Hi friends! Long time, no chat! These last two weeks have been AMAZING! It was so nice to “sign off” and enjoy our wedding weekend with our friends & family, followed by our “mini moon” last week! It was so nice to relax with my husband (!!!) and soak in newlywed life together. I am beyond excited to share more (you can see a few sneak peeks on Instagram) but in the mean time, back to regular scheduled programming!
I’ve gotten a lot of DMs and emails regarding my makeup routine, so today I’m sharing my updated makeup routine with you all! I’ve been using these products for quite some time now (I’ve bought all of these numerous times!) so I highly recommend them all. Everything is linked below, but let me know if you have any questions in the comments! So let’s get started…
- PRIMER | Primer is the best base layer to keep your makeup lasting all throughout the day. I have always really liked Smashbox primer (they offer numerous depending on your skin type) and I’m a new fan of their Primer Water. It feels so refreshing to put on and also helps keep my skin feeling moisturized. I switch between the two depending on what my day looks like!
- FOUNDATION | I have been wearing this L’Oreal Infalliable foundation recently and I love it because it’s a great coverage and the price point is only $13. It comes in a matte formula and a glow formula. I prefer the glow, especially if I choose to wear this alone to run errands. It never feels caked on but lasts all day without smudging!
- CONCEALER | I have had the hardest time finding a concealer that covers a lot (but doesn’t feel sticky!) and doesn’t crease. I have loved using this Maybelline master conceal because it only takes a tiny dab to cover dark circles or pimples and it never creases.
- SETTING POWDER | I am obsessed with this setting powder by NARS. I use it to “set” my foundation and allow it to last all day. This setting powder is my favorite because it is so light, doesn’t take a lot of product & makes my skin look flawless (which it’s totally not haha!)
- POWDER | If I’m going for a “no-makeup/makeup” look I won’t wear powder, but if I’m prepping for a long day, then I apply either this matte powder or this pro-glow powder. Both are great coverage and complement my foundation well in terms of coverage.
- BLUSH | I used to be a tried-and-true bronzer girl, but now I much prefer blush to bronzer since I’m so fair skinned. My all time favorite blush is by Becca. I tend to switch colors based on the season, but my favorites include snapdragon, camilla, and foxglove. The glow from this blush is AMAZING!
- HIGHLIGHTER | Highlighter is one of my favorite makeup products. It makes a world of difference in your skin and overall look. I have used this one by Becca for YEARS now and I can’t see myself ever swaying from it! I use the color Opal.
- EYELINER | I don’t wear eyeliner daily, but when I do I reach for my Stila eyeliner. It gives such a precise line and never smudges!
- MASCARA PRIMER | This is one product that I swear by! I apply this primer and let it dry while working on my eyebrows. Once it dries I apply my mascara over it for an instant voluminous and long eyelashes! It also helps my mascara to stay on my lashes and not flake off throughout the day.
- MASCARA | If there’s one product that I can’t live without it’s definitely mascara. I have long eyelashes, but they are blonde so without mascara I look scary (haha!) I swear by Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara as well as Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara. Both are splurge worthy but 100% worth it! if you’re looking for a more affordable option, I love Maybelline’s Colossal Big Shot mascara too!
- EYESHADOW | If I’m going out for date night or an event I will apply some eyeshadow. I’ve never been much of an eyeshadow girl, but this palette changed me! The palette itself is affordable and the best part is that all of the colors are actually useable!
- EYEBROWS | Ok I have a funny confession… back in middle school all of my girlfriends were getting their eyebrows waxed. Obviously I had FOMO because my mom wouldn’t let me… so I decided to shave part of my eyebrow (that’s right… SHAVE). Needless to say, my eyebrows have never recovered from that disaster so they require a bit of maintenance. I’ve been working on growing them out in an attempt to “fix” them. I first shape my brows with this brow pencil and then fill them in with this duo by Anastasia.
- LIPS | I always feel like a ghost without something on my lips, so I always finish my look with a lipstick (usually I wear either creme cup or mehr) and a gloss (I’m obsessed with NYX butter gloss in creme brûlée )
- SETTING SPRAY | Last, but not least, I spray my face with this setting spray to keep my makeup lasting all day long!