An Easy Half-Up Hairdo!

I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not the best at doing my hair! I can watch a million Youtube videos and follow them precisely and yet my hair still never ends up how I want it. Anyone else?! I’ve learned over the years, that some things are best left to the pros! That’s where Parlor Blow Dry Bar comes in handy!

I popped into Parlor in Cameron Village last week to get a blow out and to get an idea of what I might want to do to my hair for our rehearsal dinner! They have so many different options and styles to choose from. I knew I wanted a half-up style, but I let my stylist decide on what would look best with my hair. She worked her magic (while I watched in awe haha!) and I loved the final product. They used some of my favorite products by Bumble & Bumble and also introduced me to a few new-to-me products that will help my hair hold curl and style better.

I ended up getting so many compliments on the hair style throughout the day & I still loved it hours after having it done. I think it’s safe to say I know what hair style I’ll be rocking for our rehearsal dinner. 🙂

If you’re in the Raleigh area, be sure to stop by and check them out! They also can come to you for any event, like a wedding, prom, etc!

This post is sponsored by Parlor Blow Dry Bar & Cameron Village Shopping Center. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

1. Natali wrote:

Your hairdo is so lovely, very romantic!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thank you, Natali! Isn’t it dreamy?!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  2. Love this half up do! I tend to wear my hair in this style a lot, but enjoy how your is loaded with curls!!! I need to recreate this pretty style!
    Xo Mindy http://www.amixofmin.com

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

I hardly ever do it half up, but now I’m going to start wearing it this way more. It’s such an easy style to recreate- your hair would look great like this!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  3. Bumble and Bumble are some of my favorite products! Your hair looks gorgeous girl.

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

mine too! I love their products!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  4. Silvia wrote:

Your hair came out so pretty! I love how effortless it looks!

Posted 10.19.17 Reply
  5. Sarah K Tripp wrote:

This is such a pretty hairstyle!

Posted 10.19.17 Reply
  6. Jamaria wrote:

What a fun and super cute hairstyle!

Posted 10.20.17 Reply

Wow, that’s so pretty! I want to try this!

Liz

Posted 10.20.17 Reply
  8. Azanique wrote:

You look stunning girl!

-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com

Posted 10.20.17 Reply
  9. You look gorgeous babe! I love your hair like this!

Posted 10.22.17 Reply
  10. Lauren wrote:

You look absolutely stunning! I always love a half up hairdo! It’s one of my favorites and what I wore on my sister’s wedding 🙂

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  11. So simple but elegant! Love it

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

Such a gorgeous updo! I am awful at doing my own hair too so it’s always nice to get it done!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply

• Happy Saturday, y’all! 💙 what are your plans for the day?! 👙It’s a hot one here (again!) so I plan on staying cool any way I can! 🥵
p.s. my suit & coverup are from @the_hermoza (gets a discount when you use code WILK) http://liketk.it/2Dxow #liketkit #LTKunder50
  • I think we’re officially in the “dog days of summer” here in NC 🥵It has been so hot & humid here lately that even leaving the house (and the AC!) seems like such a chore ha! 🍦I *think* I’m ready for fall now! Anyone else?! 🙋🏼‍♀️
P.s. it’s been radio silent around here due to unpacking, training our little pup & just trying to get our little fam into a new routine! 🤗🐶🐱👫🏡
  • Meet Avett Wilkinson 🐶 we added another four-legged friend to our family last weekend (yes, 24 hours after our move... we may be a bit crazy ha!) he is named after our love of @theavettbrothers & is an 8-week old #goldenretriever! 💙 We love this ball of floof more every single day! 🐶 #charlieandavett #avettsadventures
  • SOLD! 🏡 we are officially home owners! 📦🍾👏🏻We are SO excited for this new chapter in our lives & look forward to making this house feel like home 💙 Now, let’s get to unpacking, @nick_wilkinson1! #homeowners #weboughtahouse #firsttimehomeowner
  • A southern summer soirée 💙Last month I got together with @frappsandfrills & @goingforgrace to put on a southern garden party - complete with delightful desserts, gorgeous @draperjames, great company & the perfect southern backdrop, the gorgeous @mcalisterleftwich house! We had the best time - it was so nice to come together as strangers (well, internet friends!) & leave as friends 👯‍♀️ see more on lifewithemilyblog.com & shop our looks here: http://liketk.it/2CUlv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #draperjamesgirl #mydraperjames photos: @megantravisphotography
  • Calling all book nerds 📚🤓🙋🏼‍♀️ I’m chatting all about @bookofthemonth & why I love it today on the blog! 💙 I’ve been a BOTM member for 3 years now & cant say enough great things about it! Want to join?! DM me or read the post on lifewithemilyblog.com! Link to post in my bio & shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2CRXS #enwreads #bookstagram #bookofthemonth #botm #botmclub