Travel With Me To: The Omni Homestead

Wednesday, already? That’s what I love most about long weekends… short weeks! But let’s rewind to a few weekends ago when I visited The Omni Homestead, shall we? Nick and I wanted one last summer getaway before our schedules picked back up this fall, so we decided a trip to The Omni Homestead in Hot Springs, Virginia was in order! I grew up going there with my family and I have so many great memories from it (everything from holidays to long weekends) so I couldn’t wait to get back there and make memories with Nick! Click through to see a full recap of our trip & a lot of photos, too! LIFE WITH EMILY TRAVEL BLOG OMNI HOMESTEAD RESORT

Hot Springs, Virginia is only a short three hour trip for us and once you’ve made it up the winding roads, the gorgeous Omni Homestead Resort is there to greet you with open arms. As we pulled up it was just as magnificent as I remembered it being when I was younger! One of my favorite parts about the resort is that it caters not only to families but to couples as well. Whether you’re wanting a fun-filled weekend with the kids or a relaxing weekend as a couple, they have great amenities for both! This year they are celebrating it’s 250th anniversary, so there’s even more fun activities going on each day (including cake & tea at 2:50 daily!)

omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 40THE GROUNDS

First, we’ll start with the resort and the grounds because they really make the overall stay so wonderful. The Omni Homestead has southern charm and a classic feel around every corner. The Great Hall (pictured below) is filled with sitting areas, a lobby bar, and a lot of gorgeous details. Perhaps my favorite parts about the grounds are the endless areas to sit and relax. Every morning Nick and I would take our coffee and doughnuts (you’ve got to try them!) on the front porch and sit in the rocking chairs enjoying the views. They also have hammocks scattered around the property for optimal relaxation! There is so much to see around every corner, I suggest bringing a comfortable pair of shoes just to roam in! We ended up walking over 7 miles every day! omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 2omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 1 omni homestead resort hot springs Virginia 3 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 5omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 11omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 37omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 41

THE ROOM

Next up, let’s chat about the room! We had a King Premier View Room that overlooked the front drive and main lawn area. It was really spacious and had a sitting area, which was great to relax in after a long day! The rooms stay true to the classic feel of the resort. They’ve made updates in a lot of the rooms and ours happened to be one of them. It still felt very much like the resort I had grown up going to with the classic decor, only updated! If you follow me on snapchat, you know I was seriously swooning over the bathroom! Oh, and the room service menu is delicious! omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 9omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 10omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 12

THE SPA & SERENITY GARDENS

This was hands down one of my favorite parts of this trip! I’ll start by telling y’all about the Serenity Gardens. It’s located right off of the spa and is for adults 18 and older, so it’s a great quiet escape as a couple or even from your kids for a bit! The daily passes include lunch, refreshing treats, smoothies, and infused waters. We went on both Friday and Saturday and definitely felt relaxed afterwards.

The spa offers a number of treatments from manis/pedis to deep tissue massages and everything in between! Nick and I both got the swedish massages and they were so needed after a long week of moving and heavy lifting the week before! Along with the spa treatment, they have aqua thermal suites that we thoroughly enjoyed. Each suite offers hot and cold experiences to allow your body to feel fully relaxed and rejuvenated.

In the same wing of the spa there is also an indoor pool that was built in 1904 and is filled with mineral spring water. Even the details here are incredible! One day there was a short rainstorm, so we headed indoors to swim for a bit. omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 7 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 29omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 31omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 16 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 19 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 20omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 21

THE ACTIVITIES

There is certainly no shortage of activities around the 2,300 acre resort! Growing up I remember they always had all kinds of activities for kids and families and it’s only grown over the years! They have an event calendar that’s filled with stuff each month! Nick and I decided to go horseback riding while we were there and I’m so glad we did! The staff was so friendly and informative on our ride and the horses were so gorgeous. Fun fact: they have over 50 horses on the land (which spans over 15,000 acres) and trade out the horses once every few months so they can roam free! As an animal lover, I really appreciated hearing that they only have 2-3 rides a day, so they aren’t overworked! omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 23 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 24 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 25 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 26 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 27

OTHER ACTIVITIES

While we were there, the resort was hosting a Taste of the Region event, which consisted of  local beer, wine, and food so we definitely made plans to attend that! We ended up meeting some of the nicest people (including Monte Durham from Say Yes to the Dress) and had a great night sampling the different foods! It’s safe to say I definitely gained some weight that night haha! omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 34 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 35 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 36 omni homestead resort hot springs virginia 39

THE RIDE

We rode to The Omni Homestead in style in the new 2016 Toyota Rav4. Having an SUV was essential since we were climbing the Allegheny mountains for much of the trip! It handled really well up the mountains and winding roads as we made our way to The Homestead! If you follow me on snapchat, you saw how crazy the mountain climb was! It was a super spacious SUV, perfect for us over packers! The Toyota Rav4 was perfect for getting us safely back to our destination and back!toyota rav4 2 toyota rav4 5 toyota rav4

It was the perfect end of summer getaway and I’m already itching to get back there!

*Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this post. I did receive compensation in the form of room and travel c/o The Omni Homestead.

1. Maggie wrote:

Oh wow this is stunning!!

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  2. Wow this places looks amazing! So many fun things to do there!

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  3. Brittany wrote:

Oh my goodness, how beautiful! It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Xo,
    Brittany || The Everyday B.

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  4. Alex wrote:

Looks like such an amazing trip. I love Omni properties, and looks like I need to add this one to my bucket list! The spa and pool look divine.

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  5. Kate wrote:

AH, looks gorgeous there! The horseback riding looked so fun! What a gorgeous property.

xo, kate

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  6. hanna wrote:

Looks like so much fun –Hanna Lei

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  7. Greta wrote:

Such a gorgeous hotel! Love the hammocks and pretty decor!

Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  8. Lexi wrote:

This place looks gorgeous! We recently moved to NC and we have so many nearby places we want to check out. I definitely need to add VA to the list. 🙂
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  9. This place looks absolutely amazing, need to go there ASAP! xo

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  10. Jaime wrote:

This vacation looked incredible! So peaceful and relaxing, and that place is beautifullll!!!

Posted 9.7.16 Reply
  11. Wow! So Beautiful!!

xo, Christina

Posted 9.8.16 Reply
  12. Rosa wrote:

Wow! It looks seriously amazing there, that spa I’m in love with.

Posted 9.8.16 Reply
  13. What a beautiful location! I love finding outdoorsy areas that have fun activities because I feel like I’m always cooped up inside M-F working. I need to check this out if I ever visit the area! Xoxo Mindy

Posted 9.8.16 Reply
  14. Jessica wrote:

Such an incredible property! My husband and I travel to the area each year but have never stayed at The Omni Homestead. Looks like that’s changing this spring! Keep the travel posts coming Emily!

Posted 9.8.16 Reply
  15. This property looks so incredible, and I am in love! What a fun stay! xx Adaleta Avdic

Posted 9.8.16 Reply
  16. Elise wrote:

Beautiful photos! I must visit! The hotel looks stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 9.8.16 Reply
  17. Shelby Skaggs wrote:

This hotel looks gorgeous! It seems to peaceful 🙂

xoxo!
    Shelby

Posted 9.9.16 Reply
  18. Ruthie wrote:

This place looks like a dream come true!!! I would love to visit one day…. like WOW!!!

Posted 9.9.16 Reply
  19. Hillary wrote:

This place looks so cool and that there is something to do for everyone! I loove that gingham swimsuit too, by the way!

~Hillary

Posted 9.10.16 Reply
  20. This resort looks amazing! I cant believe your beige booties stayed that clean after the trip LOL! YOu look so pretty. XOXO, Carolyna

Posted 9.11.16 Reply
  21. Oh my goodness, those pools are dreamy! PS I love those two swimsuits too. Looks like the perfect getaway!

Posted 9.11.16 Reply
  22. Wow, this resort is stunning! Looks like an amazing time!

xo,
    Britt

Posted 9.11.16 Reply
  23. Bailey wrote:

The Omni Homestead looks so classic and southern! I am definitely going to have to take a trip here! so fabulous!

xoxo,
    Bailey
    Here’s The Skinny

Posted 9.12.16 Reply
  24. Lauren wrote:

The Omni Homestead looks absolutely gorgeous! The grounds are just stunning and I love the spa area!

Fizz and Frosting

Posted 9.12.16 Reply
  25. Sara wrote:

First, you look bomb.com in your bikini! Two, this place looks like a dream, and Three, that pineapple lamp is the cutest ever!

xo, Sara

Posted 9.13.16 Reply
  26. I definitely want to visit! Looks like a little oasis! 🙂

Posted 9.16.16 Reply
  27. I saw this on Snapchat and I was loving how stunning the Omni is! I’ve never been to Hot Springs, but clearly I need to make a visit — this place and hotel are so gorgeous!

Alicia | AliciaTenise.com

Posted 9.20.16 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50