Summer Neutrals

It’s no secret around here that I am a lover of neutrals. My closet is filled with neutral pieces that can be worn and styled many different ways. Since it’s been so hot I’ve been reaching for light pieces that I can throw on & go! I have been a big fan of summer sweaters this season and this sleeveless sweater caught my eye because of the cute detailing. And obviously I paired it with my favorite denim shorts…. I cannot stop wearing them 😉

And I can’t go without talking about the accessories… this tote is perfect for everything from running errands to days at the pool/beach! I really like it because the bottom holds it’s shape (unlike some bags). I have been wearing these knotted sandals all summer long. They go with everything and are very comfortable!

On another note, We are heading back home from our trip and we have a very long travel day ahead! This trip had been planned for over two years and it was worth all of the planning because it was a trip of a lifetime! It was a fun last trip as a “kid” with my family before Nick and I get married in a few short months! We definitely made memories that I will never forget  🙂 I cannot wait to share the photos & our trip with y’all!

SLEEVELESS SWEATER | DENIM SHORTS | KNOTTED SANDALS  (on sale for less than $40) | OVERSIZED TOTE | QUAY SUNGLASSES | STATEMENT EARRINGS

1. Elle wrote:

Love the neutrals and such a simple look! Safe travels home! xo elle

Posted 7.18.17 Reply
  2. Kristina wrote:

Those earrings are fabulous!! And can’t wait to hear all about your trip 🙂

xo, Kristina

Posted 7.18.17 Reply
  3. Natali wrote:

Perfect tote and earrings, you’re looking so pretty in this casual combo!

Posted 7.18.17 Reply
  4. Annie wrote:

I pinned a GIGi NY purse you showed from 2014 and you used to be so thin. What happened? I wish you were thin like you used to be. But, you were 27 then, so younger I guess… :/

Posted 7.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Annie,

I have to say I am a little confused by your comment and if you meant it to be rude or not. After reading it several times, I’m not sure what the point of your comment was other than to be hateful. As a female I would hope you would understand that we need to build each other up, not tear each other down.

Not that I have to justify myself to you, but I have remained the exact same weight since I was about 20 years old (which was in 2010.) If anything I was a bit too thin in 2014 (when I was 24… I’m 27 now) and have since implemented a workout regimen to tone and build muscle. Once again, I do not need to justify any of this to someone who has emailed with a hateful comment. I hope that in the future you can use your words wisely and in a positive manner.

Best,
      Emily

Posted 7.18.17 Reply
  5. hanna wrote:

I love this summer look! –Hanna Lei

Posted 7.19.17 Reply
  6. Lauren W. wrote:

You are stunning, Emily! Always proud of your heart and grace!

Posted 7.19.17 Reply
  7. Diana Lopes wrote:

Love the outfit! I prefer simpler combinations and yours look lovely. The mix of textures is also very interesting =)

Posted 7.20.17 Reply