good book in hand 📚🙌🏻 The #navigatoroftheseas has so many peaceful areas to relax, unwind & read a few pages - file that under a success! Admittedly, I didn’t read as much as I would have liked (because there was SO much to see & do!) but I’m glad that I got to read @marykayandrews newest book!
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BVxC #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #enwexplores @royalcaribbean #marykayandrews #stmartinspress
  • Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas 🛳 b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! 😊 Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! 🐱#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas 🌊🍹I don’t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand 🙌🏻 this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! 🍾👏🏻
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And I’m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50