I love listening to podcasts. Of course my love of podcasts originally started when I was trying to pass the time on road trips. But now I find myself listening to them when I’m getting ready and throughout the work day. I feel like my podcast app is constantly overflowing with new episodes of my favorite podcasts and most recently with new shows to listen to! Today I wanted to share my favorite podcasts with you-from true crime to business! I am always looking for a new one to listen to, so please feel free to share your favorites in the comments below!
TRUE CRIME PODCASTS
I have always been really interested in crime shows and books, so it should come as no surprise that I really enjoy true crime podcasts too. Honestly, my favorite true crime podcasts could be an entire post on it’s own- but I’ll stick with the most recent ones I’ve been listening to lately & I’ll save the rest (like My Favorite Murder & Sword & Scale) for another post!
- ATLANTA MONSTER | This podcast was released less than a month ago and I’m already hooked on the three episodes that are available. If you liked Up and Vanished, then you’ll love this podcast by Payne Lindsay that documents the true story of Atlanta’s children going missing in the late 70s.
- A KILLING ON THE CAPE | In 2002, the murder of Christina Worthington rocked the town of Cape Cod. Her murder was a mystery for over 3 years as they tried to find her killer. I found this one interesting because the small town (especially on off-season) wasn’t prepped for something like this happening & the ways they went about collecting evidence were unorthodox to say the least.
- A MURDER ON ORCHARD STREET | When a night out on the town turns into someone getting murdered in the street, police are quick to investigate those who were with Burke O’Brien that night. The murder is still unsolved, but the reporter does a great job delving into all perspectives and giving updates from the family and how their lives changed and intertwined since the 2003 homicide.
- ACCUSED | I recently discovered this podcast and am currently knee deep in season one right now. Season one is all about the murder of Elizabeth Andes in her Ohio apartment in 1978. So far I really enjoy it and like the reporter’s voice (some reporter’s voices drive me crazy haha!) What was surprising about this case was that it was quickly determined an open & closed case by police, even though the evidence was severely lacking. I’m really excited about starting season two once I’m done with season one.
- DIRTY JOHN | You know the saying “if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is?” Debra should have listened to that saying after meeting John Meehan and instantly falling for his wit and charm. Both family and friends seem to pick up on John not being what he seems, but Debra was blinded by love. Debra ends up being entangled in a web of lies, denial, deception, and almost death. Disclaimer: I liked this podcast (albeit I could see ALL the red flags from the first episode!) but I almost couldn’t make it through the last episode because her daughter’s voice is insufferable. Just a fair warning haha 😉
COMEDY & TV BASED PODCASTS PODCASTS
While I love my true crime podcasts, they can be. bit daunting, so podcasts that provide a good laugh are necessary! Some of my favorites are based on TV shows, but others are just as hilarious!
- WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE | Are you an Andy Cohen fan like I am? Then you’ll love this podcast! I can’t always stay awake for the WWHL show on Bravo- so I’m glad this podcast exists so I don’t have major FOMO!
- WATCH WHAT CRAPPENS | Similar to above, if you’re a Bravo junkie, then you’ll appreciate Ben & Ronnie’s take on all things Bravo humor! They are laugh-out-loud funny and I love hearing their jokes and perspective on the Bravo shows!
- LADY GANG | Three girl bosses sharing their stories (and others!) while being funny at the same time?! Sign me up! I have loved hearing some really inspirational stories and learning a lot while listening!
- AFTER DECK WITH KATE CHASTAIN | Ok… I’m mildly obsessed with Bravo (as if you couldn’t tell already!) Admittedly I’ve only listened to a few episodes of this, but I am a HUGE fan of Below Deck and love hearing recaps and behind-the-scenes kind of stuff for TV shows! Plus, she’s hilarious and nothing is ever what it seems on TV.
PERSONAL AND/OR BUSINESS PODCASTS
I’ll admit, this roundup is quite random… but I’m kind of random so it works! These are great to listen to as background noise but will also make you re-think certain things and give you a new perspective.
- STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW | This podcast by HowStuffWorks is absolutely fascinating. It’s basically everything you didn’t realize you were curious about, but totally are. I feel like I learn so much every time I listen to this podcast (from hoarding and mosquitoes to dictators and everything in between!) I love that you can skip around with this podcast too!
- TERRIBLE, THANKS FOR ASKING | This podcast is definitely not a feel good podcast by any means, but I love just how real it is. Have you ever had someone ask you how you are and you reallllly wanted to tell them exactly how you felt, but instead said “I’m great, how are you?” then this podcast is for you!
- DEAR SUGARS | Similar to a Dear Abby, this podcast answers all the questions you’ve wanted to ask but haven’t. Contrary to the name, they don’t sugar coat their answers either. It’s a “real” podcast and I love hearing their insights to the questions, whether they pertain to me or not!
- THE INFLUENCER PODCAST | If you’re a blogger, influencer or just very curious about the two, then this is a great podcast to listen to! It gives great advice for bloggers, both new and old, while also providing you with good takeaways to apply to your own business.
- WHAT REALLY HAPPENED? | Ever been curious about a moment in time or a famous person? This podcast delves into what really happened in a number of situations. Some of it is just fact, while other times he really leaves you with more questions… but important ones! This one is particularly fascinating because sometimes technology has played a part in bringing up new facts about a person or situation!
I would love to hear your favorite podcasts or any recommendations you may have! I hope y’all have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by! XO