The Best Winter Jacket

The weather in North Carolina has been downright freezing lately! While I don’t typically mind the cold, the 10 and 20 degree days have me SO ready for spring. This weather has made even the simplest of tasks, like going to the grocery store, so daunting haha. Anyone else lack motivation when the temps dip low?!

Lately I’ve been relying on layering up and my favorite winter jacket to keep me warm. A few years ago I invested in a Barbour jacket and I can say it has been the best winter jacket. After doing some research, I purchased the Classic Beadnell Wax Jacket as it seemed perfect for everyday wear and fit my needs well. This winter in particular I have worn it non-stop (in rain, snow, etc.) and it still looks brand new. Over the years I’ve had my fair share of winter coats, but none have kept me warm like this one! Anyways, this is an outfit I’ve had on repeat recently due to pure warmth and comfort!

I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend! I’m off to an event later this afternoon (be sure to follow along on IG stories) & I’m not sure what the rest of the weekend holds…which is sometimes nice.

FISHERMAN SWEATER (SIMILAR) | BARBOUR BEADNELL WAX JACKET | DARK WASH DENIM | MADEWELL TOTE (also love THESE) | SAM EDELMAN BOOTS | RAY-BAN SUNGLASSES

1. Aleda wrote:

What size of the barbour did you get?

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Hi Aleda,

I got the US2 in the jacket. Barbour tends to fit a bit more oversized, so I went with the smallest size. It’s great to wear with just a long sleeve or a bigger sweater! 🙂 Hope that helps!

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
  2. Natali wrote:

That’s a perfect parka jacket and I love your tall boots too!

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
  3. Jessica wrote:

From the jacket to the boots and bag, you look so chic! And yes, it’s been freezing everywhere!

Posted 1.12.18 Reply

Such a cute outfit! I love it all!

Liz

Posted 1.12.18 Reply
  5. kileen wrote:

This jacket is so cute and such a great closet staple!! Love the plaid detail on the sleeves!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 1.13.18 Reply
  6. sarahef93 wrote:

Such a classic outfit!
    xx Sarah

Posted 1.13.18 Reply
  7. Stephani wrote:

Your outfit is so cute! I love that jacket such a great one!

Xo, Steph

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  8. Ashley wrote:

This jacket is so cute! Absolutely love how you styled it!

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  9. maggie wrote:

The perfect look!!

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  10. This looks like such an excellent winter outfit when you still want to keep classy. I really love your layering and those boots!

Posted 1.14.18 Reply
  11. Love the jacket but smitten with the cable knit sweater!! What a classic outfit!

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

Posted 1.16.18 Reply
  12. Lacey wrote:

Those boots are gorgggg!

xo
    Lacey
    A Lacey Perspective

Posted 1.16.18 Reply
  13. Lindsay wrote:

I am loving this casual winter look! The weather has been so cold here lately too 🙁

Posted 1.18.18 Reply
  14. tayemalott wrote:

Love this jacket! You look gorgeous!

XO,Tay

Posted 1.19.18 Reply

• Men are always the *hardest* people to shop for, right?! 🤷🏼‍♀️🎁 If you’re still struggling with what to get the guy (husband, s.o, dad, etc) in your life - check out the new @barringtongifts canvas captain’s bag! I got one for Nick this fall & he has used it a ton already! I’m sharing all the details on lifewithemilyblog.com & my men’s gift guide will be up tomorrow! Shop everything here: http://liketk.it/2I4cG @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKfamily #LTKholidaygiftguide #mensgifts #mensgiftideas #giftideasforhim #barringtongifts #barrington
  • Twirling into a new week 🖤 I have this thing for leopard print & I can’t get enough of this shimmery leopard print skirt! It’s under $75 & would be perfect for holiday parties! Shop this look at the link in my bio or here: http://liketk.it/2HXQ5 #liketkit @liketoknow.it #LTKholidaystyle #gibsonxhisugarplum #holidayoutfits #holidayoutfitideas #nordstrom
  • It’s the holiday season, which means plenty of travel coming up! ✈️🚙 We’re heading on vacation at the end of the month 🌴 & I’ll be packing some @verabradley essentials, including my large spinner suitcase and the blush & brush cosmetic case. [ad] I’ve been traveling with Vera Bradley items since I was about 10 (hello, you *had* to have the duffel! 💁🏼‍♀️) and I love that their pieces are so functional & high quality! See more of my travel picks in my stories & shop this at the link in my bio! #verabradley #enwexplores #holidaytravel
  • There’s still a few hours to shop @serenaandlily’s 25% off sale! 🎉 It’s a great time to get home gifts for those you love (and maybe a few items for yourself, too!) I grabbed a few sets of these coaster sets to give as gifts this holiday season! 💙 Shop the coasters, tray & a few other SL products I own and love here: http://liketk.it/2HMdm @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ltkhome #serenaandlily #slpartner #giftidea #homedecor #homegifts
  • Our 2019 holiday cards arrived from @zola & we love them! ❤️ we went with simple this year (and even used a self-timer to take the pic!) and the customization process with Zola was incredibly simple as well! 🙌🏻 you can get your holiday cards 50% off with code ZOLAHOLIDAY50 🙌🏻✨🎄#Zola #zolaholiday #christmascards
  • ‘Tis the season!🎄hope you all had a great holiday yesterday! I’m now in full Christmas mode (let’s be real, our house has been decorated for a few weeks now haha!) ✨ we got a second tree this year & I’m so in love with our @kingofchristmas flocked tree! Get a discount with code EmilyNWilkinson 💙 shop everything here (my top & jeans are on sale!) http://liketk.it/2Hz62 @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKholidayathome #blackfriday #holidaydecor #kingofchristmas #blackfridaysale #abercrombiestyle #christmasdecor