Holiday Decor

Can y’all believe we are halfway through November already? These past few weeks have flown by and it’s safe to say I’m in the Holiday spirit. This past weekend Nick and I got our holiday decor out of storage and began decorating our house for the holidays. I know, I know, some may think it’s early (Nick sure does haha) but I just love decorating for Christmas and like to enjoy it for as long as I can since it’s a lot of work!

Today I wanted to share some of my favorite holiday decor finds with you. I tend to keep everything pretty neutral so I can use it year after year, but it still works with pops of color too! I’ve also added a “holiday 2017” tab to my site where you can shop holiday gifts under $100, under $50, home decor, gifts for him, etc. Next week I’ll be back sharing my first gift guide of the season.

P.S. As we’ve been decorating our house, we’ve been chatting about holiday traditions we would like to start as a family. I would love to hear any holiday traditions you all have!

1. CHRISTMAS WREATH | I always love having a wreath on our door for the holidays and this boxwood one is so cute. I think this would also look great above a fireplace or over a large mirror, too!
  2. CABLE KNIT STOCKING | How classic is this cable knit stocking? I love the tassel detail… this may be the one(s) we order for this year!
  3. BIRCH LOGS | If you have a wood burning fireplace- these would be perfect to put inside as decoration (if you don’t really use it!) or to the side. I’ve seen a lot of interior design blogs use these and they always look great.
  4. NEST HOLIDAY DIFFUSER | If y’all have never smelled this scent, then you should run out and smell it ASAP. It is truly the smell of Christmas and I love using it throughout our home during the holidays. If you like candles, then it comes in a candle version as well as a diffuser!
  5. WHITE FLOCKED CHRISTMAS TREE | I LOVE the look of a flocked Christmas tree and this one is a GREAT price. I’m still working on convincing Nick that a flocked tree is the way to go though haha.
  6. WIRE STAR ORNAMENT | I always love finding new, unique ornaments each year and I love the way this star looks.
  7. BIRCH WOOD ART PRINT | If you’re into holiday art, then you need this birch wood art print! It would look great on a console table or a gallery wall.
  8. MERCURY GLASS CANDLE HOLDERS | Candles always provide such an intimate atmosphere and I always love the glow that comes from mercury glass candle holders like these. We have them throughout our home all year long.
  9. BRASS REINDEER | A great holiday decor addition to your console table! These come in a set and are a great deal! They even have matching candle holders, too.
  10. GOLD ASSORTED ORNAMENT SET | I like buying assorted ornament sets so that my tree looks put together, but there’s still some different elements to it.
  11. WIRE GEO ORNAMENTS | These are similar to the star ornament above, but are three dimensional. Great way to add some dimension to your tree!
  12. FAUX FUR THROW | This faux fur throw would be a great addition to your living room (or bedroom) and will be perfect for those cold, snowy days.
  13. BEADED OMBRE ORNAMENTS | These would glow so beautifully on the Christmas tree.
  14. STAR TREE TOPPER | We grabbed this light up tree topper this past weekend and love the way it looks on our tree.
  15. MONGOLIAN LAMB PILLOW | These fluffy pillows come in a few colors and would add a cozy touch to your living room.
  16. CRINKLE VELVET PILLOWS | I currently have regular velvet pillows on the couch and love them, but now I’m kinnnnda wanting these crinkle velvet pillows. They’re so comfortable & I like that we can actually lay on them!
  17. PORCELAIN WHITE TREE | This is such a cute decor piece that could be used on an end table or even as part of a table centerpiece!
  18. ASPEN BIRD FIGURES | Y’all I think these are so darn cute. They had them last year and I was so happy that they brought them back again this year. They also come in ornaments as well.
  19. MONOGRAMMED GOLD RIMMED DOUBLE OLD FASHIONED GLASSES | These would make great presents or for having guests over. I love the gold rimmed detail and there are several monogram options.
  20. PENGUIN DOORMAT | It’s no secret we love penguins (they’re my favorite animal & we got engaged while playing with penguins last year) so when I saw this doormat, I immediately added it to my cart! Perfect holiday decor starting at the front door 🙂

1. Love all your picks – that pom pom throw blanket is calling my name!

Posted 11.15.17 Reply
  2. Rach wrote:

These are cute christmas decors! I really love the birch logs!

Posted 11.15.17 Reply
  3. Kristina wrote:

I’m SO excited to decorate… although I just can’t bring myself to do it until the day after Thanksgiving! Love that doormat and I need that pom pom blanket in my life!

xo, Kristina

Posted 11.15.17 Reply
  4. Great recommendations for holiday decor! I am loving the 14 and 19!

Posted 11.15.17 Reply
  5. Megan wrote:

All of this holiday decor is so pretty! I really need to decorate this weekend.

Megan | http://www.pipmegan.com

Posted 11.16.17 Reply
  6. Stephani wrote:

I love all holiday decor!! I always want to buy everything and I have to serisouslg control myself haha! I love those little bird figurine things! We have one they’re so cute!

Xo, Steph

Posted 11.16.17 Reply
  7. Kileen wrote:

I love this!! Holiday decor is my favorite, so I totally appreciate this post!! That Christmas tree is Beautiful!!!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 11.16.17 Reply
  8. Lily wrote:

I’m definitely going for a flocked Christmas tree next year, they are gorgeous!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

Posted 11.16.17 Reply
  9. Shelby Back wrote:

the first christmas married is so special! enjoy every minute!

xo!
    Shelby

Posted 11.16.17 Reply
  10. Lauren wrote:

I am seriously loving all of this neutral holiday decor! I want it all! And yes – it’s NEVER too early. 😉

Posted 11.19.17 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50