Gift Guide for the Hostess

I realize it’s over a month and a half until Christmas, but with Thanksgiving being less than two weeks away now, I wanted to share my first gift guide of the season with you all so you have an idea of what to get the hosts of Friendsgiving & Thanksgiving festivities! I look so forward to Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving(s) every year and I know just how much work goes into these holidays, so I always like showing my appreciation to the host! If you’re struggling with what to get someone for this upcoming holiday then look no further! I’ve created a comprehensive list of items perfect for any host, whether it’s your best friend, mother-in-law, or an acquaintance! I will be back once a week through Christmas sharing gift guides for you all!

I have a lot of great ideas and content planned, but if you have someone you always have a hard time shopping for let me know & I’ll make a gift guide for you! As always thank you for stopping by & happy holiday shopping! Xx

P.S. This year I’m implementing a “LWE Tried-and-True symbol” (you’ll see it below) for gifts that I have given over the years that have been total, 100% hits! These gifts are guaranteed to be loved by the recipient!

rslwe-gift-guide-hostess

KEY BOTTLE OPENER & CORKSCREW COMBO | This is one of those gifts you can’t go wrong with! I know that I, personally, am always losing my bottle openers so this is a great gift to give along with a good wine or 6 pack combo!

SPOON REST | Ok, at first glance it doesn’t seem that exciting… but from experience I know that’s the one thing I always wish I had more of when I’m cooking! When I’m cooking I always have more than one thing going, so it would b e great to have more than one spoon rest for each piece of dinner! Again, something you don’t think about until it’s going on haha!

VOLUSPA CANDLE | This is hands down my favorite candle. It smells so clean & guaranteed to make any space smell fresh! I have these candles (and this one) all throughout our house and I get compliments on how amazing our house smells all the time!

SPIRIRTS TOTE | If all else fails, you can always bring a favorite bottle of wine or alcohol in a cute spirits tote! I’m obsessed with all of these cute sayings on these totes!

HAND, LOTION & DISH SOAP GIFT SET | This gift set is practical, yet chic! Most people tend to not “splurge” on dish soap or hand soap for the lotion, so the thought will go a long way! I purchased this set (it comes in different scents/colors) for family and friends last year and they went on-and-on about how great it was!

MONOGRAMMED GLASS SET | Any host that receives something monogrammed is going to think about the time and effort that went into the gift! This year, monogramming is made a bit easier with pre-monogrammed pieces, like this stemless wine glass set, champagne flutesmason jars, or beer mugs!

NAPKIN/DIS TOWEL SET | One thing you can never have enough of in your kitchen? Dish towels! I swear, we use multiple a day between drying our hands, drying dishes, cooking,  and cleaning! Anyone can always use a fun, bright set, like this one!

MARBLE COASTERS | When having guests over, it’s so important to have extra coasters lying around for people to use! I love these marble coasters because they have an edge so that nothing spills!

THROW BLANKET | Everyone I know loves a good throw blanket! Any host would love to receive an extra one, whether it be holiday themed or one that can stay out year round! This one is so plush and it’s incredibly soft… I end up falling asleep with ours most nights!

SERVING BOARD | One thing every hostess loves… a serving board! This personalized board is great for entertaining because it can hold bread, cheese, or charcuterie!

COOKBOOK | You can’t go wrong by bringing your favorite cookbook for the host! I feel like I can never have enough cookbooks! There are so many great recipes and recipe books out there (some of which I would never buy for myself) so I love when others gift or suggest other cookbooks to me!

You can shop everything listed above by clicking the photo below:

1. Love these goodies! Might have to snag a few for myself.

xx,
    Lauren
    FashionablyLo

2. Kate wrote:

Love these gifts! Those wine glasses are the cutest!

3. Leah wrote:

So many great ideas! getting me excited for the Holiday’s!

xx Leah http://www.eatpraywearlove.com

4. Lauren wrote:

I was just looking at that key corkscrew the other day! So cute! I love these ideas!

By Lauren M

5. Nataly wrote:

So many great gift ideas! I need to probably pick up a few for my holiday parties!

-Nataly || http://www.beautifullyelegantblog.com

Posted 11.15.16 Reply
  6. This is such a great gift guide! I’m always clueless when it comes to hostess gifts!!

7. Maria wrote:

Great round up!

Posted 11.15.16 Reply
  8. Such a great roundup! I am always so bad about forgetting to bring hostess gifts!

9. Kelssey Layton wrote:

So many great goodies! Loving that blanket! Looks so warm & cozy! xo

10. Lexi wrote:

Oh my gosh, that Fa to the La wine bag is perfect! Want it!

Posted 11.15.16 Reply
  11. I love this list especially the candles and fun throw blanket. Jess at Just Jess

12. Maggie wrote:

I can’t believe how quickly the holidays are coming up! And I can’t agree with you more about a spoon rest while cooking! You really miss it when it’s not there!!

Maggie

Posted 11.15.16 Reply
  13. The Voluspa candle is my FAVE!

Posted 11.15.16 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50