Last Wedding Wednesday Before “I do!”

I can’t believe this is the final Wedding Wednesday post before our wedding weekend begins! It is so surreal that the weekend we’ve been looking forward to for almost 11 months is finally here. We cannot wait to have all of our friends and family together to celebrate with us.

Today’s post is kind of a “brain dump” of sorts because I want to be able to look back and remember the days leading up to our wedding! It’s crazy that future Wedding Wednesday posts will be reflecting on our wedding weekend. Everything is coming together and I can’t wait to be able to share it with you all!

I also just wanted to thank each and every one of you! I really appreciate your constant encouragement, your kind words and all of the advice you have provided over the last year in terms of wedding planning! You guys have been a wealth of knowledge and I’ve learned so much from you all… and it’s much appreciated haha!

How I’m feeling 3 days out: I feel like my emotions are across the board right now (I think that’s pretty normal, right?!) I am over-the-moon thrilled to marry the love of my life. I’m so excited to have our family and friends from all walks of life together in one room to celebrate us. I’m a little nervous for the day (in a good way!) And most importantly, I’m feeling extremely blessed that at the end of the day I will be married to Nick and we get to start a whole new adventure together. I’m also very, very thankful that we have an amazing support system and a dream team of vendors who are working hard to make this a truly wonderful day for us!

What we have left to do: Last week was a bit chaotic and all over the place. We had meetings every single day to finalize everything, so that was exhausting. We have a few things left to do like assembling welcome bags & making sure we have everything packed and ready for the weekend. But for the most part we are soaking it all in! It is very surreal to know you’re getting married in a few days!

What I’m most looking forward to: Obviously the reason for the entire weekend is about celebrating our marriage. I am SO incredibly excited to marry Nick! I’m also looking forward to seeing everything come together and celebrate with everyone!

What I’m doing to prep for wedding day: In terms of fitness, I have been religiously taking Pure Barre classes to prep for the wedding. Unfortunately this past weekend I got pretty sick and haven’t felt well enough to get back into the studio. I’m hoping I can get in at least one more class (for my sanity haha!) before our wedding weekend begins. In terms of beauty, I have been trying my best to drink a LOT of water. It’s so hard but I’m trying to up my intake, especially this week. I’ve also been maintaining the same morning/night routine with my face so that I don’t experience any crazy break outs. I have some melasma and sun spots that I was/am very insecure about so I’ve been using a combination of Murad and a few other things to get “rid” of them so I can feel very confident on our wedding day.

How I plan to document the day: Even though I’m a blogger, our wedding day is still a very personal thing and I plan to keep it that way. We are having an unplugged ceremony and I plan on giving my phone to one of my bridesmaids on the day of so that I can fully be present and in the moment. Of course we will be taking photos and all that good stuff, but I don’t plan on sharing them that day. This day only happens once and I want to make sure I take it all in. Luckily my bridesmaids totally understand and respect that!

Where we’re honeymooning: This is kind of a funny story (well, now it is.) We originally planned to honeymoon in Mexico. We had everything done and then a travel ban for government employees (which Nick is) came out prohibiting them from traveling there for any reason due to activities of criminal organizations in the area. We were disappointed, but went back to square one. We had also considered USVI  because we’ve both been and loved the St. Thomas/St. John area. The week we were planning to book our stay, Hurricane Irma came through, destroying the islands. This was absolutely heartbreaking because many of the places we loved so much were gone. Sooo we are going to do a “mini-moon” to the beach and then go on our official honeymoon in a few months once we have had time to research and plan!

P.S. I would love to hear what you want see for future Wedding Wednesday posts. I have a few ideas but would love to hear how you all want it formatted! 🙂

1. Laura wrote:

Wishing you a wonderful Wedding day! I would love to know what you included in your welcome boxes as well as information you’ve included in them for guests. I’m planning my Wedding and I’m feeling a bit lost with this aspect.

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Laura, thank you so much for your kind words! I will be sharing everything in blog posts in the weeks after the wedding! If you’re more pressed for time, feel free to email me (emily@lifewithemilyblog.com) and I’m happy to share what we are including 🙂

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  2. Beth wrote:

Hopefully your venue has TVs, I bet Nick’s family is none too happy this falls on the biggest game of the year!! Congrats and enjoy the day! I’ve been happily married for 22 years and it is great.

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • Our reception venue has TVs and it starts at 3:30! It will be almost be half-time during our ceremony. We will have it playing during cocktail hour. 🙂 luckily they love us both and totally understand! Believe me, we tried to plan it for last weekend when it was a bye week- but our church was booked so we didn’t really have another option haha

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  3. Brianna wrote:

I love the idea of an unplugged ceremony! I’m dying to see pictures but everyone can wait online and those there can enjoy the moment!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Yes, we decided that would be the best for us! I can’t WAIT to share!! I’ll sneak some snaps to ya 😉

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  4. Stacey wrote:

Enjoy your wedding day! I hope like me you look back on your day and think it was the most perfect day ever!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thank you so much, Stacey! I know we will look back with fond memories! XO

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  5. OMG! This is so exciting, I wish you the best and a lifetime full of happiness. Marriage is a wonderful thing 🙂

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  6. I’ve been following your wedding post since you’ve gotten engaged. I can’t believe it’s already here! Time flies. Can’t wait to see photos from your wedding!

xx, Amanda | http://www.thegoldengirldiary.com

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  7. Mandy Merchant wrote:

Congrats on the big day finally arriving! I know you’ll be a beautiful bride (& you’ll have Bre by your side). Have fun and enjoy the moments. Soak it all in cause it only happens once!!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  8. Shelby Back wrote:

Wishing you the most amazing day & a lifetime of happiness friend! You are going to be a beautiful bride & I am so excited for you! Enjoy every second, take a moment away from the craziness just you & your groom and don’t forget to EAT!

xo!
    Shelby Back

Posted 10.26.17 Reply
  9. Gita wrote:

Happy almost wedding day! I hope the week goes by smoothly for you with the less amount of stress as possible. You’re almost there!

– Gita (www.mimiandchichi.com)

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  10. Kate wrote:

Wishing you the most amazing day!! Can’t wait to see all of the pictures! Soak it all in xx

Posted 10.27.17 Reply

Congrats on your wedding day! Wishing you lots of happiness!

Liz

Posted 10.28.17 Reply
  12. Candace wrote:

I am so happy for your big day babe! I can’t wait to hear all about it when it’s all said and done. I’m getting married next year, so it definitely helps to read others’ experiences 🙂

Posted 10.29.17 Reply
  13. Congrats! What an exciting time! I can’t wait to see the photos!

Posted 10.29.17 Reply
  14. Katie Ann wrote:

I hope you had THE BEST wedding day ever! Have fun on your mini-moon!

xo
    katie ann

Posted 10.30.17 Reply
  15. Meghan wrote:

I hope you had the most wonderful wedding day babe!!!

Posted 10.31.17 Reply
  16. Silvia wrote:

Congrats! You will have so much fun on your wedding day!

Posted 10.31.17 Reply

• Let’s chat BABY REGISTRY! 👶🏻 we are working on finishing up our baby registry & would love to know your “must have” items, any items we should be sure to add AND the items that you registered for but never ended up using! 🙌🏻🤰🏼 let’s help all the moms to be out! http://liketk.it/2MzqD #LTKbaby #LTKbump #babyregistry #dockatot #buybuybaby #monicaandandy
  • We made it to Friday 🙌🏻 I’m having my coffee & getting some work in so I can relax a bit this weekend! The weather here is gorgeous so I’m hoping to get outside this weekend too ☀️😊💙 I’m sharing a roundup of my cozy at home essentials on lifewithemilyblog.com today! Linking everything in the @liketoknow.it app here: http://liketk.it/2Mp9u #liketkit #StayHomeWithLTK #LTKunder100 #LTKhome #24weekspregnant #pregnantblogger #loungewear
  • A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬