Easy Ways To Spruce Up A Guest Room

In yesterday’s post I said I want to be more intentional about the content I bring to Life With Emily this year. A few days ago I asked my snapchat followers what they wanted to see this year and I had an overwhelming response (thanks so much to those who responded!) A lot of you want to see more wedding details, outfits, personal posts, and more home decor content! I was so excited to read everyone’s responses because they all aligned with the content I want to bring to y’all!

So today I’m excited to share my first home decor post of 2017. Since Nick and I moved in together back in August we’ve completed lot of spaces in our home. There is still a lot left to do, but we’re getting there! I’m partnering with Minted to share how we spruced up our guest room.

PORTOFINO AFTERNOON ART PRINTWHITE LAKE ART PRINTSTANDING STILL ART PRINT | SCALLOPED PILLOWSWATERCOLOR DOT PILLOWS | AZTEC PRINTED PILLOW all c/o Minted | NAVY STITCH THROW | BAR CART (used as night stand) | TUFTED HEADBOARD | MARBLE PHOTO FRAME | WHITE DUVET COVER

Between the two of us, we had everything we “needed” for the guest room, so we made it work with what we had.  We decided we didn’t want to devote a lot of time or energy to the guest room right away. We plan on eventually updating the headboard and a few other things, but for now it totally works! I worked with Minted to spruce up the room a bit. Minted is my go-to when it comes to artwork, but I was even more surprised with their throw pillow selection. There is something for everyone and every style!

I let Nick pick the art and he chose boats (he loves them) and then I chose a selection of printed pillows to finish off the space. It ended up working well against the masculine headboard.

PORTOFINO AFTERNOON ART PRINT | WHITE LAKE ART PRINT | STANDING STILL ART PRINT | SCALLOPED PILLOWS | WATERCOLOR DOT PILLOWS | AZTEC PRINTED PILLOW all c/o Minted | NAVY STITCH THROW | BAR CART (used as night stand) | TUFTED HEADBOARD | MARBLE PHOTO FRAME | WHITE DUVET COVER

Thank you to Minted for sponsoring this post. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

1. Mary Kate wrote:

Love it! So fresh and inviting looking.

2. Maggie wrote:

This guest room is so serene and cozy! I love all of the blue colors! We just moved and our guestroom needs serious help! Definitely checking out Minted for some pillows.

Maggie

3. Desi wrote:

The guest room looks wonderful & what a lovely color combination of white, blue, brown and copper.

4. Nataly wrote:

I love the way you styled your guest room! So pretty girl!

5. Jessica wrote:

The guest room looks great. The pillows go really well with the art.

Posted 1.5.17 Reply
  6. LOVE the prints you decided on! Minted is my favorite stop for cards, invites and prints. Your room came out so cute!

Mindy II amixofmin.com

7. Dylan wrote:

Great looking room, I like the collaboration with the both of you.

Dylan

Posted 1.5.17 Reply
  8. Your room looks so great! I didn’t even realize they had bedding!

9. Lee Anne wrote:

I love those prints! You’ve picked out some gorgeous linens to compliment these prints, what a pretty room.

XO
    Lee Anne

10. sarah lindner wrote:

I love the look it looks amazing!
    xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

11. jessica wrote:

Love the dot pillows!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

12. Ashley wrote:

What a beautiful, inviting guest room! I just saw that Minted carries pillows and was so excited! So many pretty prints!

xo Ashley

13. Kasey wrote:

Your room is so pretty the art looks great above the bed and I love all of the prints!

14. Sara wrote:

Wow I love the colors and aesthetic of this room! I am definitely going to use some of these ideas on my guest room.

xo Sara | http://www.saramagnolia.com

15. Sandy wrote:

I love the pillows!!!

Posted 1.6.17 Reply
  16. Anna English wrote:

This looks like the perfect refresh! The artwork really goes well with the headboard.

Posted 1.6.17 Reply
  17. Alice wrote:

Okay now I want to redo our guest room too! Love how well the art goes with the pillows!

xo,
    Alice at Lone Star Looking Glass

Posted 1.6.17 Reply
  18. Elise wrote:

your guest room is beautiful!!! can I come visit? 😉

Posted 1.6.17 Reply
  19. hanna wrote:

Thanks for the tips! Your guest room looks great –Like Hanna

Posted 1.6.17 Reply
  20. Angelle Marix wrote:

The clean and crisp decor is amazing. I am obsessed with the nightstand!!!! Love it all

xoxo,
    Angelle

Posted 1.7.17 Reply
  21. I love the pretty pops of blue!! Your home is so beautiful!

Jenna from http://www.visionsofvogue.com

Posted 1.8.17 Reply
  22. Lexi wrote:

We definitely need to put a little TLC into our guest room! Love the art prints and pillows in yours!

Posted 1.8.17 Reply
  23. Lacey wrote:

Love your guest room! Such a great idea to use the bar cart as a night stand. I never would have thought of that!

xo Lacey

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  24. basypham wrote:

I like your blog, it was simple, quick load and friendly!

Posted 1.10.17 Reply
  25. Emily wrote:

Love those pillow picks!

xo. L
    livingincolorblog.com

Posted 1.13.17 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50