Prepping for the Holidays

Can y’all believe Thanksgiving is this week?! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, I always look forward to cooking my favorite dishes for our family dinner every year. This year is particularly exciting since it’s mine and Nick’s first holiday together as a married couple. We are really looking forward to starting new traditions together! Anyways, once Thanksgiving rolls around the holiday season is in full swing and, to be honest, things can get a little overwhelming pretty quick! Today I’m excited to partner with Cameron Village and Jaguar Land Rover Cary to share how I prep for the holidays!

TOP (comes in 6 colors and is under $40) | OVERSIZED SCARF |
DENIM (40% off) | MADEWELL EVERYDAY TOTE

HOW I PREP FOR THE HOLIDAYS

GET HOLIDAY DECOR OUT OF STORAGE | Nothing puts me more in the holiday spirit than decorating for the holidays! Everything seems a bit more cheerful with a Christmas tree and holiday decor around the house, don’t ya think?PULL OUT MY FAVORITE COOKBOOKS TO GATHER INSPIRATION FOR HOLIDAY MEALS | Nick and I love to cook and we love trying new dishes. With the holidays coming up we want to try a few new dishes to bring to our family gatherings! Our favorite cookbooks include The Southerner’s Cookbook by Garden & Gun, The Newlywed Cookbook, and Two in the Kitchen!

TRY A HOLIDAY DRINK FROM STARBUCKS | I’m a coffee lover- it’s the way I start every morning (and sometimes my afternoons, too!) I always love grabbing a holiday drink from Starbucks anytime I’m out and about during the holiday season. It helps keep me warm and keeps me happy during the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Does anyone have a favorite this season?SING ALONG TO CHRISTMAS MUSIC | Anyone else a sucker for Christmas music?! I think I could listen to Mariah Carey’s Christmas album on repeat haha! I also have a soft spot for the classics and always like to put on my Holly channel on the radio.DO A LITTLE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING | I always try to start my holiday shopping early (but it doesn’t always happen!) Buying gifts for others always makes me excited for the holidays. Once I buy one present, I get the motivation to keep on going! I drove the 2018 Range Rover Velar last weekend to do a little Christmas shopping at Cameron Village and I was so impressed with all of the details of this new SUV. It had so much room (plenty of space for gifts & decor), the dual touchscreens made it easy to navigate (and stay warm!), and it’s safe to say I jammed out to Christmas music all weekend long! I always make a few trips to Cameron Village each year to do all of my shopping (they have the best stores and restaurants!)

PARTICIPATE IN BLACK FRIDAY AND/OR SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY | Nothing preps you for the holidays like the biggest shopping weekend of the season! I typically do all of my Black Friday shopping online, but I do like to pop into my favorite local stores for Small Business Saturday. There’s always a lot of good deals and I end up knocking out a lot of my Christmas shopping. DRIVE AROUND & LOOK AT THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS | I always love seeing how people decorate for Christmas! I can’t wait until we have a house where we can decorate for the holidays (more than we already do!) There are a few neighborhoods that go all out for Christmas and it’s always so magical driving through the streets.

Glory Roze Photography

I would love to hear how you prep for the holidays!

Thank you to Cameron Village and Land Rover Cary for sponsoring this post. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own!

1. That car is so gorgeous and would make the best travel vehicle during the holidays, and to go see all the lights lit up!

Posted 11.20.17 Reply
  2. These are all great ways to prep for the holidays and things that I do as well! 🙂

XOXO,Tay

Posted 11.20.17 Reply
  3. Loving your Rover!! so cute

Sabrina | Gypsy Tan

Posted 11.20.17 Reply
  4. Victoria wrote:

love how you prep (and that car)! I start incredibly early on the Christmas music as I’ve been playing that since September haha!

xoxo
    Victoria

Posted 11.20.17 Reply
  5. Getting holiday decor out is my #1! It gets you in the holiday spirit quickly!
    Xo Mindy AMIXOFMIN.COM

Posted 11.20.17 Reply
  6. Megan Haney wrote:

Such a gorgeous car! I loved reading your holiday prep tips.

Xx,
    Megan | http://www.styledbymegan.com

Posted 11.20.17 Reply
  7. That SUV is gorgeous! I love that you’re a big fan of seeing everyone’s Christmas lights too; driving through different neighborhoods is the best this time of year.

Posted 11.20.17 Reply
  8. Rachel wrote:

I am so excited for the holiday season! Driving around and looking at Christmas lights was always my favorite growing up.

Rachel / http://www.helloher.co

Posted 11.20.17 Reply
  9. Love how you prep for the Holidays! My favorite Starbucks drink this season is the Peppermint Mocha, and I’m all over the new Gwen Stefani Christmas album! Happy first Thanksgiving together x

Posted 11.20.17 Reply
  10. Lindsay wrote:

I do and love every single one of these! Christmas music is my favorite way to get in the spirit

Posted 11.20.17 Reply
  11. Rach wrote:

I do the same exact thing for the holidays! So fun!

Posted 11.21.17 Reply
  12. We love looking at the holiday lights! That is my favorite, sometimes we do it a few times in the month, plus singing along to Christmas music is so much fun!

Posted 11.21.17 Reply
  13. I can’t believe it’s already thanksgiving! I’m so ready for the holidays though!

Posted 11.22.17 Reply
  14. Sarah K Tripp wrote:

Nothing better than driving around to look at Christmas lights… especially in a sleek car!

Posted 11.22.17 Reply
  15. Such a beautiful car !!! Love it! Also, holiday drinks are my FAVE!

Posted 11.22.17 Reply
  16. I need that car for Christmas!

Posted 11.22.17 Reply
  17. Happy Thanksgiving! Love this post – it is honestly my dream car! NEED!

Posted 11.23.17 Reply
  18. jaime wrote:

Love this time of year and listening to Xmas music! And I’m totally obsessed with that car!!

Posted 11.24.17 Reply
  19. Anna English wrote:

Such a stylish ride for errands around town! So festive.

Posted 11.25.17 Reply
  20. Amy M Loochtan wrote:

give me that fabulous car!

Posted 11.25.17 Reply
  21. Driving around to see the Christmas lights is my favorite holiday activity! In a luxe car like this, you could totally have a little party with your besties for the occasion. xo

Posted 11.26.17 Reply
  22. What a dream car!

Posted 11.26.17 Reply

• muted 🖤 taking today to listen, learn & educate myself. Let the voices of others be heard. #blackouttuesday
  • I see you. I hear you & I understand that I will never fully understand. I don’t always have the words or know when to say them, but one thing I do know is that I can’t be silent. We can all do better. We can open our eyes to the injustice, we can open our ears and listen in silence & we can open our mouths and be a voice💙
I have been heartbroken as I read the news stories, watched the videos & tried to take in everything that is happening in our country. While I may not know how it feels, I do know that I can make the choice to use my platform to speak up. I hope more people use their platform to speak up, even if they can’t find the right words. Here are some actionable things you can do (that I have done & encourage you do to as well) to make a small change today. Let’s all work to be better & a little more kind.✊🏻✊🏽✊🏾
•Continue to educate myself & those around me. (@theconsciouskid & @ckyourprivilege are great starting points on here). I plan on adding these books to my shelf.
-White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
-Me & White Supremacy by Layla Saad
-How We Fight For Our Lives by Saeed Jones
-How to Be an Anti-Racist by Ibram Kendi
•Lend a voice to those who need it
•Challenge myself to be uncomfortable
•Text Floyd to 55156
•Donate to organizations who are already doing the work
  • I’ll take all things bright & colorful, please! 💕 daydreaming about the day when I have somewhere to go so I can wear these pieces! 🙌🏻 sharing this roundup of spring finds today on lifewithemilyblog.com OR you can shop it at the link in bio + @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2PCh6 #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKspring #springfinds #warmweather #springstyles
  • 3️⃣2️⃣ looks good on you, @nick_wilkinson1! 🎉 happy birthday my love! I love you more than you know! I’m so grateful for the life we have built together & I’m thankful to be by your side through it all. I can’t wait to celebrate another year of you & watch you become a dad in a few short months! 👶🏻 cheers to another year of memories together! 💙#happybirthday #32ndbirthday #birthdayboy
  • Another rainy day ☔️ wishing for warmer days + being able to get dressed up to head out! But instead we’re curled up on the couch and are having a crock pot meal tonight... not mad about it! 💙 This maxi dress is so stunning in person & is so comfortable! Can’t wait to wear it out again! Shop everything here (earrings are $8, dress fits oversized I’m in an XS) http://liketk.it/2PgfP @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKspring  #fpxme #freepeople
  • Anyone else been tinkering with spaces around their house during quarantine?! 🙋🏼‍♀️I know I sure have! I have been using a mix of what I already own & what I have picked up from @kirklands (buy online, curbside pick up is a game changer!) to switch up spaces! 🙌🏻Best part is, I was able to refresh this space using only 4 items all for under $100! It's so easy to change out a few pieces to give a totally different look. [ad] shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2OYgA #LTKhome
#refresh4less #kirklandsinsiders #kirklandsfinds #kirklandshappiness