Wedding Wednesday: The Knot Beauty Shoot

Back in February, I headed to NYC for a few days for a really exciting project with The Knot’s national wedding magazine! I have partnered with The Knot for certain parts of our wedding, but was extremely honored to be part of this amazing shoot with three other fabulous influencers!

In years past, The Knot has used models for their annual Beauty Issue, but this year they decided to use digital influencers, who are engaged, to share their beauty secrets & bridal plans! For me, this was such a surreal moment and incredible opportunity and I’m so excited to share some behind-the-scenes shots with you all today!

6:00 a.m. | Wake up, get ready and get rid of all the nerves…. this is so different than anything I’ve ever done, so I’m a bit nervous! Drink a few cups of coffee to feel “awake” and grab a cab to Pure Space Studios

8:00 a.m. | Call time for all four influencers. I was in great company with Claudia Oshry (Girl With No Job), Robin Arzon  (athlete & author of Shut Up & Run), and Skylar Diggins (point guard for the WNBA Dallas Wings). We chatted all things wedding over breakfast together before the shoot day started. It was so nice to meet other engaged women and chat all  about many wedding moments and frustrations! 🙂

9:00 a.m. | All four of us alternated between hair, makeup, wardrobe, and nails. Everyone on the crew was so incredibly friendly that my nervousness immediately faded… which is good because I was in for a long day!

From about 9 o’clock on we prepped for shooting. It’s amazing to see everything be set up, built, and come to life throughout the day! We had each answered a few questions prior to the shoot and based on those answers they gave us certain beauty looks! It was really fun to get out of my comfort zone for hair and makeup for the day!

12:00 p.m. | We took a break for lunch that was catered in the studio. Since I had an early start I was already super hungry! I’ll never say no to food haha 😉

After lunch each of us finished going through hair, makeup, and wardrobe to begin shooting our individual looks! Skylar was the first to begin shooting and it was so fun to see everyone in their element working their magic. I’m not exaggerating when I say that all of the crew was incredible to work with. They did a great job of making everyone feel comfortable and confident!  Fun fact: I had actually selected a different hairstyle and outfit at first and wasn’t feeling 100% confident when I began to photograph it….no problem! They immediately made fixes so that I felt 100% me & confident!

Each person shot with the photographer for about two hours to get “the” shots! After every few shots the hair and makeup teams would come in and freshen everything up! I’ll admit, it took me a bit for me to get out of my shell, but once I did it was so.much.fun.

6:00 p.m. | Right before it was my turn to shoot we did a few videos for promo and TV surrounding the shoot! I think that had me more nervous than anything haha! I’m really excited to see the final video (and hope I wasn’t too embarrassing!!)

7:45 p.m. | I was officially done shooting, we had the shot, and the day was a success! I had an absolute blast and it’s definitely something I’ll remember forever, especially during such a wonderful chapter of my life! I love that I can look back on being engaged and prepping for our wedding forever 🙂

After the shoot I was on cloud nine! I had been texting Nick all day throughout the shoot but I couldn’t wait to call him and tell him every awesome detail! Needless to say the last three months I have been anxiously awaiting for the magazine to hit newsstands! I got the magazine last week and I seriously was SO ecstatic to receive it! Nick was in shock at the spread and was so incredibly supportive & proud!

WEARING IN THE SHOOT | Monique Lhuiller top, Cos Stores skirt, Martin Flyer & Graziela Gems bracelets, Manolo Blahnik shoes, and Anastasia lip color in shade”Kathryn.”

HUGE THANK YOU TO THE CREW | Ari Michelson Photography, Johnny Lichtenstein Styling, Mark Anthony Hair, Makeup by Daniella, Sarah Kay Love Photo, Green Catering & The Knot team.

This post is in partnership with The Knot. All thoughts and writing are my own.

1. Jenny wrote:

Emily!!!! This is amazing, you look gorgeous. So so proud of you! They couldn’t have asked a better person to feature. Most beautiful bride ever!

2. Ashley wrote:

You look beautiful Emily!! That had to be one of the coolest opportunities. I can’t wait to pick a copy up and see it all in person!

3. Morgan wrote:

I need to go buy it so I can read your spread!! What an awesome opportunity girl!! So proud and happy for you!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

4. I am so happy for you! This looks like so much fun. 🙂

5. jessica wrote:

Would it be totally weird if I went and bought this magazine….so proud of you!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

6. Lindsay wrote:

That is amazing. You look gorgeous!! What to way to have special memories during this special time in your life.
    Lindsay | sell Eat love

7. Alex wrote:

I’m not kidding, you look absolutely stunning in the shot, sweet friend!! SO excited for you and loved your interview in the spread. xx

8. Elizabeth wrote:

Sounds like such a busy day – but yet so fun!
    Xo, Elizabeth

9. hanna wrote:

This is so cool! –Hanna Lei

10. Rach wrote:

Omg what an amazing experience!! You looked beautiful!

Posted 5.3.17 Reply
  11. Girl, this is so amazing. You are killing it! Looking so gorg with those curls!

12. Ce wrote:

So fun and so beautiful!!!! Any chance you can link those adorable tan block heels in one of the last images? Dying over those, too! Xo

13. Kayleigh wrote:

This is so amazing and look at all of those stunning pieces! What a great experience for you!

14. Kim Pincombe-Cole wrote:

Wow!!! You are STUNNING in this piece! So excited for you… 👏🏻

15. Rita wrote:

You look absolutely stunning! Such an amazing opportunity.
    Rita | http://www.styleroundtheclock.com

16. Megan wrote:

I squealed in excitement when I saw this! So happy for you girl.
    Also, you look stunning!

Megan | http://www.pipmegan.com

17. Kim wrote:

You look absolutely STUNNING friend! Such a cool opportunity and I loved that you got to share it with us. Can’t wait to check out the magazine!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 5.4.17 Reply
  18. Kelsey wrote:

oh my gosh what an amazing experience!! You look stunning!

xo Kelsey | http://www.chasingcinderellablog.com

Posted 5.4.17 Reply
  19. Emily wrote:

this sounds like such an amazing experience! you look gorgeous, too!

xo Emily

Posted 5.4.17 Reply
  20. Ashley Hargrove wrote:

This looks like so much fun! You look great!

Posted 5.4.17 Reply
  21. Maggie wrote:

Seriously this is SO cool!! Congrats girl!! I will have to pick up the issue to see you! xo

Posted 5.4.17 Reply
  22. Molly wrote:

Emily! This is so amazing! Congrats on such a fantastic opportunity!

Posted 5.7.17 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬