The Best Winter Moisturizer

Let’s be real for a second… I was not blessed with the best skin. While I am lucky in the fact that I don’t have breakouts and don’t have oily skin, I do have uneven skin tone and rather “dull” skin. Since my skin isn’t oily, the cold winter months tend to do a number on my skin. I always have to alter my skincare routine in the winter to combat the dryness that the weather brings.

A little over a month ago, I had the opportunity to “blind test” a new moisturizer. All I knew is the product was called Whip. Even though I didn’t know the brand, I decided to give it a try since the cold weather had recently rolled in and I was desperate to find a new moisturizer! I have to say, I really loved “blind testing” the product because I was able to try it without any preconceived notions and gather my own thoughts and opinions as I continued to try it.

For two weeks, I incorporated this mystery product, Whip, into my morning routine (after coffee of course!) Over those two weeks I noticed a difference in my skin and couldn’t wait to find out the brand.

INITIAL THOUGHTS ON “WHIP”

• It felt really light and airy on my skin. This is something I wasn’t expecting since normally moisturizers tend to feel thick and almost sticky on my skin.
  • There was virtually no “drying” time. Normally in the mornings, I put on my moisturizer and go make my coffee while I’m waiting for it to soak in and “dry.” This product seemed to absorb into my skin quickly, which was great because it has helped cut down my getting ready time! (Hey, those few extra minutes add up!)
  • My skin felt so incredibly soft. After using it for two weeks I could tell a difference in how my skin felt.
  • Overall my skin didn’t look as dull. Like I mentioned above, I struggle with dull skin, especially in the winter. I was so impressed with the “glow” this product gave my skin.

After two weeks, I was excited to find out the brand behind the product and was impressed to find out it was by Olay, a brand that you can get at so many stores! I’m looking forward to continuing to use Olay Whip throughout the winter. If you’re interested in trying the product, click here to purchase at CVS!

This post is sponsored by Olay. All thoughts, writing & styling are my own.

1. Natali wrote:

You are such a natural beauty! True stunner!

Posted 12.15.17 Reply
  2. That tray is gorgeous!

Posted 12.15.17 Reply
  3. Kate wrote:

You’re making me want to try this! Especially this winter with how my skin has become, it sounds great!

Posted 12.15.17 Reply
  4. Jessica wrote:

I have been dying to try this!

Posted 12.15.17 Reply
  5. Love that floral robe! I keep hearing such great things about this product!!

Posted 12.16.17 Reply
  6. LuxMommy wrote:

Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been looking for a good moisturizer to try from the drugstore.

Posted 12.16.17 Reply
  7. Dying to try this stuff! I have heard so many good things.

Posted 12.16.17 Reply
  8. Yes, girl!!! This moisturizer is fantastic!

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  9. I’ve seen a lot of posts about the Olay Whip so I’m definitely intrigued. Love, love, love the packaging.

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  10. Amy M Loochtan wrote:

you look absolutely gorgeous in these photos!

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  11. Sara wrote:

I so need to try this Whip moisturizer ASAP because I’ve been hearing such amazing things about it! And your skin looks flawless, per usual 🙂

xo, Sara

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  12. I’ve been meaning to check this one out, loved reading this post!

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  13. Sounds amazing, and your photos are gorgeous!

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  14. Shelby wrote:

I’ve heard such great things about this moisturizer and I’m always looking for a more affordable one to try! Thanks for sharing your experience with it!

xo, Shelby

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  15. sarah tripp wrote:

Heard so many amazing things about the Whips!

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  16. Megan wrote:

Just the name alone makes me want to try this.

Posted 12.17.17 Reply
  17. Shelby Back wrote:

I’m always looking for a good moisturizer! I need to try this asap!

xo!
    Shelby

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
  18. Anna English wrote:

I’m obsessed with the smell of this moisturizer!

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
  19. Krista wrote:

Your skin is absolutely flawless lady!

xoxo
    Krista

Posted 12.18.17 Reply

• It’s GENDER REVEAL day!💙👶🏻💕We’re having our families over today to find out the gender of our little baby & we are SO excited! I’m sharing some of the results of old wives tales - what do you think we’re having a BOY or GIRL?! 👶🏻
....
1. No morning sickness 💙
2. Chinese calendar says girl 💕
3. The ring test says boy 💙
4. Heartbeat over 150 means girl 💕
5. Having dry hands is sign of a boy & mine have been a bit dry💙
6. Pregnancy acne means girl💕
7. Calm= girl, clumsy=boy - I have been SO clumsy lately💙
8. Having headaches is a sign of a boy - I have had BAD ones💙
9. Craving salty=boy, sweets=girl - I tend to crave both so 💕or💙
10. Feeling more cold means boy, feeling more warm means girl - I have been cold 24/7 💙
11. Moody means girl, calm means boy - Nick would says I’ve been a bit moody 🤣💕
....
Shop my dress: http://liketk.it/2KGdj @liketoknow.it #ltkunder50 #stylethebump
#gendereveal #genderrevealparty #pregnancyannouncement #wereexpecting #oldwivestales #pregnant #18weeks #boyorgirl #heorshe #parentstobe #momanddadtobe #pregnantblogger
  • Sharing our dining room transformation on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 swipe to see the before photo (from when we viewed the property!)
.....
so what did we do? 🧰
-added wainscoting (huge thanks to my dad!) 🙌🏻
-painted the trim white
-added a bold color to the walls thanks to @clarepaint! The color is Goodnight Moon & it’s the perfect true navy with no undertones!
-swapped out the light fixture
-refinished the sideboard
.....
We are so happy with the transformation & how the space turned out!
#enwhome #homeimprovement #clarepaint #shareyourclare #diningroom #diy #diyprojects
  • It’s another rainy day here (we’re on day 7163 I’m pretty sure!) 💦 I’m currently wishing for warmer days & shorts weather! 🌴 my post from Aruba is live - complete with where to eat/drink along with things to see & do! 🌊 #Aruba #onehappyisland #onehappyislandaruba #enwexplores http://liketk.it/2Kw8W #LTKtravel #LTKswim #agolde #aexme #aerieswim #aeriereal
  • Happy Valentine’s Day 💙 We’re celebrating our 10th Valentine’s Day together and our last one as just the two of us! 👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏻We’re keeping it low-key & cooking a delicious dinner together🍴I love the life we have built together & can’t wait to see you be the cutest, most caring dad 🥰 p.s. swipe to see some throwback pics of us from 2005-ish ... we were babies! 😂 #valentinesday #myforevervalentine
  • AD: It's no secret that I love anything to do with true crime, so when I heard about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I knew I just *had* to read it! 📖🕵🏼‍♀️This book reminded me a lot of the Serial podcast & it's safe to say I was instantly hooked! I read this book in 24 hours because I simply couldn't put it down and I had to know how Pip's senior project surrounding the disappearance of Andie Bell played out! If you need another book to add to your list, be sure it's this one! 📚 Sharing more in stories! @GetUnderlined  @hojay92 #GetUnderlined #GetUnderlinedPartner #AGoodGirlsGuidetoMurder
  • 16 weeks with this sweet baby 💙💕 I’m sharing my first trimester recap and a Q&A (answering all your questions from stories!) on lifewithemilyblog.com. Dress linked here: http://liketk.it/2JVy1 #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder50 #16weeks #pregnant #werehavingababy #stylethebump #bumpstyle