My Style with Old Navy for #50Styles50States

We’re a little over a week into September and the warmer temperatures are winding down a bit every day. North Carolina gave us a hint of fall over the weekend with temperatures in the 70s…and I have to admit I totally loved it! While I’m not ready for summer to end just yet, I took advantage of the weather this past weekend and began pulling out light sweaters and my favorite denim. I threw on those cozy pieces over the weekend and headed outdoors to grab coffee from a fav local spot!

I’m happy to be teaming up with Old Navy today to share a fall look that I wore over the weekend in North Carolina as part of the #50States50Styles campaign. Even though it’s September, the weather will still be warm for a little while longer, so I always like to buy transitional pieces that can work for the warm days and the cooler days! I ended up getting the sweater I’m wearing in two other colors, I liked it that much!Old Navy #50States50Styles 1

Old Navy #50States50Styles 4 Old Navy #50States50Styles 5 Old Navy #50States50Styles 6 Old Navy #50States50Styles 7 Old Navy #50States50Styles 8 Old Navy #50States50Styles 9 Old Navy #50States50Styles 10 Old Navy Textured Sweater c/o | Old Navy Built-In Sculpt Denim c/o | Steve Madden Heels (come in five colors & on sale!) | Kendra Scott Necklace | Ray-Ban Aviators | Leopard Print Clutch (sold out, similar here)

Right now Old Navy as so many great transitional pieces and the best part is they are super affordable! I get a lot of my denim from Old Navy as well as basics and light sweaters. You can shop some of my favorites below.

P.S. Be sure to check out the full #50Styles50States on People.com and show us how you style your Old navy favorites, inspired by your home state using the hashtag!

Thank you to Old Navy for sponsoring this post. All styling, writing & thoughts are my own.

1. Natali wrote:

Looking absolutely gorgeous in this minimalistic and casual outfit! Your hair curled up like this is fantastic!

2. jessica wrote:

Love those shoes!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 9.6.16 Reply
  3. Love this lightweight sweater! I also just bought their jeans for the first time and they are amazing!

Posted 9.6.16 Reply
  4. This sweater is so cozy and great for transitional weeks since it is lighweight. Love the pop of print with the fun clutch too!

5. Anna Cobbs wrote:

Love this campaign – congrats! Love the pop of print you added to a cute, neutral Fall look!! Adorable!

xx – anna

6. Meggan wrote:

Love that sweater! Such a cute look with those heels! xx

7. hanna wrote:

Very cute outfit –Hanna Lei

8. Lauren wrote:

This look is so chic! I love these jeans on you and your shoes are gorgeous too!

Fizz and Frosting

9. Melissa wrote:

I LOVE this look. It’s such a perfect fall look. I especially love the skinny jeans. Great job pairing everything together and we love Old Navy!

Posted 9.6.16 Reply
  10. Love that knit sweater for fall!

11. Greta wrote:

Absolutely love this sweater! Old Navy’s fall line is SO GOOD.

Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com

12. I´m in love with your sweater and your matching heels. XOXO, Carolyna

13. Nina wrote:

You look absolutely adorable! I need the shoes and the clutch!

xo, Nina
    Law of Fashion Blog

Posted 9.6.16 Reply
  14. I agree Old Navy is also my go to for great basics and transition pieces.

Sarah || http://www.stylishsassyandclassy.com/

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  15. Steph wrote:

Congratulations! What an awesome campaign. I love this sweater, you look absolutely gorgeous!!

xO – Steph

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  16. Kate wrote:

LOVE this on you! You look fab, friend! xo!

Kate
    fortheloveoffancy.com

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  17. Angelle Marix wrote:

This is a perfect outfit!! Love how Old Navy provides classic pieces for an affordable price.

xoxo,
    Angelle

Posted 9.8.16 Reply
  18. Elise wrote:

Loving this outfit! your photos are fabulous.

Posted 9.8.16 Reply
  19. This look is definitely right up my alley, and I just adore it. You look so stunning, and I enjoyed seeing these looks on your Insta! I think the sandals are my fave! xx Adaleta Avdic

Posted 9.9.16 Reply
  20. Shelby Skaggs wrote:

I love ON for jeans & a sweater! Also, I think I need those sandals in that color!

xoxo!
    Shelby

Posted 9.9.16 Reply
  21. Ruthie wrote:

Head to toe perfection!!! Oldnavy is killing it!!

Posted 9.9.16 Reply
  22. So I need your sweater, your clutch and your shoes!

xo,
    Britt

Posted 9.9.16 Reply
  23. Looking FAB and so comfy casual for fall, Em! Way to rep your state!

Coming Up Roses

Posted 9.10.16 Reply
  24. Maggie wrote:

I’m loving the basics with the fun accessories 🙂 Cute look!

Posted 9.10.16 Reply
  25. I think I absolutely need this sweater! Congrats on this amazing opportunity! xoxo

Posted 9.11.16 Reply
  26. Bailey wrote:

That sweater is so perfect on you! I adore the fit! Thanks for sharing!

xoxo,
    Bailey
    Here’s The Skinny

Posted 9.12.16 Reply
  27. love old navy!

xo,
    L
    livingincolorblog.com

Posted 9.13.16 Reply
  28. Sara wrote:

Yay for being ON #50styles50states sister-friends! I love how you styled your pieces!

xo, Sara

Posted 9.13.16 Reply
  29. Love the fall colors and understated vibe here. 🙂 I did the 50 States post too! So fun to see what everyone else did. xoxo.

Posted 9.16.16 Reply
  30. You are so stunning in these pics! I love this sweater so much, and how you’re repping NC!

Alicia | AliciaTenise.com

Posted 9.20.16 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50