White Jeans in Winter

Around this time every year I get anxious for warmer weather. The days feel dreary, the weather is freezing & I’m over layering up just to step outside! All of these things leave me feeling uninspired & kind of in a funk. Anyone else?

This past weekend I was determined to get out of that funk, so I brought out a few pieces that I always love wearing in the spring, but made them a little more winter appropriate! First up, I wore my favorite pair of white denim. I don’t follow the “no white after Labor Day” rule, so I’m able to get more wear out of my white denim! I also wore a chambray top. This is a piece that can be styled so many ways- no matter what the season! To keep the outfit winter appropriate, I paired it with this circle cardigan and suede booties. Both of these are winter closet staples and go with so much!

CHAMBRAY TOP | CIRCLE CARDIGAN (MORE COLORS AVAILABLE HERE) | WHITE DENIM (ALSO LOVE THESE WHITE JEANS) | SUEDE BOOTIES (ON SALE!) | QUAY SUNGLASSES | DAVID YURMAN BRACELETS

1. Natali wrote:

This is simply a flawless casual outfit! LOVE your bag and cardigan!

2. Danielle wrote:

White denim and chambray is one of my favorite combos! Love it with the grey sweater, too!

xx, Danielle

3. joevans29 wrote:

Oh my goodness this is so perfect! You look gorgeous in these shots and the color combo is so so lovely.

4. Anna English wrote:

I love these light layers Emily! I think I prefer wearing white denim in the winter vs spring/ summer!

• Emily wrote:

I’m kind of with ya, especially when it gets so darn hot here! I can’t even fathom wearing jeans in the summer haha!

Posted 1.25.18 Reply
  5. LOVE this casual look. And your sunnies are perfection!

6. rebecca wrote:

The no white after labor day rule is totally bogus! Love this look!!!

xx Rebecca

Posted 1.25.18 Reply
  7. I love that cardigan with your white jeans. This is such a crisp yet effortless outfit. I love it!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 1.25.18 Reply
  8. I love a good pair of white denim! White denim and chambray tops are always my favorite go to outfit! I love the added cardigan!

9. Mariah wrote:

I will definitely be wearing this outfit to work next week. Perfect inspiration!

Posted 1.25.18 Reply
  10. In love with this combination!

Xx Taylor

11. Kim wrote:

This outfit is perfect! Those booties are some of my absolute favorites!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 1.25.18 Reply
  12. I am personally a huge fan of white denim in the winter! And I love how you styled this pair.

xo Laura Leigh

13. Emma wrote:

This look is perfection! I’m all about the comfy winter look and I’m getting sick of layering too! I’ve also never followed the no white after Labor Day rule either.
    xo, Emma

14. hannahcstark wrote:

I love white jeans in the winter! Its so crisp and clean:)

xoxo, Hannah

Posted 1.28.18 Reply
  15. I love wearing white jeans in the winter!! You styled this perfectly!!

Posted 1.28.18 Reply

• Weekend plan: find Bernadette! 🕶💁🏼‍♀️🌍🎬so beyond thrilled that Where’d You Go Bernadette is officially in theaters TODAY! 🎉 last month I jetted off to Toronto thanks to @bernadettefilm for a once in a lifetime experience. We got to go to an advanced screening of #WheredYouGoBernadette followed by a Q&A with #RichardLinklater and the cast of the movie. It was truly fascinating hearing them talk about @mariasemple’s book to movie adaption, how they related to #Bernadette & all the filming details! I think I’m still reeling from being in the same room as these talented people! And yes, I totally fan girled over meeting & chatting with @sleepinthegardn (PLL FAN 4 LYFE!) 😂

If you loved the book, be sure to see the movie! And if you haven’t read the book yet, definitely add it to your shelf! 📚 #enwreads They did an incredible job adapting this book and maintaining the essence of Bernadette’s witty, exotic character! I think you’ll find yourself relating to Bernadette in *some* way throughout the movie! I loved it - I laughed, I teared up & it’s full of heartwarming moments! Huge thanks to @bernadettefilm for the wonderful weekend in #Toronto! 💙[ad] #cateblanchette #bernadettefilm #troianbellisario
  • We’re one day away from the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻 this late summer look is on the blog today & I’m chatting about how to transition both pieces into fall! 💙 to shop this look you can head to lifewithemilyblog.com or follow me in the @liketoknow.it app, just search emilynwilkinson http://liketk.it/2EbrB #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKstyletip #madewell #madewellnc
  • Looking for a great book to add to your reading list?! 📚 Don't worry, I've got ya covered with a new book called #AmericanRoyals! 👸🏻@katharinemcgee’s latest book is one that will suck you right in with a new royal family... and they're located in the USA! 🇺🇸You'll be enthralled with the royals, the scandals, and their family drama! This book publishes on September 3rd, but you can pre-order it now (link in my stories!) and if you submit your receipt you'll get a free tote with your pre-order purchase!  @getunderlined #getunderlined [ad]
US Residents 13+. Ends 9/2/19. See terms at bit.ly/2OqHxz0
  • Happy Monday, friends! 💓 Let’s start the week out right and spread a little kindness, starting with teachers! 👩🏼‍🏫 It’s August which means it’s back-to-school season, so I’ve teamed up with some other influencers to help #clearthelists for teachers and I hope you’ll join me! 📕✏️🖍📌📎📖💌 Please tag any teachers that are underfunded & desperately in need of supplies below. I have a teacher that I’m featuring on my IG Stories & you can see more lists on  @natsnextadventure @ashleyspivey @brooklynblonde1 @lipglossandcrayons
@katiemcrenshaw @lombardandfifth @girlgonechildinnyc @audreymcclellan @dreamingofhomemaking @the_rusticpallet @twindollicious @mellycoy @graceinthecrumbs @sarajanemercer and @mamacoaster. We all love and appreciate our teachers, let’s show them how much! 🍎#BloggersforBetter
  • It’s the weekend! 🎉🙌🏻💙 planning on having a low key weekend & catching up on reading after a crazy week! These were a few of my favorite reads from July! I HIGHLY recommend #MrsEverything & #CityofGirls 📚(all my book reviews are on the blog - link in bio!) http://liketk.it/2DSVd #enwreads
  • To be completely honest, today has been a shit show 🤦🏼‍♀️ My morning started off at 3:15 with a sick pup & continued snow balling until about 5:00 this evening. Some days just get the best of ya & today our animals got the best of me and Nick🤣 luckily they’re both ok 🐶🐱 but man, today was rough and stressful! The highlight of my day was meeting @_happygocurly_ for coffee while she was in town this AM! ☕️ We have never met, but had been friends online for years!  It was like grabbing coffee with an old friend! 👯‍♀️ chin up friends, the weekend is *almost* here!
Shop my outfit by clicking the link in my bio or by following @emilynwilkinson in the @liketoknow.it app http://liketk.it/2DREY #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50