An Easy Half-Up Hairdo!

I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not the best at doing my hair! I can watch a million Youtube videos and follow them precisely and yet my hair still never ends up how I want it. Anyone else?! I’ve learned over the years, that some things are best left to the pros! That’s where Parlor Blow Dry Bar comes in handy!

I popped into Parlor in Cameron Village last week to get a blow out and to get an idea of what I might want to do to my hair for our rehearsal dinner! They have so many different options and styles to choose from. I knew I wanted a half-up style, but I let my stylist decide on what would look best with my hair. She worked her magic (while I watched in awe haha!) and I loved the final product. They used some of my favorite products by Bumble & Bumble and also introduced me to a few new-to-me products that will help my hair hold curl and style better.

I ended up getting so many compliments on the hair style throughout the day & I still loved it hours after having it done. I think it’s safe to say I know what hair style I’ll be rocking for our rehearsal dinner. 🙂

If you’re in the Raleigh area, be sure to stop by and check them out! They also can come to you for any event, like a wedding, prom, etc!

This post is sponsored by Parlor Blow Dry Bar & Cameron Village Shopping Center. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

1. Natali wrote:

Your hairdo is so lovely, very romantic!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Thank you, Natali! Isn’t it dreamy?!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  2. Love this half up do! I tend to wear my hair in this style a lot, but enjoy how your is loaded with curls!!! I need to recreate this pretty style!
    Xo Mindy http://www.amixofmin.com

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

I hardly ever do it half up, but now I’m going to start wearing it this way more. It’s such an easy style to recreate- your hair would look great like this!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  3. Bumble and Bumble are some of my favorite products! Your hair looks gorgeous girl.

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

mine too! I love their products!

Posted 10.18.17 Reply
  4. Silvia wrote:

Your hair came out so pretty! I love how effortless it looks!

Posted 10.19.17 Reply
  5. Sarah K Tripp wrote:

This is such a pretty hairstyle!

Posted 10.19.17 Reply
  6. Jamaria wrote:

What a fun and super cute hairstyle!

Posted 10.20.17 Reply

Wow, that’s so pretty! I want to try this!

Liz

Posted 10.20.17 Reply
  8. Azanique wrote:

You look stunning girl!

-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com

Posted 10.20.17 Reply
  9. You look gorgeous babe! I love your hair like this!

Posted 10.22.17 Reply
  10. Lauren wrote:

You look absolutely stunning! I always love a half up hairdo! It’s one of my favorites and what I wore on my sister’s wedding 🙂

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  11. So simple but elegant! Love it

Posted 10.25.17 Reply
  12. Lindsay wrote:

Such a gorgeous updo! I am awful at doing my own hair too so it’s always nice to get it done!

Posted 10.25.17 Reply

• It’s GENDER REVEAL day!💙👶🏻💕We’re having our families over today to find out the gender of our little baby & we are SO excited! I’m sharing some of the results of old wives tales - what do you think we’re having a BOY or GIRL?! 👶🏻
....
1. No morning sickness 💙
2. Chinese calendar says girl 💕
3. The ring test says boy 💙
4. Heartbeat over 150 means girl 💕
5. Having dry hands is sign of a boy & mine have been a bit dry💙
6. Pregnancy acne means girl💕
7. Calm= girl, clumsy=boy - I have been SO clumsy lately💙
8. Having headaches is a sign of a boy - I have had BAD ones💙
9. Craving salty=boy, sweets=girl - I tend to crave both so 💕or💙
10. Feeling more cold means boy, feeling more warm means girl - I have been cold 24/7 💙
11. Moody means girl, calm means boy - Nick would says I’ve been a bit moody 🤣💕
....
Shop my dress: http://liketk.it/2KGdj @liketoknow.it #ltkunder50 #stylethebump
#gendereveal #genderrevealparty #pregnancyannouncement #wereexpecting #oldwivestales #pregnant #18weeks #boyorgirl #heorshe #parentstobe #momanddadtobe #pregnantblogger
  • Sharing our dining room transformation on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 swipe to see the before photo (from when we viewed the property!)
.....
so what did we do? 🧰
-added wainscoting (huge thanks to my dad!) 🙌🏻
-painted the trim white
-added a bold color to the walls thanks to @clarepaint! The color is Goodnight Moon & it’s the perfect true navy with no undertones!
-swapped out the light fixture
-refinished the sideboard
.....
We are so happy with the transformation & how the space turned out!
#enwhome #homeimprovement #clarepaint #shareyourclare #diningroom #diy #diyprojects
  • It’s another rainy day here (we’re on day 7163 I’m pretty sure!) 💦 I’m currently wishing for warmer days & shorts weather! 🌴 my post from Aruba is live - complete with where to eat/drink along with things to see & do! 🌊 #Aruba #onehappyisland #onehappyislandaruba #enwexplores http://liketk.it/2Kw8W #LTKtravel #LTKswim #agolde #aexme #aerieswim #aeriereal
  • Happy Valentine’s Day 💙 We’re celebrating our 10th Valentine’s Day together and our last one as just the two of us! 👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏻We’re keeping it low-key & cooking a delicious dinner together🍴I love the life we have built together & can’t wait to see you be the cutest, most caring dad 🥰 p.s. swipe to see some throwback pics of us from 2005-ish ... we were babies! 😂 #valentinesday #myforevervalentine
  • AD: It's no secret that I love anything to do with true crime, so when I heard about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I knew I just *had* to read it! 📖🕵🏼‍♀️This book reminded me a lot of the Serial podcast & it's safe to say I was instantly hooked! I read this book in 24 hours because I simply couldn't put it down and I had to know how Pip's senior project surrounding the disappearance of Andie Bell played out! If you need another book to add to your list, be sure it's this one! 📚 Sharing more in stories! @GetUnderlined  @hojay92 #GetUnderlined #GetUnderlinedPartner #AGoodGirlsGuidetoMurder
  • 16 weeks with this sweet baby 💙💕 I’m sharing my first trimester recap and a Q&A (answering all your questions from stories!) on lifewithemilyblog.com. Dress linked here: http://liketk.it/2JVy1 #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder50 #16weeks #pregnant #werehavingababy #stylethebump #bumpstyle