My Word For 2017

With the start of each new year, I like to compile a list of goals or resolutions to accomplish. While I’d like to say I keep up with them every year, to be honest, they typically fall to the wayside. I get so busy and so caught up with life that I sometimes forget what resolutions I even set on January 1st.  Please tell me I’m not the only one….

As I’m coming up with my goals I also like to reflect on the previous year. I like to think about what went well, what didn’t, and what I can still improve on. 2016 was one of my favorite years to date (you can read my favorite moments of 2016 here) I worked my butt off and accomplished many of my goals, both personally and professionally. That’s not to say there weren’t struggles, because believe me, there were. There were times I let certain situations get the best of me. There were times I felt insecure and there were definitely times I felt not good enough. But, as always, I pushed through and came out better than I was at the beginning of the year. That counts for something, right?!

Anyways, as I was thinking about 2017 I decided I want to do things a bit differently this year.  For 2017 I wanted to come up with one single word to live my year by. There were a few that I had come up with, but one kept popping up in the back of my mind. The word I chose can be applied to every aspect of my life. So without further adieu, my word for the year is…..

intention(al).

I want every part of my life to have purpose. I want to live in such a way that every step is intentional and getting me one step closer to where I want to be. My resolution this year is to live with the best intentions in every aspect of my life. I want to be intentional with my time. Some days I feel like I don’t use my time efficiently. I want to be more organized so that I am being purposeful with my time. Speaking of time, I want to be intentional on how I spend my time. I admit, I am attached to my cellphone. And sometimes that makes me miss out on someone’s company or a special moment. This year I want to be better about that. I want to be able to enjoy moments as they’re happening and not behind my phone screen. I want to be intentional about the content I bring to Life With Emily. I want to bring content that you all want to see and enjoy… and that I enjoy producing. And I want to be intentional with my relationships. I want to deepen those relationships and continue building a solid foundation with friends and family. Being intentional in all aspects of my life with help me accomplish goals that I set for myself throughout the year.

WHITE TRAY | MUG | CANDLE | NOTEBOOK

1. hanna wrote:

I’m terrible at keeping resolutions from the new year too. Maybe I’ll do better this year –Like Hanna

Posted 1.4.17 Reply
  2. Elle wrote:

Love this idea Emily! Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year! 2017 is going to be a great one for you!
    xo elle // https://splashofpreppy.com

Posted 1.4.17 Reply
  3. I love your word for 2017! I did this same theme, I have my goals to work toward this year but ultimately, a theme word helps you focus so much more clearly on the year. It puts you in a perspective to be able to accomplish so much more. Here’s to 2017!

Posted 1.4.17 Reply
  4. I absolutely LOVE this idea and I think living with more intention is something we all can work on! Now to think of what word I’m going to use this year! Thanks for the inspiration!

Posted 1.4.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

There’s a really awesome website (I found it when I googled one word resolution) called oneword365 and it provides SO many good words!

Posted 1.4.17 Reply
  5. Stesha wrote:

That is a great word, I like goals and ways of life more than resolutions, intentional is a great way of thinking! Happy New Year!

xx,
    Stesha

Posted 1.4.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thanks lady! PS just saw your exciting news- that’s amazing Good luck!! 🙂

Posted 1.4.17 Reply
  6. Meghan wrote:

I am the same. While I do my best to get the job done, I don’t just the time efficiently myself. I am working on getting a good routine going thats healthy as well.

Meghan | beyondbasicblog.com

Posted 1.4.17 Reply
  7. Katie Lee wrote:

You’re definitely not the only one! Keeping up with resolutions for a whole year is hard! I love the one word thing and you chose a perfect one! Definitely an easy reminder for every day life.

xo!
    Katie

Posted 1.4.17 Reply
  8. Shannon wrote:

LOVE this idea! I’m the same way with goals and resolutions, I write them all down, but quickly forget about them. The idea of just having a word sounds doable.

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

Posted 1.4.17 Reply
  9. Love your word and this idea so much better than setting unrealistic resolutions. Resolutions are so 2016….Intention is where it’s at for the new year!! 🙂

Posted 1.5.17 Reply
  10. Emily wrote:

Intention is a great thing to focus on! <3

xo, L
    livingincolorblog.com

Posted 1.6.17 Reply

• Happy 31st birthday to my favorite person in the entire world! 🎉🎂🥰 I feel so lucky to have you as my husband & soulmate! Thank you for being you, allowing me to be me & for always making life fun and entertaining!! I am SO excited for this next year (and all the years to come!) and can’t wait to see what this year brings you! Cheers to many more, my love! Love you most 🍾😘 #happybirthday #marriage #enwexplores
  • What’s your go-to TV show to binge?! 📺 I am always a fan of Friends - but some of my favs include Veep, A Million Little Things & Parenthood to name a few! I’m teaming up with @scottiestissues to share all my favorite binge-worthy TV shows whether you need a good cry or you want to laugh til you cry, they’ll have ya covered! #scottiesstyle #scottiescomfort #myscottiesstyle [sponsored]
  • If only every day looked something like this! Unfortunately that wasn’t the case for my Monday!🌴🍹🌊 instead it was spent catching up on emails and work all day! Still dreaming of the beautiful weather on #perfectdayatcococay 🙌🏻 can we go back already, @royalcaribbean?! 🛳 #enwexplores #navigatoroftheseas
This swimsuit coverup is $20 and comes in 8 colors! Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app (just search emilynwilkinson)
  • One of my favorite parts about vacation is being able to relax with a good book in hand 📚🙌🏻 The #navigatoroftheseas has so many peaceful areas to relax, unwind & read a few pages - file that under a success! Admittedly, I didn’t read as much as I would have liked (because there was SO much to see & do!) but I’m glad that I got to read @marykayandrews newest book!
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BVxC #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #enwexplores @royalcaribbean #marykayandrews #stmartinspress
  • Sitting here wishing that a) I was still on #NavigatoroftheSeas 🛳 b) that my laundry would do itself and c) that I could wear this lil cute matching set daily! 😊 Spending the day catching up on life & cuddling with Mr. Charlie! 🐱#enwexplores
Shop this look at the link in my bio or with the free @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BU05 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKtravel
  • Ready to seas the day on #navigatoroftheseas 🌊🍹I don’t think that will be a problem being pool side with a drink in hand 🙌🏻 this @royalcaribbean ship has so many cute & colorful seating areas where you can relax but still be part of all the action! 🍾👏🏻
This cute little swim coverup is only $20 and so adorable! I got SO many compliments on it! And I’m never not wearing my tried & true wide brim hat! Shop details at link in bio or with @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2BStC @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKtravel #LTKswim #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50