The Best Winter Jacket

The weather in North Carolina has been downright freezing lately! While I don’t typically mind the cold, the 10 and 20 degree days have me SO ready for spring. This weather has made even the simplest of tasks, like going to the grocery store, so daunting haha. Anyone else lack motivation when the temps dip low?!

Lately I’ve been relying on layering up and my favorite winter jacket to keep me warm. A few years ago I invested in a Barbour jacket and I can say it has been the best winter jacket. After doing some research, I purchased the Classic Beadnell Wax Jacket as it seemed perfect for everyday wear and fit my needs well. This winter in particular I have worn it non-stop (in rain, snow, etc.) and it still looks brand new. Over the years I’ve had my fair share of winter coats, but none have kept me warm like this one! Anyways, this is an outfit I’ve had on repeat recently due to pure warmth and comfort!

I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend! I’m off to an event later this afternoon (be sure to follow along on IG stories) & I’m not sure what the rest of the weekend holds…which is sometimes nice.

FISHERMAN SWEATER (SIMILAR) | BARBOUR BEADNELL WAX JACKET | DARK WASH DENIM | MADEWELL TOTE (also love THESE) | SAM EDELMAN BOOTS | RAY-BAN SUNGLASSES

1. Aleda wrote:

What size of the barbour did you get?

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Aleda,

I got the US2 in the jacket. Barbour tends to fit a bit more oversized, so I went with the smallest size. It’s great to wear with just a long sleeve or a bigger sweater! 🙂 Hope that helps!

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
  2. Natali wrote:

That’s a perfect parka jacket and I love your tall boots too!

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
  3. Jessica wrote:

From the jacket to the boots and bag, you look so chic! And yes, it’s been freezing everywhere!

Posted 1.12.18 Reply

Such a cute outfit! I love it all!

Liz

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
  5. kileen wrote:

This jacket is so cute and such a great closet staple!! Love the plaid detail on the sleeves!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 1.13.18 Reply
  6. sarahef93 wrote:

Such a classic outfit!
    xx Sarah

Posted 1.13.18 Reply
  7. Stephani wrote:

Your outfit is so cute! I love that jacket such a great one!

Xo, Steph

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  8. Ashley wrote:

This jacket is so cute! Absolutely love how you styled it!

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  9. maggie wrote:

The perfect look!!

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  10. This looks like such an excellent winter outfit when you still want to keep classy. I really love your layering and those boots!

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  11. Love the jacket but smitten with the cable knit sweater!! What a classic outfit!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.16.18 Reply
  12. Lacey wrote:

Those boots are gorgggg!

xo
    Lacey
    A Lacey Perspective

Posted 1.16.18 Reply
  13. Lindsay wrote:

I am loving this casual winter look! The weather has been so cold here lately too 🙁

Posted 1.18.18 Reply
  14. tayemalott wrote:

Love this jacket! You look gorgeous!

XO,Tay

Posted 1.19.18 Reply

• Today’s plan: soak up some ☀️ & get a bit more reading in before it’s time to head back home! 📚 Just started #theperfectgirlfriend and I’m already hooked! #enwreads Get all details here or in the @liketoknow.it app (I linked the book too!) http://liketk.it/2B9iy #liketkit #enwexplores #bookstagram
  • Being at the beach means it’s acceptable to eat oysters every night at happy hour, right?! #askingforafriend🙈 off to grab dinner & drinks with my love! Outfit details at the link in bio or in @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2B8Ie #liketkit #LTKsalealert #LTKunder50 #enwexplores
  • Weekend, we’re ready for ya! 🙌🏻we’re spending the weekend at my parent’s beach house & I couldn’t be happier about it! 👙🌴🌊 I plan on spending time by the pool reading, hanging in the jacuzzi & taking walks on the beach 🙌🏻 shop this look at the link in my bio or with the @liketoknow.it app (username emilynwilkinson) http://liketk.it/2B7dF #liketkit #enwexplores #charleston #toyotarav4 #rav4 #barringtongifts
  • It’s #nationalpetday and I’ll take any excuse to share pics of my sweet Charlie 💙 everyday is national Charlie day in our household 😹 Adopting Charlie 6 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. At the time I wasn’t a cat lady, but this little fatty has made me the craziest cat lady & I cannot imagine our lives without him!
Last month I had the pleasure of working with @localtoyotadealers on a campaign and we ended up donating $1000 to the Humane Society @hspiedmont in hopes of helping all the kitties & puppies get the help they need and find a furever home 💙#charliekittybaby #adoptdontshop #sogso #humanesociety
  • Cheers to 29 & the last year of my 20s! 🎉🥳🎈Looking forward to another year of fun, traveling & making a lot of memories! Chatting about my honest thoughts on getting older and sharing the things I want to do in my last year of my 20s today on lifewithemilyblog.com 💙 feeling thankful to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends & family! #cheersto29 #happybirthday
  • Last night of bein’ 28! 🥳Off to dinner @1618seafoodgrille with my fam before I turn 29!
My top, sunglasses, earrings, bag & shoes are 20-25% off! Shop everything here http://liketk.it/2B2Ma @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkunder100