Kitchen & Dining Room Tour

When Nick and I started searching for our first place together back in July there were a few things we knew we wanted our space to have. We wanted an open concept living space that had a lot of natural light. We also wanted a functional kitchen that had a lot of counter space and storage. Our current place has all of that and we couldn’t be happier about it!

We started from scratch when we moved in and decided to slowly fill our space with items that represented us and our style. We partnered with Havenly, an online interior design service, to design a functional dining area and I am thrilled with the way it turned out! We were very intentional about the items we purchased. All of the pieces can grow with us for years to come. I hope you enjoy this home decor post… there are plenty more in the works for 2017.

WOODEN EXTENSION DINING TABLE (comes with an extension) | DINING BENCH | NAILHEAD CHAIRS | MATTED PHOTO FRAMESWOVEN NAPKIN RING SET | NAPKIN SET | PLATES | SALT & PEPPER SHAKERSBRAIDED CHARGER | MERCURY GLASS HOLDER (cactus in it!)

We both love to cook and we spend a lot of time in our kitchen/dining area, so it was important to have a space that really felt like “home” to us. The Havenly team helped our vision come to life and we enjoy spending so much time in this area of our home now!

We went with a table that was pretty classic, but had industrial elements to it. It has a leaf, so can be extended to seat 8 people total, which will be great when we have a bigger home with an actual dining room. We decided to have bench seating on one side and it’s a great space saver! I love that both of these pieces can have a different look just by switching up the chairs.

The symmetrical gallery wall was Nick’s idea and it turned out incredibly well! I had my sister take a few photos of us to add to the wall. We had to have a photo of our little Charlie (of course!)  and the other two are places that have special meaning to us. Nespresso Espresso Maker | Nespresso Capsule Drawer | Glass Jars | Coffee MakerKitchen Aid Mixer (5 qt.) | Garden & Gun Cookbook
If you love to cook and try new recipes I highly suggest this cookbook! There are so many recipes for those who are well versed in the kitchen as well as those who are starting with “basic” meals! We have found many favorite meals from this cookbook.

We are so happy with how this space turned out and cannot wait to share the rest of our home with y’all! Now I’m off to run a million errands, I’m heading to Houston, Texas tomorrow bright and early for a good friends wedding! I’m so excited to celebrate them and catch up with some of my best friends!

1. Oh my gosh our kitchens look so similar, how funny!

xoxo
    Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

• Emily wrote:

I told you!!! When I saw your kitchen post I was like “whoa- that looks super familiar!”

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  2. Shelby wrote:

I am obsessed with your dining room! I wish my apartment had enough space for a table like that! I love the neutrals, so timeless and beautiful!

xo, Shelby

• Emily wrote:

Thanks so much Shelby, I’m all about the neutrals! XO

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  3. LOVE your dining table set! so classic & timeless!
    xx,
    Emma

4. Kim wrote:

Where is your neutral area rug from? I am looking for one similar that is sturdy and easy to clean! Thanks! Love the neutral design palette!

5. Nataly wrote:

You have a gorgeous home! I love these kinds of posts, so fun! xo, Nataly

• Emily wrote:

Thanks Nataly! Xx

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  6. Morgan wrote:

I think my favorite part is the black and white gallery wall!! You did a fabulous job on these rooms!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

• Emily wrote:

The gallery wall is my favorite as well! I love it!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  7. Maggie wrote:

That dining room is gorgeous! I love the chairs and bench combo!

Maggie

Posted 1.12.17 Reply
  8. Your kitchen and dining room look flawless! I love the neutral colors you used!

9. kate wrote:

Okay this looks AMAZING! Such a great space! Love the classic table.

10. It looks gorgeous! You did a great job!! XooX

11. Kim wrote:

Your Kitchen/Dining Room turned out SO cute! I love how you did the upholstered chairs/bench combo. Charlie totally needed to be included in your gallery wall…he is part of the family too! Can’t wait to see you this weekend!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 1.12.17 Reply
  12. Turn out great! I love Heavenly, a Denver based start up too! Can’t wait to use them when we buy a house

• Emily wrote:

Oh how fun! They are wonderful to work with!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  13. Love your pretty counters. I am working on redoing my dining room, and this is such great inspiration!

14. Shannon wrote:

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the chic simplicity of it all. You all did a great job!

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

15. Your kitchen is perfection! I love the table setting

xo,
    Lauryn

Posted 1.13.17 Reply
  16. Love that your sharing your home tour! And so love how you decorated. Have fun at the wedding, Emily!

xo, Amanda | http://www.thegoldengirldiary.com

Posted 1.13.17 Reply
  17. maria wrote:

your home is so beautiful

Posted 1.13.17 Reply
  18. I am so in love with the dining room space!! That wall looks amazing and every piece goes together so perfectly!!

Posted 1.13.17 Reply
  19. Maggie wrote:

I LOVE the cream accents!! And your gallery wall is gorgeous!

Posted 1.14.17 Reply
  20. Rachel wrote:

I love it! Your kitchen is so beautiful, I really love your little coffee setup, so cute!

xo Rachel – To Hell in a Handbag

Posted 1.15.17 Reply
  21. Your home is so adorable and bright. Beautiful post!

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
  22. Elise wrote:

It’s beautiful! Wow! Such a good colour palette – very calming. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 1.16.17 Reply
  23. Emily wrote:

What a gorgeous kitchen, lady!

xo, L
    livingincolorblog.com

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  24. Jaime wrote:

LOVE your dining room and kitchen!! Case and I are currently house hunting so this is super helpful!! Will def be using Havenly!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Best of luck to y’all! They were WONDERFUL to work with! Made everything so easy!

Posted 1.17.17 Reply
  25. OH MY GOD those black and white photo prints…I am OBSESSED. Em, that is GORGEOUS.

Coming Up Roses

Posted 1.20.17 Reply

• Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there 💙 Feeling extra thankful that I have two father figures in my life who have filled my life with unconditional love, support & advice anytime I need it! I come from a divorced, blended family & I constantly count my blessings that all 4 of my parents get along so well! 🥰 I know these holidays can be hard for some, so just know that I’m sending hugs to all that are struggling today!💕 #happyfathersday photos: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Happy Saturday y’all 💙made it home from Connecticut, but still reminiscing on the fun summer kickoff event that was hosted by @sailtosable, @jackrogersusa , @palmbeachlately & @monogrammary! 🥂 It was filled with all the summer essentials: rosé 🍾, mini 🍔& 🌭, sparklers ✨& of course cute 👗just waiting to be taken on vacation! Had the BEST time catching up with blog friends & meeting some new faces, too! Definitely one of the best parts of blogging is the community & the friends I have made through it! 📸: @juliadags #enwexplores #setsailsummer #sailtosable
Shop our outfits with the #linkinbio OR with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2CzKr #liketkit
  • Puttin’ a little pep in my step this summer in the cutest sneakers 💙 these classic white @keds “ace” sneakers from @zappos are a go-to for summer travel & a pair perfectly with white jeans for a casual look! #ad #kedsstyle #zapposstyle shop this look at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2Cv2l
  • Happy Saturday, y’all! 🌸Sharing a snap from last weekend when the weather was ☀️for a fun shoot with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace! This weekend is rainy & gloomy, so I’m inside cuddling with Mr. Charlie and doing a bit of reading! What are y’all up to? 💙
Just a heads up this dress runs TTS & goes up to size 3x 👏🏻shop it at the link in bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cplt #liketkit #LTKwedding #LTKunder100
  • Can you believe the official start of summer is exactly 2 weeks away?! 👙🌊🍹I’m sharing my summer bucket list today on the blog (link in bio!) shop this look with the free @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2Cnhz #liketkit #enwexplores #amazonfashion #amazonfashionfinds #brixtonhat #jcrew
  • Half way through the week and I am counting down the days until I’m twirling into the weekend!🙌🏻💃🏼 this dress is vacay approved because it’s twirl worthy AND wrinkle proof (it would even be great for a wedding!) shop this dress at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2ClCH #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas #comeseek