The Best Winter Jacket

The weather in North Carolina has been downright freezing lately! While I don’t typically mind the cold, the 10 and 20 degree days have me SO ready for spring. This weather has made even the simplest of tasks, like going to the grocery store, so daunting haha. Anyone else lack motivation when the temps dip low?!

Lately I’ve been relying on layering up and my favorite winter jacket to keep me warm. A few years ago I invested in a Barbour jacket and I can say it has been the best winter jacket. After doing some research, I purchased the Classic Beadnell Wax Jacket as it seemed perfect for everyday wear and fit my needs well. This winter in particular I have worn it non-stop (in rain, snow, etc.) and it still looks brand new. Over the years I’ve had my fair share of winter coats, but none have kept me warm like this one! Anyways, this is an outfit I’ve had on repeat recently due to pure warmth and comfort!

I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend! I’m off to an event later this afternoon (be sure to follow along on IG stories) & I’m not sure what the rest of the weekend holds…which is sometimes nice.

FISHERMAN SWEATER (SIMILAR) | BARBOUR BEADNELL WAX JACKET | DARK WASH DENIM | MADEWELL TOTE (also love THESE) | SAM EDELMAN BOOTS | RAY-BAN SUNGLASSES

1. Aleda wrote:

What size of the barbour did you get?

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Aleda,

I got the US2 in the jacket. Barbour tends to fit a bit more oversized, so I went with the smallest size. It’s great to wear with just a long sleeve or a bigger sweater! 🙂 Hope that helps!

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
  2. Natali wrote:

That’s a perfect parka jacket and I love your tall boots too!

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
  3. Jessica wrote:

From the jacket to the boots and bag, you look so chic! And yes, it’s been freezing everywhere!

Posted 1.12.18 Reply

Such a cute outfit! I love it all!

Liz

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
  5. kileen wrote:

This jacket is so cute and such a great closet staple!! Love the plaid detail on the sleeves!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 1.13.18 Reply
  6. sarahef93 wrote:

Such a classic outfit!
    xx Sarah

Posted 1.13.18 Reply
  7. Stephani wrote:

Your outfit is so cute! I love that jacket such a great one!

Xo, Steph

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  8. Ashley wrote:

This jacket is so cute! Absolutely love how you styled it!

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  9. maggie wrote:

The perfect look!!

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  10. This looks like such an excellent winter outfit when you still want to keep classy. I really love your layering and those boots!

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  11. Love the jacket but smitten with the cable knit sweater!! What a classic outfit!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.16.18 Reply
  12. Lacey wrote:

Those boots are gorgggg!

xo
    Lacey
    A Lacey Perspective

Posted 1.16.18 Reply
  13. Lindsay wrote:

I am loving this casual winter look! The weather has been so cold here lately too 🙁

Posted 1.18.18 Reply
  14. tayemalott wrote:

Love this jacket! You look gorgeous!

XO,Tay

Posted 1.19.18 Reply

• Happy Valentine’s Day, my love! I’ll take any excuse I can get to celebrate you & our love! Lucky to call you mine today and everyday 💙 I hope y’all have a great day celebrating those you love, no matter if it’s friends, family or your significant other! -
Photo: @alexastuttsphotography
  • Give me stripes & I’m happy 💙 I can’t even count the amount of striped tops I have in my closet... don’t judge 🙈 I obviously needed to add this utility top to the mix, right?! This one is on sale for $30 right now - shop everything at the link in bio (just click shop my IG!) or with the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2zUDN #liketkit
  • Muah! 💋💕Valentine’s day is just a few days away, what are your plans?! We typically keep it low-key for Valentine’s Day!
Today I’m sharing unique, inexpensive date night ideas plus a few gift ideas for the one you love with @babbleboxxofficial! I’m obsessed with these fun ❤️ sunglasses from @zennioptical, perfect for V-Day! Shop everything else here: http://liketk.it/2zRfU @liketoknow.it #liketkit #lovemyzennis #lovebabbleboxx #525america #valentinesday #vday #dgso
  • All plans are canceled until further notice! (📚💌!) I just got Two Can Keep a Secret in the mail & am so excited to read it (I read One of Us is Lying last year and loved it!) If you're looking for a good suspense book, this is it! @getunderlined #partner #ad p.s. I have a new blog post up on my site (link in bio) today - the 50 new releases I'm looking forward to reading in 2019! #enwreads
http://liketk.it/2zLU6 #liketkit
  • All smiles because it was 65° today & we grabbed dinner on the patio at one of our fav spots! 🙌🏻☀️I’m loving this spring-like weather!
This outfit is filled with closet basics & I’m not mad about it! Get all details at the link in my bio (just click->shop my instagram) or with @liketoknow.it app. *sizing: jacket runs big - size down, sneakers run big - size down 1/2 size!* http://liketk.it/2zJoW @liketoknow.it #liketkit #everydaymadewell #madewellnc
  • When it comes to traveling, whether by ✈️ or on a 🚙 trip, I prefer to be comfortable (while still looking a bit pulled together!)

today I’m sharing a recent travel outfit and chatting all about these comfortable, function pieces including these @wearkizik pop-on sneakers! 💙 head to the link in bio for the post and shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2zDCZ #liketkit @liketoknow.it #wearkizik #traveloutfit #ltkfit #ootd #athleisure #whatimwearing