Blazer & Boyfriend Jeans

While I love an excuse to get dressed up for holiday parties, not all holiday gatherings require cocktail attire. Sometimes I’m not exactly sure to wear to these kind of parties. Do I go super casual? What if I’m overdressed? I always panic a little haha! Today I wanted to share a look that would be great for a more casual holiday get together! This outfit still allows you to be a bit dressed up, while still remaining casual!

Let’s start with the blazer. This blazer is a great one to have in your closet because it can easily be worn in a work setting or styled a bit more casually, like I have styled it below! I love the plaid for the holidays and the metallic shine adds a fun element! I paired the blazer with this lightweight double cuff sweater to keep things a little more casual. You could easily pair this look with coated denim or dark wash skinnies for a more classic look, but I opted for boyfriend jeans this time around! And I can’t go without chatting about these heels. I got them after seeing a friend rave about them and I have to say, these were SUCH a good purchase! I’ve worn them a lot recently and they’ve proven to be quite comfortable!

PLAID METALLIC BLAZER | GREY SWEATER | BOYFRIEND JEANS (also love THESE) | BLACK HEELS | TOM FORD SUNGLASSES | FLORAL STATEMENT EARRINGS (50% off right now) | ZAC BY ZAC POSEN HANDBAG c/o (more styles HERE)

1. Courtney wrote:

I LOVE how you styled your blazer. I have a closet full of blazers for work but I never think to style them casually – I really need to start!

courtneyincouture.com

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  2. Natali wrote:

You are looking flawless in this masculine outfit! I like your blazer so much!

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  3. Always love a boyfriend jean and blazer! So classic and cool:)

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  4. Jessica Camerata wrote:

I think this may be my FAVORITE outfit you’ve ever worn. Love love love this look! And I think I need these shoes and bags.
    xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  5. Really LOVE your blazer!!!

xo Sabrina

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  6. LOVE. It’s seriously one of the best combos!!

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  7. miriam wrote:

what a cute blazer! i love the grid lines!

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  8. In love with this outfit! Hope you have a Happy Holidays girl!

Xx Taylor

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  9. the cape on the corner wrote:

that bag is perfection, and i love this whole look. i wish blazers looked as drapey and casual yet still super chic on me. i always feel officey.
    b

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  10. Azanique wrote:

I have never tried to wear boyfriends jeans but you are killing them girl!! I love this look.

-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com

Posted 12.21.17 Reply
  11. Shelby Back wrote:

This might be one of my favorite outfits of yours! so cute friend!

xo!
    Shelby

Posted 12.21.17 Reply

What a cute look! I love the blazer!

Liz

Posted 12.21.17 Reply
  13. Amanda wrote:

Love how you styled this blazer– perfect for work or a casual outing! I love the design on it as well, gives it that something extra.

Posted 12.21.17 Reply
  14. Jamaria wrote:

I am loving your shoes!! Great look!

Jamaria | http://www.throughjamseyes.com

Posted 12.22.17 Reply
  15. Ashley wrote:

This is such a chic look!! I love your denim!!

Posted 12.22.17 Reply
  16. Sara wrote:

Girlfriend you are killing it in this blazer and jean look and I love the bag and shoes!

xo, Sara

Posted 12.23.17 Reply
  17. Nina wrote:

You look so cute in that blazer and that bag is one of my faves!

Xo, Nina
    Law of Fashion Blog

Posted 12.24.17 Reply
  18. Minau wrote:

Such a great ensemble!

Posted 12.25.17 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50