It seems like just yesterday that Nick was getting down on one knee asking me to marry him. And now, in the blink of an eye, we’re less than two months out from our wedding day! With less than 60 days to go, we are at the point where we are making a lot of decisions and we are getting down to the wire on deadlines for everything!
Lately it seems like we’ve been doing so much wedding planning. It’s really, really exciting but it’s also a bit stressful, if I’m being honest! Nick and I have tried to continue with our day-to-day life as best as we can without allowing the wedding craziness to take over! If you’re engaged & planning a wedding, I suggest making sure that you still have date nights and plan fun activities with your fiancé. It is so important to make time for just the two of you! It really has made a difference in the planning process 🙂
Today I wanted to share an update of where we are in our planning process now that we are two months out! Before we know it, our wedding day will be here. P.S. I have a really fun post coming up for our 30 day out post!
WHAT WE’VE DONE
- We’ve had our tasting for both our rehearsal dinner and reception! Originally we planned to do a cocktail style reception, but due to logistics we ultimately decided on a seated dinner. At first I wasn’t really thrilled with the idea, but after the tasting I am fully on board! The meals were delicious and beautifully prepared. Our rehearsal dinner is one of our favorite southern meals…. fried chicken! Since many of the guests at our rehearsal are from out of state, we decided to serve a few of our favorite southern foods, including fried chicken, mac & cheese, and more! We couldn’t be more excited about the food options.
- We are close to finalizing our wedding weekend timeline. If you’re married then you know just how much goes into a wedding weekend. If you’re not married, then you may not realize just how many behind the scenes details go into planning a wedding weekend. Between making sure everyone arrives on time and where they need to be to coordinating vendors, there’s quite a lot to consider when making your wedding weekend timeline. I am so incredibly lucky to have Carly of Carly Marie Events to help plan and make sure our entire weekend goes smoothly!
- We have finalized our wedding signage. I love the look of mirrored signage and happened to find the most amazing mirrors for this purpose at an amazing price! I dropped them off to my friend who does calligraphy last week & can’t wait to see the final product!
- Our seating chart is almost complete! I was seriously stressed about this because it’s such a tedious task, but one of my friends recommended AllSeated.com and it made life so much easier! It’s a very interactive site that allows you to add your guests, place them at tables and move them around as needed. Obviously, as we get our RSVPs in we can arrange things a bit differently, but it was nice to have a starting point. You can also share with your family members, wedding planner, and anyone else very easily!
- I’ve started working on Nick’s Groom cake! I have a few surprises up my sleeve, but I’m very excited about this one. We will be serving it at our rehearsal dinner with our family & friends.
- And perhaps this last one is most exciting…. WE SENT OUT OUR WEDDING INVITATIONS! We were absolutely thrilled with the way they turned out and couldn’t wait to send them out to our family and friends. Sending out our invites together really made things feel very, very real! Since sending them out last Monday, we have already gotten a few RSVPs back, which as been just as exciting! I love seeing those little envelopes in our mailbox.
WHAT WE ARE WORKING ON
- Send-off: During my last update I shared that our venue no longer allows sparklers, so we were still brainstorming what we were going to do for our send off. We have a few ideas but just need to settle on one and buy anything necessary for it.
- Dance lessons: We are going to be starting them in a few weeks.
- Welcome bags: We made most of the decision on what to include int he welcome bags, now we just need to purchase them and begin assembling!
- Day-of paper goods: There are still a few decisions to be made on paper goods like the programs, the welcome packets for the welcome bags & some other items…. But we’re getting there! Some things we really can’t finish up until a few weeks out.
It’s funny because the list that I’m sharing above keeps getting smaller, but the list in my wedding planner keeps getting longer and longer! So many tedious details (that I won’t bore you with!) We keep telling ourselves that it will alllll be worth it in the end! 🙂 Thanks so much for stopping by!