This last month has been a whirlwind, to say the least! I was out of the country for three weeks and ever since I returned Nick and I have been in full wedding planning mode! With only 92 days to go, our to-do list seems to be growing by the minute haha!
This past weekend we set aside time to really talk through & tackle some of the items on our list. We made our favorite breakfast, poured a few mimosas, and got to work! In total, we spent about 4 hours just working through details and making decisions on a lot of stuff. There’s something so great about crossing off an item from the to-do list!
So today I wanted to share what we’ve done & we still have left to do in the next 90-ish days! I have loved using my blog to document our wedding planning process and I really, really appreciate all of your encouraging words, your advice & messages of happiness as I share this time with you all! These posts will be so fun to look back on years down the road…so again, thank you for letting me share it with you all 🙂
P.S. This is a photo that Framebridge sent me from their new Wedding Shop. I love that you can have a foil-printed message (your wedding date, hashtag, etc) on the mat! Such a sweet idea for a wedding gift!
WHAT WE’VE DONE SO FAR:
- I have set my hair & makeup trial! My mom is coming with me to this appointment in September and I am looking forward to it! I have somewhat of an idea of what I want, but I’m excited to play around and try a few things.
- We set our food/wine tasting appointment! We will be sampling our dishes & wines on August 9th. We will also be coming up with signature drinks then as well! I’m excited to see what the bartenders come up with for this.
- We have decided on our first dance song….I think! This is something we have gone back and forth on for a few weeks. Nick and I both agreed that we didn’t want something really slow or something that has been played to death. Who knew how hard that would be?! On Saturday we stumbled upon a song & really liked it, so I think that’s the one we are going with, but I’m not going to share it just incase we change our minds!
- Speaking of music, we made a list of songs we want our band to play along with a list of songs we don’t want played! Our band recommended that we do this & I’m glad they did because I probably wouldn’t have given it much thought.
- We have finalized our invitations, now we just have to order them! We have to send them out in exactly one month. ahhh!
- We finally decided on the look for our wedding cake. We both are pretty simple, so we kept our cake that way too! Our baker is incredible and has made cakes for occasions over the years, so I’m really excited for it (even though I’m not much of a sweets person!)
- We found a calligrapher (turns out it’s a friend of mine!) to do our wedding signage! She is really talented & creative, so I can’t wait to see the final results.
- I can’t remember if I already shared this or not, but we booked our venue for our rehearsal dinner and welcome party. It wasn’t the one we originally wanted, but it ended up working out better!
- Speaking of rehearsal, we have started working on rehearsal dinner invites. We’re working with a local company, If It’s Paper, for most of our wedding paper needs and they have been SO amazing in guiding us, helping us come up with ideas & really catering to our needs. I can’t say enough great things about them.
WHAT WE ARE WORKING ON:
- Dance lessons: Since I was gone for three weeks, there was no sense in signing up before I left. Now that we have our song, we will be signing up for a few dance lessons soon. Did anyone else do this before their wedding? Any tips or advice?
- Welcome bags & favors: We are finalizing what we want in our welcome bags for our guests. We have a running list of items, but if you have ANY ideas- please let me know. We are also re-thinking our favors. We had one idea and it wasn’t super cost effective, so we are back to square one on that!
- Gifts for our wedding party: We have gifts for each side worked out (and a few have already arrived) but we’re working on a couple more as a “thank you” to our wonderful friends.
- Gifts for our parents: I have a few ideas but would love to hear suggestions on what you all gave your parents/parents-in-law on your wedding day. I want it to be something special and meaningful.
- Send-off: We are also trying to figure out what we want to do for our send-off. Our venue no longer allows sparklers, so we aren’t sure what we want to do. Sparklers are kind of overdone, so now it just makes us be a little more creative haha
- Seating chart: We now have a better idea of the layout of our space, so we can really start working on seating chart options.
- Info for day of paper goods: We now have to begin collecting info & writing it all down for our programs, menus, and welcome packets that go in our welcome bags. We’re trying to do this early on so we aren’t stressing about little details at the last minute.
- Compiling a list of photos: In about a month our photographer will be reaching out about the photos we want the day of the wedding, so I’m working on compiling that list now. Are there any photos you all recommend getting? Or wish that you had gotten on your wedding day? Let me know!
Whew! What a list! Believe me, that’s not all we are working on, but I won’t bore you with the other tedious tasks we are taking on haha! Thanks so much for reading & let me know if you have any advice in the comments! xo