The Best Winter Moisturizer

Let’s be real for a second… I was not blessed with the best skin. While I am lucky in the fact that I don’t have breakouts and don’t have oily skin, I do have uneven skin tone and rather “dull” skin. Since my skin isn’t oily, the cold winter months tend to do a number on my skin. I always have to alter my skincare routine in the winter to combat the dryness that the weather brings.

A little over a month ago, I had the opportunity to “blind test” a new moisturizer. All I knew is the product was called Whip. Even though I didn’t know the brand, I decided to give it a try since the cold weather had recently rolled in and I was desperate to find a new moisturizer! I have to say, I really loved “blind testing” the product because I was able to try it without any preconceived notions and gather my own thoughts and opinions as I continued to try it.

For two weeks, I incorporated this mystery product, Whip, into my morning routine (after coffee of course!) Over those two weeks I noticed a difference in my skin and couldn’t wait to find out the brand.

INITIAL THOUGHTS ON “WHIP”

• It felt really light and airy on my skin. This is something I wasn’t expecting since normally moisturizers tend to feel thick and almost sticky on my skin.
  • There was virtually no “drying” time. Normally in the mornings, I put on my moisturizer and go make my coffee while I’m waiting for it to soak in and “dry.” This product seemed to absorb into my skin quickly, which was great because it has helped cut down my getting ready time! (Hey, those few extra minutes add up!)
  • My skin felt so incredibly soft. After using it for two weeks I could tell a difference in how my skin felt.
  • Overall my skin didn’t look as dull. Like I mentioned above, I struggle with dull skin, especially in the winter. I was so impressed with the “glow” this product gave my skin.

After two weeks, I was excited to find out the brand behind the product and was impressed to find out it was by Olay, a brand that you can get at so many stores! I’m looking forward to continuing to use Olay Whip throughout the winter. If you’re interested in trying the product, click here to purchase at CVS!

This post is sponsored by Olay. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

1. Natali wrote:

You are such a natural beauty! True stunner!

Posted 12.15.17 Reply
  2. That tray is gorgeous!

Posted 12.15.17 Reply
  3. Kate wrote:

You’re making me want to try this! Especially this winter with how my skin has become, it sounds great!

Posted 12.15.17 Reply
  4. Jessica wrote:

I have been dying to try this!

Posted 12.15.17 Reply
  5. Love that floral robe! I keep hearing such great things about this product!!

Posted 12.16.17 Reply
  6. LuxMommy wrote:

Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been looking for a good moisturizer to try from the drugstore.

Posted 12.16.17 Reply
  7. Dying to try this stuff! I have heard so many good things.

Posted 12.16.17 Reply
  8. Yes, girl!!! This moisturizer is fantastic!

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  9. I’ve seen a lot of posts about the Olay Whip so I’m definitely intrigued. Love, love, love the packaging.

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  10. Amy M Loochtan wrote:

you look absolutely gorgeous in these photos!

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  11. Sara wrote:

I so need to try this Whip moisturizer ASAP because I’ve been hearing such amazing things about it! And your skin looks flawless, per usual 🙂

xo, Sara

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  12. I’ve been meaning to check this one out, loved reading this post!

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  13. Sounds amazing, and your photos are gorgeous!

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  14. Shelby wrote:

I’ve heard such great things about this moisturizer and I’m always looking for a more affordable one to try! Thanks for sharing your experience with it!

xo, Shelby

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  15. sarah tripp wrote:

Heard so many amazing things about the Whips!

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  16. Megan wrote:

Just the name alone makes me want to try this.

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  17. Shelby Back wrote:

I’m always looking for a good moisturizer! I need to try this asap!

xo!
    Shelby

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
  18. Anna English wrote:

I’m obsessed with the smell of this moisturizer!

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
  19. Krista wrote:

Your skin is absolutely flawless lady!

xoxo
    Krista

Posted 12.18.17 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50