Wedding Wednesday: Our Engagement Photos

In my last Wedding Wednesday post I shared tips for taking engagement photos & how to plan the perfect outfits (you can read it here). Today I’m sooo excited to share some photos from our engagement shoot with you!

I think I’ve mentioned it before, but when we got engaged in December we decided to wait until the spring to take our engagement photos. We wanted to wait until everything was in bloom and be able to plan the session a bit. We were supposed to take our photos at the end of March, but it got rained out. As luck would have it, our rescheduled day was absolutely gorgeous and the weather couldn’t have been more perfect!

Anyways, when we started planning we chose our locations first before deciding on our outfits. We decided on two locations that were sentimental to us and one place that I pass by daily and always thought was serene and pretty! The garden where we took our first set of photos holds so many precious memories. When we dated in high school, we would often come to the garden to talk, walk around the paths, and just hang out away from everything else. Years later it’s still a place that we love going back to, so this location was an obvious choice! The second location is a place where we go often for brunch, dinner & drinks. We have always loved the atmosphere and the area has a lot of cute spots for photos. Come October it will hold an even more special meaning for us!

And of course, I can’t share these without praising our photographer, Alexa. To be honest, Nick and I were both a little bit nervous to take these photos. Like any normal human, we have insecurities and these kind of photos are different than what we’re used to (Nick doesn’t like photos in general haha). With that being said, she made us both feel so incredibly comfortable and at ease during the session! She did an amazing job at capturing us as a couple and our love for one another. It’s safe to say we are going to cherish these photos forever. We received them on my birthday and cried when I opened them because they were so beautiful and so “us!” And duh, I’ve looked at them no fewer than 512098 times since she sent them over.

Ok so now that I’ve rambled, here are some of our favorites! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Photos by Alexa’s Photography

1. Caley wrote:

Absolutely stunning – all of them! x

2. Elle wrote:

EMILY! I am obsessed. You know I was dying to see these. Every picture is stunning and y’all look so happy!
    xo elle // https://splashofpreppy.com

• Emily wrote:

You are too sweet Elle! Thank you SO much!! I was dying to share them haha!

3. Zelle wrote:

These are STUNNING! These are just perfect!

Zelle

• Emily wrote:

Thank you so much, friend! We were so excited to see them!

4. Morgan wrote:

My goodness Emily .. these could not be any better!!! NAILED IT! You should immediately print some of these to hang around the house haha!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

• Emily wrote:

Thanks Morgan!! We were SO excited for them! I told Nick I wanted to frame every single one of them hahaha

Posted 4.19.17 Reply
  5. These are so sweet! I love the dressy ones. They all turned out so great!

Posted 4.19.17 Reply
  6. You two look so natural together in front of the camera! That is hard to do!

7. Nataly wrote:

Your photos turned out amazing!

8. Jessica wrote:

These photos are so gorgeous and adorable! You guys are the cutest couple. Congratulations!
    xo Jessica

9. Kelssey Layton wrote:

These pictures are absolutely stunning!! Of course I LOVE all of the outfits but the LOVE between you two is so evident!!

10. Kristina wrote:

The same thing happened to us- got rained out then had THE most beautiful weather. And I love these photos- y’all look so happy and in love!

xo, Kristina

11. maria wrote:

you guys are precious

12. Maggie wrote:

These photos are so stunning! Remembering this special time is the best – we have our engagement photos around our house and I smile every time I see them!

Maggie

13. Ashley DTKAustin wrote:

Y’all look absolutely amazing and so in love!! All of these photos are adorable!!

Posted 4.19.17 Reply
  14. aww, so sweet. i love the one where the sun beam is coming in, you guys just look super happy and relaxed there.
    b

15. Rita wrote:

Absolutely stunning pictures! You both look amazing. You have a beautiful smile.

Rita | http://www.styleroundtheclock.com

16. Anna English wrote:

These pictures are perfect! Y’all look amazing!

Posted 4.20.17 Reply
  17. Hannah wrote:

Oh Wow! I am obsessed! These photos are beautiful! You both look so great:)

xoxo, Hannah

Posted 4.20.17 Reply
  18. Jessica wrote:

These engagement photos are so beautiful. In love with your outfits and the hair and makeup are perfectly done.

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

Posted 4.25.17 Reply

• Men are always the *hardest* people to shop for, right?! 🤷🏼‍♀️🎁 If you’re still struggling with what to get the guy (husband, s.o, dad, etc) in your life - check out the new @barringtongifts canvas captain’s bag! I got one for Nick this fall & he has used it a ton already! I’m sharing all the details on lifewithemilyblog.com & my men’s gift guide will be up tomorrow! Shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2I4cG @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKfamily #LTKholidaygiftguide #mensgifts #mensgiftideas #giftideasforhim #barringtongifts #barrington
  • Twirling into a new week 🖤 I have this thing for leopard print & I can’t get enough of this shimmery leopard print skirt! It’s under $75 & would be perfect for holiday parties! Shop this look at the link in my bio or here: http://liketk.it/2HXQ5 #liketkit @liketoknow.it #LTKholidaystyle #gibsonxhisugarplum #holidayoutfits #holidayoutfitideas #nordstrom
  • It’s the holiday season, which means plenty of travel coming up! ✈️🚙 We’re heading on vacation at the end of the month 🌴 & I’ll be packing some @verabradley essentials, including my large spinner suitcase and the blush & brush cosmetic case. [ad] I’ve been traveling with Vera Bradley items since I was about 10 (hello, you *had* to have the duffel! 💁🏼‍♀️) and I love that their pieces are so functional & high quality! See more of my travel picks in my stories & shop this at the link in my bio! #verabradley #enwexplores #holidaytravel
  • There’s still a few hours to shop @serenaandlily’s 25% off sale! 🎉 It’s a great time to get home gifts for those you love (and maybe a few items for yourself, too!) I grabbed a few sets of these coaster sets to give as gifts this holiday season! 💙 Shop the coasters, tray & a few other SL products I own and love here: http://liketk.it/2HMdm @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkhome #serenaandlily #slpartner #giftidea #homedecor #homegifts
  • Our 2019 holiday cards arrived from @zola & we love them! ❤️ we went with simple this year (and even used a self-timer to take the pic!) and the customization process with Zola was incredibly simple as well! 🙌🏻 you can get your holiday cards 50% off with code ZOLAHOLIDAY50 🙌🏻✨🎄#Zola #zolaholiday #christmascards
  • ‘Tis the season!🎄hope you all had a great holiday yesterday! I’m now in full Christmas mode (let’s be real, our house has been decorated for a few weeks now haha!) ✨ we got a second tree this year & I’m so in love with our @kingofchristmas flocked tree! Get a discount with code EmilyNWilkinson 💙 shop everything here (my top & jeans are on sale!) http://liketk.it/2Hz62 @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKholidayathome #blackfriday #holidaydecor #kingofchristmas #blackfridaysale #abercrombiestyle #christmasdecor