Wedding Wednesday: Our Save the Dates

Now that our save the dates have officially been stuffed, stamped, and delivered to our wedding guests, I’m excited to share them with you for today’s Wedding Wednesday post! After we received our engagement photos back in April, we knew we wanted to use one of the photos for our save the dates.

Obviously there are a ton of places to purchase save the dates, but we decided to use Minted! I have used Minted for everything from party invites to holiday cards and have always been extremely pleased with the quality, so for me it was a no-brainer!We were both SO excited to send out save the date cards, but had a really hard time figuring out what we wanted (photo vs. no photo…and if a photo, which one!) and the look we wanted. This is the first thing people are seeing in regards to our wedding, so we wanted it to not only look great but to represent us well as a couple!

Once Nick & I had narrowed it down to the photo we wanted to use we uploaded it to Minted so we could see how it would look on save the date cards. This is hands down one of my favorite parts of Minted’s site. I’m a very visual person, so being able to see the photo on hundreds of save the dates helped me to narrow down the options. Bonus: the “find it fast” option also saves a lot of time because I’m not having to constantly go back and forth uploading photos to different templates!We ended up choosing the Swell Foil-Pressed Save the Date Cards and I nearly squealed when we got them in the mail because they are so gorgeous! The front contains details such as our names, date, and city. On the back we opted to add text that mentioned our wedding website & accommodations so that our guests could go ahead and book travel. We also added the Skinny Wrap Address Labels as a fun touch!Another one of my favorite features on Minted (that initially sold me years ago!) is their address assistant & free recipient addressing! When we first began gathering everyone’s addresses, we downloaded their template in order to input them all. Once we had everyone’s we simply uploaded the file & all of the addresses were there and ready to be printed! If someone’s address or information changes, we can easily update it within their Address Assistant! This also saved a lot of time because once we received them all we had to do was stuff & seal the envelopes!

MINTED GOLD-FOIL SAVE THE DATE CARDS | NETTLE TEXTILES RAW SILK RIBBON | THE MRS. BOX

Once we received the save the dates in the mail, Nick and I made a whole night of getting them ready to be sent out! We grabbed a bottle of our favorite wine, turned on a Netflix show and sat on the couch stuffing envelopes. I know this is a small thing, but we’ve really enjoyed taking in even the small moments together throughout the wedding planning process. It’s been fun to make joint decisions, laugh over wedding stresses & just enjoy this season of life together!  If you’re on the fence about where to order from, whether it be save the dates, invitations, holiday cards, etc. I really cannot say enough good things about Minted! We actually had an issue arise with the Skinny Wrap Labels leaving off our city/state/zipcode (even though the proof showed it) and in one quick phone call their customer service team had fixed the issue & overnighted the new ones to us so that we could still send them out in a timely manner! Color me impressed haha!

This post is sponsored by Minted. All thoughts, styling & writing are my own.

1. Kristina wrote:

I used them for my Save-the-Dates too. They look amazing!!

xo, Kristina

Posted 5.24.17 Reply
  2. We went through Minted too! Yours came out so cute

Mindy I AMIXOFMIN.COM

Posted 5.24.17 Reply
  3. Lily wrote:

LOVE the way these turned out! Minted is awesome and THE place to go, for sure.
    The picture y’all went with is beautiful. Congrats girl!
    xo, Lily | beautywithlily.com

Posted 5.24.17 Reply
  4. Kate wrote:

So cute! Just curious – did you do a custom stamp? I didn’t love the USPS options when we were preparing to mail our save the dates earlier this month, but went with the Quilled Paper Heart USPS stamp anyway since the custom stamps are pricey and that particular USPS stamp worked well with our envelope design. I’ve been asking others what they’ve done in the past for their save the dates/invites so we can hopefully find a stamp we both love for when the invites go out.

Posted 5.24.17 Reply
  5. hanna wrote:

These look so pretty –Hanna Lei

Posted 5.24.17 Reply
  6. your save the dates are adorable!! cutest couple ever!

Posted 5.24.17 Reply
  7. April wrote:

Your cards are so pretty! I love Minted! We have used them several times for our Christmas cards.

Posted 5.24.17 Reply
  8. Caroline wrote:

Love them! They look so good, and I love Minted too! Use them for everything!

Posted 5.24.17 Reply
  9. Morgan wrote:

Could not have picked a sweeter picture of the two of you! Looks beautiful!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 5.25.17 Reply
  10. Sandy a la Mode wrote:

These came out SO beautifully! I love them, I love seeing save the dates because they’re always so pretty haha!

Posted 5.25.17 Reply
  11. These are so pretty! I love the gold border!

Posted 5.25.17 Reply
  12. miriam wrote:

how exciting! they came out so good!
    minted is the best!

Posted 5.25.17 Reply
  13. Mollie wrote:

Omg Emily these save the dates are sooo gorgeous! I love Minted!

xx Mollie

Posted 5.26.17 Reply

These are so pretty! What an exciting time!

Liz

Posted 5.26.17 Reply
  15. Such a classic design choice! Love the gold foil 🙂

Birdie Shoots

Posted 5.31.17 Reply

• All smiles because we’re almost to the weekend 🙌🏻 chatting about my favorite recent accessories and how they can totally elevate an outfit today on lifewithemilyblog.com ✨ ps check out IG stories for a funny blooper 😂

Shop this look at the link in bio or in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2zo0f @liketoknow.it #liketkit #abercrombiestyle
  • Girls trips with my #bloggersdotravel gals are my favorite 💙 recapping our trip to Charleston today, including what we did, where we ate & drank and sharing our stay at @hotelbellagrace! #enwexplores #explorecharleston #charleston #hotelbellagrace photo: @julielivingstonphotography
  • A new year, a new set of books to obsess over 📚 at the beginning of a new year I always like to write out the most anticipated books of the year (& add them to my @goodreads list!) to make sure that I read them! Let me just say, soooo many good books to look forward to in 2019 y’all 🙌🏻 starting with the lineup of @booksparks two reading challenges, #wrc2019 & #yawrc2019! If you need me, you know where to find me.... with my nose in a book! 🤓 #enwreads
  • Just wanted to send a thank you to everyone for your very sweet comments on yesterday’s post 💕 I read every single one. They were truly appreciated & a bright light on a heartbreaking day for our family. I’m so thankful for this amazing community!
  • It is with a heavy heart that we had to say goodbye to our sweet family dog, Dingo, earlier today.💔To say our family is absolutely heartbroken would be an understatement. Animals are family & it’s always hard to send them over the 🌈 bridge. We had a great 7.5 years with our sweet little man and our family won’t be complete without him. 😭 It has definitely been a no-good-very-bad Monday.
  • My weekends are always booked 😉📚A *highly* requested blog post is live on lifewithemilyblog.com 📚Sharing the best books I read in 2018 (sharing 30 out of 100!) would love for you to weigh in on the best book you read this past year! #enwreads

Shop 15 of the 30 books here: http://liketk.it/2zjvM #liketkit, blog post linked in stories & in my bio!