Kitchen & Dining Room Tour

When Nick and I started searching for our first place together back in July there were a few things we knew we wanted our space to have. We wanted an open concept living space that had a lot of natural light. We also wanted a functional kitchen that had a lot of counter space and storage. Our current place has all of that and we couldn’t be happier about it!

We started from scratch when we moved in and decided to slowly fill our space with items that represented us and our style. We partnered with Havenly, an online interior design service, to design a functional dining area and I am thrilled with the way it turned out! We were very intentional about the items we purchased. All of the pieces can grow with us for years to come. I hope you enjoy this home decor post… there are plenty more in the works for 2017.

WOODEN EXTENSION DINING TABLE (comes with an extension) | DINING BENCH | NAILHEAD CHAIRS | MATTED PHOTO FRAMESWOVEN NAPKIN RING SET | NAPKIN SET | PLATES | SALT & PEPPER SHAKERSBRAIDED CHARGER | MERCURY GLASS HOLDER (cactus in it!)

We both love to cook and we spend a lot of time in our kitchen/dining area, so it was important to have a space that really felt like “home” to us. The Havenly team helped our vision come to life and we enjoy spending so much time in this area of our home now!

We went with a table that was pretty classic, but had industrial elements to it. It has a leaf, so can be extended to seat 8 people total, which will be great when we have a bigger home with an actual dining room. We decided to have bench seating on one side and it’s a great space saver! I love that both of these pieces can have a different look just by switching up the chairs.

The symmetrical gallery wall was Nick’s idea and it turned out incredibly well! I had my sister take a few photos of us to add to the wall. We had to have a photo of our little Charlie (of course!)  and the other two are places that have special meaning to us. Nespresso Espresso Maker | Nespresso Capsule Drawer | Glass Jars | Coffee MakerKitchen Aid Mixer (5 qt.) | Garden & Gun Cookbook
If you love to cook and try new recipes I highly suggest this cookbook! There are so many recipes for those who are well versed in the kitchen as well as those who are starting with “basic” meals! We have found many favorite meals from this cookbook.

We are so happy with how this space turned out and cannot wait to share the rest of our home with y’all! Now I’m off to run a million errands, I’m heading to Houston, Texas tomorrow bright and early for a good friends wedding! I’m so excited to celebrate them and catch up with some of my best friends!

1. Oh my gosh our kitchens look so similar, how funny!

xoxo
    Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

• Emily wrote:

I told you!!! When I saw your kitchen post I was like “whoa- that looks super familiar!”

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  2. Shelby wrote:

I am obsessed with your dining room! I wish my apartment had enough space for a table like that! I love the neutrals, so timeless and beautiful!

xo, Shelby

• Emily wrote:

Thanks so much Shelby, I’m all about the neutrals! XO

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  3. LOVE your dining table set! so classic & timeless!
    xx,
    Emma

4. Kim wrote:

Where is your neutral area rug from? I am looking for one similar that is sturdy and easy to clean! Thanks! Love the neutral design palette!

5. Nataly wrote:

You have a gorgeous home! I love these kinds of posts, so fun! xo, Nataly

• Emily wrote:

Thanks Nataly! Xx

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  6. Morgan wrote:

I think my favorite part is the black and white gallery wall!! You did a fabulous job on these rooms!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

• Emily wrote:

The gallery wall is my favorite as well! I love it!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  7. Maggie wrote:

That dining room is gorgeous! I love the chairs and bench combo!

Maggie

Posted 1.12.17 Reply
  8. Your kitchen and dining room look flawless! I love the neutral colors you used!

9. kate wrote:

Okay this looks AMAZING! Such a great space! Love the classic table.

10. It looks gorgeous! You did a great job!! XooX

11. Kim wrote:

Your Kitchen/Dining Room turned out SO cute! I love how you did the upholstered chairs/bench combo. Charlie totally needed to be included in your gallery wall…he is part of the family too! Can’t wait to see you this weekend!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 1.12.17 Reply
  12. Turn out great! I love Heavenly, a Denver based start up too! Can’t wait to use them when we buy a house

• Emily wrote:

Oh how fun! They are wonderful to work with!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  13. Love your pretty counters. I am working on redoing my dining room, and this is such great inspiration!

14. Shannon wrote:

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the chic simplicity of it all. You all did a great job!

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

15. Your kitchen is perfection! I love the table setting

xo,
    Lauryn

Posted 1.13.17 Reply
  16. Love that your sharing your home tour! And so love how you decorated. Have fun at the wedding, Emily!

xo, Amanda | http://www.thegoldengirldiary.com

Posted 1.13.17 Reply
  17. maria wrote:

your home is so beautiful

Posted 1.13.17 Reply
  18. I am so in love with the dining room space!! That wall looks amazing and every piece goes together so perfectly!!

Posted 1.13.17 Reply
  19. Maggie wrote:

I LOVE the cream accents!! And your gallery wall is gorgeous!

Posted 1.14.17 Reply
  20. Rachel wrote:

I love it! Your kitchen is so beautiful, I really love your little coffee setup, so cute!

xo Rachel – To Hell in a Handbag

Posted 1.15.17 Reply
  21. Your home is so adorable and bright. Beautiful post!

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
  22. Elise wrote:

It’s beautiful! Wow! Such a good colour palette – very calming. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
  23. Emily wrote:

What a gorgeous kitchen, lady!

xo, L
    livingincolorblog.com

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  24. Jaime wrote:

LOVE your dining room and kitchen!! Case and I are currently house hunting so this is super helpful!! Will def be using Havenly!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Best of luck to y’all! They were WONDERFUL to work with! Made everything so easy!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  25. OH MY GOD those black and white photo prints…I am OBSESSED. Em, that is GORGEOUS.

Coming Up Roses

Posted 1.20.17 Reply

• Today’s plan: soak up some ☀️ & get a bit more reading in before it’s time to head back home! 📚 Just started #theperfectgirlfriend and I’m already hooked! #enwreads Get all details here or in the @liketoknow.it app (I linked the book too!) http://liketk.it/2B9iy #liketkit #enwexplores #bookstagram
  • Being at the beach means it’s acceptable to eat oysters every night at happy hour, right?! #askingforafriend🙈 off to grab dinner & drinks with my love! Outfit details at the link in bio or in @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2B8Ie #liketkit #LTKsalealert #LTKunder50 #enwexplores
  • Weekend, we’re ready for ya! 🙌🏻we’re spending the weekend at my parent’s beach house & I couldn’t be happier about it! 👙🌴🌊 I plan on spending time by the pool reading, hanging in the jacuzzi & taking walks on the beach 🙌🏻 shop this look at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app (username emilynwilkinson) http://liketk.it/2B7dF #liketkit #enwexplores #charleston #toyotarav4 #rav4 #barringtongifts
  • It’s #nationalpetday and I’ll take any excuse to share pics of my sweet Charlie 💙 everyday is national Charlie day in our household 😹 Adopting Charlie 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. At the time I wasn’t a cat lady, but this little fatty has made me the craziest cat lady & I cannot imagine our lives without him!
Last month I had the pleasure of working with @localtoyotadealers on a campaign and we ended up donating $1000 to the Humane Society @hspiedmont in hopes of helping all the kitties & puppies get the help they need and find a furever home 💙#charliekittybaby #adoptdontshop #sogso #humanesociety
  • Cheers to 29 & the last year of my 20s! 🎉🥳🎈Looking forward to another year of fun, traveling & making a lot of memories! Chatting about my honest thoughts on getting older and sharing the things I want to do in my last year of my 20s today on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 feeling thankful to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends & family! #cheersto29 #happybirthday
  • Last night of bein’ 28! 🥳Off to dinner @1618seafoodgrille with my fam before I turn 29!
My top, sunglasses, earrings, bag & shoes are 20-25% off! Shop everything here http://liketk.it/2B2Ma @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkunder100