An Easy Half-Up Hairdo!

I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not the best at doing my hair! I can watch a million Youtube videos and follow them precisely and yet my hair still never ends up how I want it. Anyone else?! I’ve learned over the years, that some things are best left to the pros! That’s where Parlor Blow Dry Bar comes in handy!

I popped into Parlor in Cameron Village last week to get a blow out and to get an idea of what I might want to do to my hair for our rehearsal dinner! They have so many different options and styles to choose from. I knew I wanted a half-up style, but I let my stylist decide on what would look best with my hair. She worked her magic (while I watched in awe haha!) and I loved the final product. They used some of my favorite products by Bumble & Bumble and also introduced me to a few new-to-me products that will help my hair hold curl and style better.

I ended up getting so many compliments on the hair style throughout the day & I still loved it hours after having it done. I think it’s safe to say I know what hair style I’ll be rocking for our rehearsal dinner. 🙂

If you’re in the Raleigh area, be sure to stop by and check them out! They also can come to you for any event, like a wedding, prom, etc!

This post is sponsored by Parlor Blow Dry Bar & Cameron Village Shopping Center. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

1. Natali wrote:

Your hairdo is so lovely, very romantic!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thank you, Natali! Isn’t it dreamy?!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  2. Love this half up do! I tend to wear my hair in this style a lot, but enjoy how your is loaded with curls!!! I need to recreate this pretty style!
    Xo Mindy http://www.amixofmin.com

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

I hardly ever do it half up, but now I’m going to start wearing it this way more. It’s such an easy style to recreate- your hair would look great like this!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  3. Bumble and Bumble are some of my favorite products! Your hair looks gorgeous girl.

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

mine too! I love their products!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  4. Silvia wrote:

Your hair came out so pretty! I love how effortless it looks!

Posted 10.19.17 Reply
  5. Sarah K Tripp wrote:

This is such a pretty hairstyle!

Posted 10.19.17 Reply
  6. Jamaria wrote:

What a fun and super cute hairstyle!

Posted 10.20.17 Reply

Wow, that’s so pretty! I want to try this!

Liz

Posted 10.20.17 Reply
  8. Azanique wrote:

You look stunning girl!

-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com

Posted 10.20.17 Reply
  9. You look gorgeous babe! I love your hair like this!

Posted 10.22.17 Reply
  10. Lauren wrote:

You look absolutely stunning! I always love a half up hairdo! It’s one of my favorites and what I wore on my sister’s wedding 🙂

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  11. So simple but elegant! Love it

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

Such a gorgeous updo! I am awful at doing my own hair too so it’s always nice to get it done!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply

• All smiles because we’re almost to the weekend 🙌🏻 chatting about my favorite recent accessories and how they can totally elevate an outfit today on lifewithemilyblog.com ✨ ps check out IG stories for a funny blooper 😂

Shop this look at the link in bio or in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2zo0f @liketoknow.it #liketkit #abercrombiestyle
  • Girls trips with my #bloggersdotravel gals are my favorite 💙 recapping our trip to Charleston today, including what we did, where we ate & drank and sharing our stay at @hotelbellagrace! #enwexplores #explorecharleston #charleston #hotelbellagrace photo: @julielivingstonphotography
  • A new year, a new set of books to obsess over 📚 at the beginning of a new year I always like to write out the most anticipated books of the year (& add them to my @goodreads list!) to make sure that I read them! Let me just say, soooo many good books to look forward to in 2019 y’all 🙌🏻 starting with the lineup of @booksparks two reading challenges, #wrc2019 & #yawrc2019! If you need me, you know where to find me.... with my nose in a book! 🤓 #enwreads
  • Just wanted to send a thank you to everyone for your very sweet comments on yesterday’s post 💕 I read every single one. They were truly appreciated & a bright light on a heartbreaking day for our family. I’m so thankful for this amazing community!
  • It is with a heavy heart that we had to say goodbye to our sweet family dog, Dingo, earlier today.💔To say our family is absolutely heartbroken would be an understatement. Animals are family & it’s always hard to send them over the 🌈 bridge. We had a great 7.5 years with our sweet little man and our family won’t be complete without him. 😭 It has definitely been a no-good-very-bad Monday.
  • My weekends are always booked 😉📚A *highly* requested blog post is live on lifewithemilyblog.com 📚Sharing the best books I read in 2018 (sharing 30 out of 100!) would love for you to weigh in on the best book you read this past year! #enwreads

Shop 15 of the 30 books here: http://liketk.it/2zjvM #liketkit, blog post linked in stories & in my bio!