Wedding Day Highlights Part I

Ahhhh, you guys I’m finally back with a new Wedding Wednesday post! The last Wedding Wednesday post was right before we got married and now I’ve been Mrs. Wilkinson for almost three months. I cannot believe how fast time flies!

We got our wedding photos back in December and it was so fun to get our families together to look at them over the holidays! We surprised our families with framed wedding photos for Christmas and they were a huge hit!

Today I wanted to share some of our wedding day highlights with you! These are moments that stood out during the day of our wedding and really made the day extra special. Today I’m sharing part one (leading up to the ceremony) and next week I’ll be back to share part two (ceremony & reception). I’ll also be breaking up the day and sharing more details and photos over the next few weeks! If there’s anything specific you’d like to see or want me to share, feel free to leave a comment or email me emily@lifewithemilyblog.com ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. We shared exclusive photos & wedding details with The Knot & you can see the feature HERE!

WEDDING DAY HIGHLIGHTS PART I

GETTING READY WITH MY GIRLS

Waking up on our wedding day was so surreal. I couldn’t believe the day was finally here and I was getting to marry the love of my life. My friend Kate and I stayed in the “Ready or Knot” suite at our venue the night before and it was so nice to be able to wake up and not have to pack up or go anywhere. I couldn’t wait for everyone to get there to start the celebrations!

My bridesmaids, mom, stepmom & mother in law joined in the suite at 10:30 to start getting ready for the day. Before everything got crazy, I took each mom aside privately and gave them their special gifts & a note I had written. Each moment was so special and sweet. Then I gave all of my bridesmaids their gifts and notes I had written for them. I’ll make sure I do a whole post about the gifts I gave everyone on the day of our wedding! We all had the best time laughing, crying & celebrating together. Having all of my favorite women in one room was so wonderful. We even created a fun “Wedding Morning” playlist on Spotify that we danced and sipped mimosas to all day! I can’t wait to share more getting ready photos & details with y’all!

WEARING MY GRANDMOTHER’S EARRINGS

During my second dress fitting I brought a few accessories with me to try on with my dress. I tried on a few pair of earrings before pulling out a pair of earrings that had been my grandmother’s. As soon as I put them on my mom & I knew they were *the* ones! It was really special to be able to have part of my grandmother with me throughout my wedding day. I kept it a secret from my dad until my first look with him & he was so happy that I was able to honor his mom during this special day.

EXCHANGING NOTES WITH NICK

Since Nick and I opted to not do a first look, we chose to exchange notes with each other before the ceremony. I knew the day would be a bit crazy, so I wrote my note in my phone the day before that way I could make sure everything made sense and I said exactly what I wanted to say. I’m so glad I did this because even just copying the note from my phone to the card made me break down crying numerous times!!! My bridesmaid, Jenn, helped with exchanging of the notes (and I love that photo of her & Nick!)

Nick’s note to me was so incredibly heartfelt. The whole time I was reading it I could hear his voice in my head and it made me smile from ear to ear. I couldn’t help but tear up while reading it. Luckily he knows I’m a total cry baby, so he threw some funny pieces in there as well! Once I was finished reading his note Jenn said, “ok are you ready for your other card?” I was so confused. She handed me another card that was addressed “to my future wife” and my tears started flowing before I even opened it. Reading that note made me fall even more in love with him and excited to see him waiting at the end of the aisle. He also wrote a note to my mom & stepmom. In one of the photos below you can see all three of us reading them (and crying!)

In addition to Nick’s note I gave him, I gave him a watch and a notebook. In the notebook, I kept a countdown to our wedding. Each day I would write how many days were left until “I do” and jot down my thoughts or special moments that happened that day. He was so surprised when I gave it to him after our rehearsal dinner. It was such a fun way to document that season of our life & it will be something we can look back on for years to come.

FIRST LOOKS WITH MY DAD & STEPDAD

I am blessed to have two wonderful men in my life and I wanted to make sure that I saw them prior to the ceremony. Leading up to our wedding day I was worried about crying (like I said above, I’m a total crier) but I knew without a doubt that I would cry during my first looks with my dad and stepdad. As soon as I met eyes with my dad we both immediately started crying. It was such a precious moment that I am so grateful for and that I will never forget. I only had a quick chance to dry my eyes before my stepdad was walking out for his first look! There were plenty more tears shed, but a few laughs too! Having those moments with them really helped ease my nerves a bit (and helped get out my tears haha!)

WEDDING DRESS: WATTERS AZALEA DRESS | EARRINGS: GRANDMOTHER’S | SHOES: STUART WEITZMAN | WHITE ROBE: PLUM PRETTY SUGAR c/o | BRIDESMAID’S ROBES: PLUM PRETTY SUGAR | BRIDESMAID DRESSES: WTOO BY WATTERS | BRIDE & GROOM CARDS: MARRYGRAMS | FATHER’S SUITS: J.CREW | FATHER’S TIES: THE TIE BAR | VENUE: PROXIMITY HOTEL | PHOTOGRAPHY: ALEXA’S PHOTOGRAPHY | HAIR & MAKEUP: CARLA WHITE BEAUTY | EVENT PLANNING: CARLY MARIE EVENTS | FLORAL: ABBA DESIGN | VIDEOGRAPHY: WHITEWASH FILMS |

Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m excited to share more wedding details & photos with y’all! Don’t forget if there’s anything you want to see, let me know!

1. Brianna Rooney wrote:

Emily! I know I have said it but everything was simply stunning! Even just the first photo on this post, you’re glowing. I cannot wait to see more posts but this is all so so special!

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  2. omg emily. I’m over here tearing up like a baby. you look gorgeous and these are such special moments you’re sharing!! Can’t wait for more!

xx,
    Lauren
    Lauren Elyce

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  3. These photos are stunning! Congratulations! Loved the beading on your dress.
    xo Jessica

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  4. What a beautiful wedding day! Your dress is so pretty and I love your bridesmaids dresses too! Congratulations, it looks dreamy!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  5. Mckenna wrote:

You look so incredibly beautiful!! Congrats on your marriage!

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  6. the cape on the corner wrote:

so beautiful i LOVE your dress and those earrings. they look perfect for that dress, and obviously it’s extra special bc of them being your grandmother’s. i thought i missed the wedding posts! glad i didn’t!
    b

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  7. Anna English wrote:

Such a special day Emily, you looked absolutely stunning! I went back to NC for a wedding at the Proximity in December, and it was such a great place for a winter wedding.

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  8. Wow, your photos turned out amazing! I love all the photos of your getting ready time with the girls. The bodice on your dress is stunning.

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  9. absolutelyannie wrote:

You look gorgeous and these pictures are amazing!!!

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  10. Shawn wrote:

I have loved following your story from the day I met you at the studio until today! Your wedding is one that little girls dream of and other women are envious of. Thank you for sharing such intimate parts of your life with us. โค๏ธ

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  11. Lisa Offrs wrote:

Congratulation Both. Love your dress.

Posted 1.17.18 Reply
  12. Oh my gosh these photos are absolutely beautiful! You look so stunning!

Posted 1.18.18 Reply
  13. Laura wrote:

Emily, your wedding photos are AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing some of your wedding day highlights. I can’t wait to see part 2!

xo, Laura

Posted 1.18.18 Reply
  14. kileen wrote:

These are soooo beautiful babe!! Gorgeous photos; looks like the most perfect day!

Kileen
    cute & little

Posted 1.18.18 Reply
  15. omg these are beautiful!!! makes me want to get married again!! <3

Posted 1.18.18 Reply
  16. maggie wrote:

Like a fairytale! You look beautiful!! Congrats!! XO

Posted 1.18.18 Reply
  17. Dawne L wrote:

Emily I just love your dress ๐Ÿ‘— and all of the wedding ๐Ÿ‘ฐ photos they were gorgeous. So were you.

Posted 1.18.18 Reply
  18. Shelby Back wrote:

oh em this is just precious! I loved reading about your day! this is all just so precious!

xo!
    Shelby

Posted 1.22.18 Reply
  19. Molly wrote:

I’m literally choking back tears from those pictures of you with your dad and step dad! How precious! Keep the Wedding Wednesday posts coming!

Posted 1.22.18 Reply

This is such a sweet post! I love seeing all the details of you getting ready for your wedding!

Liz

Posted 1.22.18 Reply
  21. Those photos with you and your dads make me want to cry! So sweet!

Megan | http://www.pipmegan.com

Posted 1.22.18 Reply
  22. Oh my goodness, this is such a beautiful post! I love hearing you tell this story, it made me think back to my wedding day & the excitement of it all! You look absolutely stunning in every picture!

Posted 1.23.18 Reply
  23. kileen wrote:

This is such a beautiful post!! Such a special day, full of special moments captured. You look so stunning!!!

Kileen

Posted 1.23.18 Reply
  24. Torey wrote:

Seriously the most precious and beautiful wedding photos! xx

Posted 1.23.18 Reply
  25. Sara wrote:

Ok I’m crying now! This post brought me back to our wedding day and to those moments before the church doors opened and I was standing there with my dad crying my eyes out like a baby! Em you look so beautiful and I’m so happy for you and Nick!

xo, Sara

Posted 1.24.18 Reply
    • Emily wrote:

Aren’t those some of the most precious moments leading up to the ceremony!!?? Thank you so much sweet friend! XO

Posted 1.25.18 Reply
  26. Fantastic photos from your special day!

Posted 1.29.18 Reply
  27. These photos are beyond stunning. What a beautiful day! Love the color of your bridesmaid dresses.

-Tristan

Posted 1.29.18 Reply

• Itโ€™s GENDER REVEAL day!๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•Weโ€™re having our families over today to find out the gender of our little baby & we are SO excited! Iโ€™m sharing some of the results of old wives tales - what do you think weโ€™re having a BOY or GIRL?! ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป
....
1. No morning sickness ๐Ÿ’™
2. Chinese calendar says girl ๐Ÿ’•
3. The ring test says boy ๐Ÿ’™
4. Heartbeat over 150 means girl ๐Ÿ’•
5. Having dry hands is sign of a boy & mine have been a bit dry๐Ÿ’™
6. Pregnancy acne means girl๐Ÿ’•
7. Calm= girl, clumsy=boy - I have been SO clumsy lately๐Ÿ’™
8. Having headaches is a sign of a boy - I have had BAD ones๐Ÿ’™
9. Craving salty=boy, sweets=girl - I tend to crave both so ๐Ÿ’•or๐Ÿ’™
10. Feeling more cold means boy, feeling more warm means girl - I have been cold 24/7 ๐Ÿ’™
11. Moody means girl, calm means boy - Nick would says Iโ€™ve been a bit moody ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’•
....
Shop my dress: http://liketk.it/2KGdj @liketoknow.it #ltkunder50 #stylethebump
#gendereveal #genderrevealparty #pregnancyannouncement #wereexpecting #oldwivestales #pregnant #18weeks #boyorgirl #heorshe #parentstobe #momanddadtobe #pregnantblogger
  • Sharing our dining room transformation on lifewithemilyblog.com ๐Ÿ’™ swipe to see the before photo (from when we viewed the property!)
.....
so what did we do? ๐Ÿงฐ
-added wainscoting (huge thanks to my dad!) ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป
-painted the trim white
-added a bold color to the walls thanks to @clarepaint! The color is Goodnight Moon & itโ€™s the perfect true navy with no undertones!
-swapped out the light fixture
-refinished the sideboard
.....
We are so happy with the transformation & how the space turned out!
#enwhome #homeimprovement #clarepaint #shareyourclare #diningroom #diy #diyprojects
  • Itโ€™s another rainy day here (weโ€™re on day 7163 Iโ€™m pretty sure!) ๐Ÿ’ฆ Iโ€™m currently wishing for warmer days & shorts weather! ๐ŸŒด my post from Aruba is live - complete with where to eat/drink along with things to see & do! ๐ŸŒŠ #Aruba #onehappyisland #onehappyislandaruba #enwexplores http://liketk.it/2Kw8W #LTKtravel #LTKswim #agolde #aexme #aerieswim #aeriereal
  • Happy Valentineโ€™s Day ๐Ÿ’™ Weโ€™re celebrating our 10th Valentineโ€™s Day together and our last one as just the two of us! ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿผโ€๐Ÿคโ€๐Ÿ‘จ๐ŸปWeโ€™re keeping it low-key & cooking a delicious dinner together๐ŸดI love the life we have built together & canโ€™t wait to see you be the cutest, most caring dad ๐Ÿฅฐ p.s. swipe to see some throwback pics of us from 2005-ish ... we were babies! ๐Ÿ˜‚ #valentinesday #myforevervalentine
  • AD: It's no secret that I love anything to do with true crime, so when I heard about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, I knew I just *had* to read it! ๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ•ต๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธThis book reminded me a lot of the Serial podcast & it's safe to say I was instantly hooked! I read this book in 24 hours because I simply couldn't put it down and I had to know how Pip's senior project surrounding the disappearance of Andie Bell played out! If you need another book to add to your list, be sure it's this one! ๐Ÿ“š Sharing more in stories! @GetUnderlined  @hojay92 #GetUnderlined #GetUnderlinedPartner #AGoodGirlsGuidetoMurder
  • 16 weeks with this sweet baby ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’• Iโ€™m sharing my first trimester recap and a Q&A (answering all your questions from stories!) on lifewithemilyblog.com. Dress linked here: http://liketk.it/2JVy1 #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder50 #16weeks #pregnant #werehavingababy #stylethebump #bumpstyle