An Easy Half-Up Hairdo!

I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not the best at doing my hair! I can watch a million Youtube videos and follow them precisely and yet my hair still never ends up how I want it. Anyone else?! I’ve learned over the years, that some things are best left to the pros! That’s where Parlor Blow Dry Bar comes in handy!

I popped into Parlor in Cameron Village last week to get a blow out and to get an idea of what I might want to do to my hair for our rehearsal dinner! They have so many different options and styles to choose from. I knew I wanted a half-up style, but I let my stylist decide on what would look best with my hair. She worked her magic (while I watched in awe haha!) and I loved the final product. They used some of my favorite products by Bumble & Bumble and also introduced me to a few new-to-me products that will help my hair hold curl and style better.

I ended up getting so many compliments on the hair style throughout the day & I still loved it hours after having it done. I think it’s safe to say I know what hair style I’ll be rocking for our rehearsal dinner. 🙂

If you’re in the Raleigh area, be sure to stop by and check them out! They also can come to you for any event, like a wedding, prom, etc!

This post is sponsored by Parlor Blow Dry Bar & Cameron Village Shopping Center. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

1. Natali wrote:

Your hairdo is so lovely, very romantic!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thank you, Natali! Isn’t it dreamy?!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  2. Love this half up do! I tend to wear my hair in this style a lot, but enjoy how your is loaded with curls!!! I need to recreate this pretty style!
    Xo Mindy http://www.amixofmin.com

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

I hardly ever do it half up, but now I’m going to start wearing it this way more. It’s such an easy style to recreate- your hair would look great like this!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  3. Bumble and Bumble are some of my favorite products! Your hair looks gorgeous girl.

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

mine too! I love their products!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  4. Silvia wrote:

Your hair came out so pretty! I love how effortless it looks!

Posted 10.19.17 Reply
  5. Sarah K Tripp wrote:

This is such a pretty hairstyle!

Posted 10.19.17 Reply
  6. Jamaria wrote:

What a fun and super cute hairstyle!

Posted 10.20.17 Reply

Wow, that’s so pretty! I want to try this!

Liz

Posted 10.20.17 Reply
  8. Azanique wrote:

You look stunning girl!

-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com

Posted 10.20.17 Reply
  9. You look gorgeous babe! I love your hair like this!

Posted 10.22.17 Reply
  10. Lauren wrote:

You look absolutely stunning! I always love a half up hairdo! It’s one of my favorites and what I wore on my sister’s wedding 🙂

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  11. So simple but elegant! Love it

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

Such a gorgeous updo! I am awful at doing my own hair too so it’s always nice to get it done!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply

• Men are always the *hardest* people to shop for, right?! 🤷🏼‍♀️🎁 If you’re still struggling with what to get the guy (husband, s.o, dad, etc) in your life - check out the new @barringtongifts canvas captain’s bag! I got one for Nick this fall & he has used it a ton already! I’m sharing all the details on lifewithemilyblog.com & my men’s gift guide will be up tomorrow! Shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2I4cG @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKfamily #LTKholidaygiftguide #mensgifts #mensgiftideas #giftideasforhim #barringtongifts #barrington
  • Twirling into a new week 🖤 I have this thing for leopard print & I can’t get enough of this shimmery leopard print skirt! It’s under $75 & would be perfect for holiday parties! Shop this look at the link in my bio or here: http://liketk.it/2HXQ5 #liketkit @liketoknow.it #LTKholidaystyle #gibsonxhisugarplum #holidayoutfits #holidayoutfitideas #nordstrom
  • It’s the holiday season, which means plenty of travel coming up! ✈️🚙 We’re heading on vacation at the end of the month 🌴 & I’ll be packing some @verabradley essentials, including my large spinner suitcase and the blush & brush cosmetic case. [ad] I’ve been traveling with Vera Bradley items since I was about 10 (hello, you *had* to have the duffel! 💁🏼‍♀️) and I love that their pieces are so functional & high quality! See more of my travel picks in my stories & shop this at the link in my bio! #verabradley #enwexplores #holidaytravel
  • There’s still a few hours to shop @serenaandlily’s 25% off sale! 🎉 It’s a great time to get home gifts for those you love (and maybe a few items for yourself, too!) I grabbed a few sets of these coaster sets to give as gifts this holiday season! 💙 Shop the coasters, tray & a few other SL products I own and love here: http://liketk.it/2HMdm @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkhome #serenaandlily #slpartner #giftidea #homedecor #homegifts
  • Our 2019 holiday cards arrived from @zola & we love them! ❤️ we went with simple this year (and even used a self-timer to take the pic!) and the customization process with Zola was incredibly simple as well! 🙌🏻 you can get your holiday cards 50% off with code ZOLAHOLIDAY50 🙌🏻✨🎄#Zola #zolaholiday #christmascards
  • ‘Tis the season!🎄hope you all had a great holiday yesterday! I’m now in full Christmas mode (let’s be real, our house has been decorated for a few weeks now haha!) ✨ we got a second tree this year & I’m so in love with our @kingofchristmas flocked tree! Get a discount with code EmilyNWilkinson 💙 shop everything here (my top & jeans are on sale!) http://liketk.it/2Hz62 @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKholidayathome #blackfriday #holidaydecor #kingofchristmas #blackfridaysale #abercrombiestyle #christmasdecor