Lightweight Layers

How was everyone’s weekend?! I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I stayed inside most of the weekend in hopes of feeling better. I’m pretty sure binge watching Stranger Things helped! When I did venture out this weekend to run a few errands, I wore this utility jacket because the weather was p-e-r-f-e-c-t. If you’re looking for a lightweight jacket, look no further than this one! And this sweater is one of my favorites. The quality is great and it’s a great layering piece that you can wear through winter!

In other news, OUR WEDDING WEEK IS FINALLY HERE!!!! I absolutely cannot believe we are so close to our wedding day. We have a few last minute things to do this week but overall we are ready & excited! I am so looking forward to our family & friends getting into town this week to celebrate with us. I’m hoping to get a few more posts out this week, but don’t hold it against me if I don’t! 😉

LIGHTWEIGHT SWEATER (comes in 14 colors and it’s under $100) | UTILITY JACKET (similar HERE) | DISTRESSED DENIM | LEOPARD SLIDES (similar HERE and HERE) | QUAY SUNGLASSES | KENDRA SCOTT EARRINGS | REBECCA MINKOFF BAG

1. it’s your wedding week and your getting posts out?! you’re amazing! love the jacket, looks great on you!

Posted 10.23.17 Reply
  2. Natali wrote:

Perfectly styled casual outfit! I like your bag and jacket very much. 🙂

Posted 10.23.17 Reply
  3. Loving this whole casual fall look! I can’t believe your wedding week is here already; hope it’s amazing!

Posted 10.23.17 Reply
  4. Candace wrote:

No worries if you don’t get those posts up like you want girl! You’re getting married this week and that is stressful enough! I know you’ll make a gorgeous bride. Can’t wait to see pics!

Posted 10.23.17 Reply
  5. Wonderful light layers. Happy wedding week! So excited for you! xo

Posted 10.24.17 Reply
  6. Greta wrote:

This is such a great utility jacket! Love it with the leopard shoes.

Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com

Posted 10.24.17 Reply
  7. dawn wrote:

Love this utility jacket!

Posted 10.24.17 Reply
  8. I love how you styled this jacket! It’s such a classic look with the flats and skinny jeans!

Posted 10.24.17 Reply
  9. Chloe wrote:

This outfit is such a Fall staple! I’d definitely go for something like this on any casual day! LOVE your cheetah print flats too! They’re such a fun print! 🙂

xo, Chloe // https://funinthecloset.com/skye-footwear-sneakers/

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  10. You look amazing Emily! Love that jacket!

Posted 10.27.17 Reply
  11. It’s your wedding week and you’re getting posts up! You are a total rockstar! SO in love with this jacket!!

Posted 10.28.17 Reply

What a cute look! Perfect for fall!

Liz

Posted 10.28.17 Reply
  13. Nita wrote:

I love that light jacket babe! BTW happy wedding week!! 🙂

Posted 10.30.17 Reply
  14. Sabrina wrote:

Loving the layers! Happy Sunday!

Posted 10.30.17 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50