Wedding Wednesday: What to Include on Your Wedding Website

Happy Wednesday, friends! Has this seemed like the slowest week for anyone else? My to-do list is about a mile long, so maybe that’s why! I leave on Sunday for a family trip and when I come back we will have exactly three months until our wedding day… crazy to think about! Anyways, today I wanted to share a new wedding related post with you guys! Since our wedding weekend is getting closer, we’ve been adding more and more information to our wedding website. Today I’m partnering with The Knot to share what to include on your wedding website!

Your wedding website is a really important source of information for your guests. Taking the time to create one (it’s free!) will not only help answer their questions, but it will make your life easier as well! As a bride (or groom) you have enough on your plate as it is, so hopefully your wedding website will stop you from being bombarded with questions from every aunt, uncle, and friend!  1. WEDDING DATE & LOCATION | One of the first questions newly engaged couples receive is “when’s the date?” Adding your wedding date and the city and state of the wedding is helpful to your guests who want to plan ahead.

2. THE PROPOSAL STORY | You may have told your closest friends and family all of the proposal details, but others may only know bits and pieces… so share your story! Those who are coming to your wedding want to know how the proposal happened! Plus, it’s always nice to brag on your fiancé for how cute or thoughtful the proposal was.

3. TRAVEL ACCOMMODATIONS | This is one of the most important pieces of information to include on your wedding website. Since many of your guests will likely be coming from out of town, work on getting a hotel block early on so your guests can plan for the trip. If you have a block of rooms at a specific hotel be sure to include the link or the promo code so that your guests can get the correct rate. Don’t forget to include the deadline date to book the rooms if there is one.

4. FAQ SECTION | Having a FAQ section is a really great way to answer a lot of the questions your guests will be asking! You can touch on dress code, things to do, transportation, the menu, etc. in this section. If there is something your guest may not know about the area or venue, be sure to include it here (i.e. if it’s chilly at that time of year, etc. be sure to let your guests know).
5. THINGS TO DO | This is a great way to show your guests the city where you’re getting married! If you and your fiancé have special places as a couple, include them! Guests will love that you took the extra step to list off things to do and why you enjoy them! This is something Nick and I still have to check off of our list… luckily we have a bit of time 🙂

6. REGISTRIES | Obviously, your guests presence is the best gift they could give, but you are welcome to include our registry lists if you feel inclined. You can see my top registry items here (Tip: When Nick and I made our registries at different stores, they suggested we register for similar items at different retailers so that your guests have options at different stores AND price points!) A lot of couples will also use this space to include “non-registries” like Zola or a Honeymoon Fund!

7. SOCIAL INFO | If you have a wedding hashtag be sure to mention it so that your guests can partake in the fun. This is also a great time to mention an “unplugged ceremony” (which we are having and highly encourage!) or any other best practices that your church or venue require.

OPTIONAL BUT NOT REQUIRED…

• PHOTOS | Photos are not required for your wedding website, but it’s a great way to share your favorite photos, engagement photos, and memories that you have made as a couple!
  • WEDDING PARTY | You don’t have to include photos or descriptions of the people in your wedding party, but since guests may be interacting with them at a bridal/couples shower or throughout the weekend it’s a good idea to share who they are and what their role is in your wedding!
  • WEEKEND TIMELINE | You can always include a wedding timeline for your guests, but this isn’t necessary. If you opt to not include this on your website, you can add it to your welcome bags for your guests! Tip: If you opt to add a timeline on your website, only include items that all wedding guests can attend (i.e. not rehearsal or rehearsal dinner)
  • RSVPs | If you and our guests are very tech savvy then feel free to have your guests RSVP directly on your wedding website (with instructions on your invite). Some people, myself included, prefer a paper invite…so it totally depends on you as a couple and your guests.

At the end of the day, your wedding is all about you and your fiancé as a couple and being able to share that with your guests is the best! I hope y’all found this helpful! Thanks for stopping by. xo

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

1. Such an informative post! I’ve always wanted a closer look into the wedding planners. Is that one an Erin Condren?

xo, Amanda | http://www.thegoldengirdiary.com

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thanks so much Amanda! Yes, this one is the Erin Condren wedding planner. I’ll actually have a blog post about it in August! 🙂

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
  2. Megan wrote:

Such a great post!! Love that wedding notebook on your desk!! 😍

xo megan

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
  3. Annie wrote:

I loved this post! So informative. Definitely things to remember when I get married one day!

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
  4. Love your practical step-by-step tips for a wedding website. I’ll have to bookmark this one. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
  5. hanna wrote:

An FAQ section is such a good idea! –Hanna Lei

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
  6. Rach wrote:

These are great tips! Definitely followed these steps when I was planning my wedding!

Posted 6.28.17 Reply

This will be a post I’ll have to save for the future! Great tips, girly!

Posted 6.29.17 Reply
  8. Lacey wrote:

Love this! I hate when you are attending a wedding and seriously can’t find any info on the site or the invitation other than location and time… it’s such a struggle! So excited to see your big day come together!

xx,

Lacey//theglittergospelblog.com

Posted 6.29.17 Reply
  9. Wedding websites are so popular to do now. I wish I would’ve done one 3 years ago when I got married.

xx,
    Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com

Posted 6.29.17 Reply
  10. Lindsay wrote:

I would have never thought to have a wedding website! Such a clever idea!

Posted 7.4.17 Reply
  11. Sydney wrote:

My cousin did a wedding website and it was awesome!

Posted 7.4.17 Reply
  12. Hannah wrote:

Such great tips! I will 100% have to read this again when I get engaged!

xoxo, Hannah

Posted 7.5.17 Reply

• Happy Saturday y’all! I cannot get enough of these printed shorts! Wishing it was warm enough today to wear them 💙It’s a gloomy, rainy day here so I’m planning on relaxing inside with a good book! 🙌🏻 what are your weekend plans? Shop everything at the link in my bio or in the @liketoknow.it app! http://liketk.it/2BhU9 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #anthropologie #everydaymadewell #madewellnc
  • What are the go-to apps you use on your phone?! 📱Sharing my favorite apps for business & personal use on lifewithemilyblog.com! 💓 shop everything at link in bio or here: http://liketk.it/2Bf5j @liketoknow.it #liketkit #phonecase #iphoneapps
  • Today’s plan: soak up some ☀️ & get a bit more reading in before it’s time to head back home! 📚 Just started #theperfectgirlfriend and I’m already hooked! #enwreads Get all details here or in the @liketoknow.it app (I linked the book too!) http://liketk.it/2B9iy #liketkit #enwexplores #bookstagram
  • Being at the beach means it’s acceptable to eat oysters every night at happy hour, right?! #askingforafriend🙈 off to grab dinner & drinks with my love! Outfit details at the link in bio or in @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2B8Ie #liketkit #LTKsalealert #LTKunder50 #enwexplores
  • Weekend, we’re ready for ya! 🙌🏻we’re spending the weekend at my parent’s beach house & I couldn’t be happier about it! 👙🌴🌊 I plan on spending time by the pool reading, hanging in the jacuzzi & taking walks on the beach 🙌🏻 shop this look at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app (username emilynwilkinson) http://liketk.it/2B7dF #liketkit #enwexplores #charleston #toyotarav4 #rav4 #barringtongifts
  • It’s #nationalpetday and I’ll take any excuse to share pics of my sweet Charlie 💙 everyday is national Charlie day in our household 😹 Adopting Charlie 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. At the time I wasn’t a cat lady, but this little fatty has made me the craziest cat lady & I cannot imagine our lives without him!
Last month I had the pleasure of working with @localtoyotadealers on a campaign and we ended up donating $1000 to the Humane Society @hspiedmont in hopes of helping all the kitties & puppies get the help they need and find a furever home 💙#charliekittybaby #adoptdontshop #sogso #humanesociety