Our Wedding: Portraits & Reception

Last week I shared details from our traditional church ceremony & today I’m back to share more of our wedding day with you! I’m excited to share some wedding portraits we took during cocktail hour along with some photos from our reception! P.S. As always with these posts, it’s a photo overload haha! #notsorry

After our ceremony, our guests headed to Proximity for cocktail hour. We had our cocktail hour in the Revolution room and I loved the darker vibe of it. We filled it with soft seating and a few tables for the ultimate relaxed environment. For cocktail hour we had passed hors d’oeuvres along with our signature cocktails, which were a Moscow Mule and a Bombay & Tonic! Nick’s one request was for the Ohio State v. Penn State game to be playing, so we made that happen! It seemed to be a hit for our guests because at the reception they talked about how fun it was to have football on! While cocktail hour was going on we snuck off to take a few photos with family, our wedding party & just the two of us!

PORTRAITS

I don’t think either one of us stopped smiling the entire time we were taking photos… We were on cloud nine after becoming husband & wife! I love all of the candid moments that our photographer captured! One of my favorite parts about our venue was all of the spots for photos. We were able to capture so many great photos & different backgrounds just by walking a few feet. We’ve already printed a few of these from MPix to hang in our bedroom. There were SO many good ones, but these were a few of my favorites! I know we will cherish these forever.

I love these two photos below. We had a few extra minutes before we needed to head up to the reception and it was so nice to be able to soak it all in! The photo on the left is really neat because we are downstairs and we were able to see our guests entering our reception upstairs across the way. We loved being able to see them and have a few minutes to ourselves before we spent the rest of the night celebrating!

THE DECOR

We chose the Proximity because it really fit with our style and we love the fact that we can go back there for anniversaries or anytime we want to reminisce. The Weaver Room is where we had our reception and love that it was a blank canvas. We really enjoyed working with our wedding planner to design the space exactly how we wanted it. We loved all of the windows and the natural elements within the room, like the exposed ceiling and brick. The outdoor space was an added bonus since it was such a nice October night! For the reception we used gold chiavari chairs and neutral linens. For the centerpieces we used vintage mercury glass vases (that I was OBSESSED with!) along with mercury glass votives. The vases and votives added such character to each table and the light bounced beautifully off of the glass. The candlelight and the soft downlighting created a really intimate and welcoming setting. We didn’t want anything over the top or anything that didn’t feel like “us,” and when we saw the space for the first time (HERE) it was everything we had envisioned and more!Nick and I chose to have a “sweetheart table” (after I convinced Nick!) and it was WONDERFUL! We were able to eat every bit of our meal, talk amongst ourselves & take everything in with each other! Nick even told me he was really glad we decided to go this route because it did give us a moment of “down” time and we were able to enjoy our meal. Our wedding planner made sure that we were able to eat in peace because I did NOT want to miss out on our delicious food haha!For dinner we selected a mixed green salad, the option of filet mignon or herb roasted chicken breast accompanied with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables for the entree, and had assorted cupcakes for dessert! We got SO many compliments from our guests on how great the food was. Print Works Bistro was our caterer and it’s one of our favorite date night spots, so we knew the food wouldn’t disappoint! We worked with If It’s Paper on designing menus and napkins for our reception and they were beautiful! The slate paper and the champagne foil were gorgeous against the tables! We also worked with them to create these custom personalized cups. On one side we had the logo (that we created with them) and on the other was our names & wedding date!

THE RECEPTION

I described a lot of the details above, but our reception was SO.MUCH.FUN. We had such a great group of friends and family who made the night a blast! The introductions of our wedding party made us laugh out loud! Everyone made sure to reallllly work it as they came out, especially Jenn & Mike haha! After intros, we did our first dance, followed by our father-daughter dance and mother-son dance.

Once the dances were over dinner began! We made sure that mine & Nick’s food came out first so that we could eat and then spend time at each table mingling with our guests. It was really important to us to visit with each guest since they all traveled to celebrate with us! Once dinner was finished the toasts began from the MOH and the Best Man. Both of them made us laugh with their speeches because they captured us so well and remembered the most funny (and embarrassing!) moments!  After the toasts it was time to hit the dance floor! Our band was great and played the perfect mix of new & old songs. Luckily our family and friends love to dance, so we were on the dance floor all.night.long! We had too much fun having dance offs, laughing with everyone & dancing along to our favorite songs.
Most of Nick’s family is from Ohio and are HUGE Ohio State fans… Since they played on our wedding day (and WON!) it was obligatory that our band play Hang On Sloopy! It was so fun to have everyone on the dance floor singing along to that! We’re all doing the “O” in the below photo haha! At 10:00 we brought out a late night snack… truffle fries! They’re a favorite of ours and we knew out guests would love them. It’s safe to say they were a hit because everyone flocked to them once they came out! All that dancing made everyone hungry haha! We also love Diet Coke, so we had personalized Coke bottles made for the reception! They each had different names on them (i.e. The Wilkinsons, Emily & Nick, etc.) and it was a fun element that was very “us!” The photo below was such a fun candid that our photographer captured! Obviously seeing Nick with a ring on his finger was a new thing for us haha! 🙂

OUR WEDDING DAY HIGHLIGHTS PART I | OUR WEDDING DAY HIGHLIGHTS PART II | OUR WEDDING DAY – GETTING READY | OUR WEDDING DAY – CEREMONY

WEDDING VENDORS & DETAILS

WEDDING DRESS: WATTERS AZALEA DRESS | EARRINGS: GRANDMOTHER’S | SHOES: STUART WEITZMAN | BRIDESMAID DRESSES: WTOO BY WATTERS | GROOM’S & GROOMSMEN TUXES: J.CREW | GROOM’S & GROOMSMEN’S TIES: THE TIE BAR | FATHER’S SUITS: J.CREW | FATHER’S TIES: THE TIE BAR | CHURCH: CHRIST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH | VENUE: PROXIMITY HOTEL | CATERING: PRINT WORKS BISTRO | PHOTOGRAPHY: ALEXA’S PHOTOGRAPHY | EVENT PLANNING: CARLY MARIE EVENTS | FLORAL: ABBA DESIGN | VIDEOGRAPHY: WHITEWASH FILMS | HAIR & MAKEUP: CARLA WHITE BEAUTY | SIGNAGE: SOUTHPAW PEN | MENUS, NAPKINS, PLACE CARDS: IF IT’S PAPER | TABLE NUMBERS: ORIENTAL TRADING CO. | CAKE: CUPCAKE ARTISTRY | MR. & MRS. CAKE TOPPER: ETSY |

1. caleyjaderosenberg wrote:

WOW!!! Absolutely stunning friend – can’t get enough of these pictures x

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  2. Elle wrote:

LOVE every single one of these photos and hearing about the details! Such a beautiful wedding for a stunning bride! xo elle

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  3. Brianna Rooney wrote:

Wow, I didn’t think these photos could get any better but everything is just perfect, Emily! You guys look beyond happy and everyone could clearly feel the love in the room. I never want Wedding Wednesday posts to end!

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  4. lydia wrote:

Always love reading your wedding posts! Loved seeing all the photos and hearing about everything. Definitely loving that you guys had truffle fries and Diet Coke!

xo, Lydia

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  5. Laura wrote:

Keep on giving us a photo overload of your wedding because the pics are all just so stunning!! I love that candid shot of you and your hubby!

xo, Laura

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  6. rebecca wrote:

SO gorgeous!!! Your dress is beautiful and I love the bridesmaids dresses! Decor on point too!

xx Rebecca // The Crystal Press

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  7. Cathy wrote:

What a beautiful wedding! I love the details on the back of you dress!! Congratulations!!

XOXO
    Cathy

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  8. Taylor Aube wrote:

I love the back of your dress, it’s so lovely!

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  9. You are such a beautiful bride! SO love your style, the decor is just stunning!!

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  10. Kim wrote:

I love all of these pictures! Your portraits are stunning and the reception looks like a fun dance party!

xoxo,
    Kim

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  11. Megan wrote:

Your wedding reception looked absolutely beautiful. And so much fun! Love when a reception is a giant party.

Megan | http://www.pipmegan.com

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  12. Laura wrote:

Hi Emily! Would you mind sharing who your band was if you would recommend them? Currently looking for one in North Carolina 🙂

Posted 2.15.18 Reply
  13. Margot wrote:

Theses photos are sooo beautiful !
    Congratulations on your wedding.
    You’re so stunning in your dress.
    xx,
    Margot

Posted 2.15.18 Reply
  14. These photos are stunning! I am in love with your dress! Such beautiful pictures, it looked like you had a wonderful time!

Posted 2.15.18 Reply
  15. omg these pictures are everything! I can’t stop looking at them! Congrats on the wedding! You looked incredible!

xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

Posted 2.15.18 Reply
  16. maggie wrote:

Yess!!! OH-IO!!!!

Posted 2.15.18 Reply
  17. Rita wrote:

Congratulations! All the pictures are just incredible! You look so beautiful.
    Rita | http://www.styleroundtheclock.com

Posted 2.15.18 Reply
  18. You look like an absolute princess!!!! Hugs, Kait

Posted 2.15.18 Reply
  19. Mary wrote:

Love the photos outside! Proximity is so beautiful and so are y’all! That Avett mirror will always be one of my favs!

Posted 2.16.18 Reply

Such beautiful moments captured! Love seeing all your gorgeous wedding photos!

Liz

Posted 2.16.18 Reply
  21. Shelby Back wrote:

SO SO STUNNING! The details are just gorgeous & you can see the love in the pictures! 🙂

xo!
    Shelby

Posted 2.16.18 Reply
  22. Loren wrote:

Your wedding was so beautiful and the photographer truly captured the moments, thanks so much for sharing it with us x

Posted 2.16.18 Reply
  23. These portraits are sooo beautiful and intimate!

Posted 2.18.18 Reply
  24. Lacey wrote:

Emily this was STUNNING. Loveeeee the black and whites!

xo
    Lacey
    A Lacey Perspective

Posted 2.18.18 Reply
  25. Torey wrote:

These are all stunning photos! Congrats!

Posted 2.19.18 Reply
  26. Angelle wrote:

You look stunning!!!! Loving the pictures. It was a fairytale wedding!!

Xoxo,
    Angelle

Posted 2.20.18 Reply
  27. Candace wrote:

Beautiful pictures! I just stumbled upon your blog and am really enjoying it. I’m getting married in April 2019 and got some great inspiration from your posts!

Posted 7.10.18 Reply

• A little mid-week floral happiness for ya! 🌸 hows everyone doing this week? I’m having a pretty good week so far - sharing a few things I’m thankful for this week:
• a loving, supportive husband! I haven’t been out of the house in 2+ weeks & he’s made sure I have everything I need!
• neighborhood walks, they’re good for the soul & a great way to recharge.
• a great support system near & far keeping me encouraged!
• the ability to catch up with friends! 👩🏼‍💻Had a great zoom call with my #bloggersdotravel girls @mystylevita @glitterandgingham @kristinchambless & @poorlittleitgirl today!
• my endless pile of books that I want to read! 📚I’ve enjoyed unplugging and reading every day. #booksconnectus

share what you’re thankful for this week! 💙 http://liketk.it/2Mlh5 #liketkit #LTKhome #floralarrangement
  • 24 weeks with our baby boy🤰🏼💙 it’s crazy to think we get to meet him in just 16 weeks, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by! 👶🏻I feel grateful that I have had a healthy & happy pregnancy but, to be honest, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. As a first time mom, I have these feelings of immense sadness as the last half of this pregnancy is going to be nothing like I had envisioned. There have been a lot of tears over the fact that many exciting moments can no longer be shared with those closest to us. I know others have it much, much worse but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad & to feel these emotions. I’m upset that I am no longer able to have a baby shower to celebrate our first born, I’m sad I don’t get to hug our family and watch their faces as they see my growing bump. I’m upset that these last few months of just the two of us look completely different - more time spent in our house quarantined and less time having date nights at our favorite spots and doing the things we want before baby arrives. I mourn the fact that our families may not get to meet our baby boy in the hospital the way we always talked about. But with any situation, I have cried it out (a lot) and decided to take it one day at a time and to find joy in each day💙 And ya know what? There’s a lot of joy amidst the chaos. It brings me so much joy to feel his daily movement (and my heart nearly burst when Nick felt him kick for the first time).🥰I am overjoyed that we have such a strong support system near and far. I love that we get to spend more time at home spoiling our fur babies. I find solace knowing that there are so many pregnant mamas out there feeling these exact emotions & we share a common experience and bond! I am grateful for those that are on the front lines caring for everyone. I know we have the best doctors carrying us through this uncertain time. We are strong mamas and we will get through this! 💕 so, I challenge you to find the join in each day no matter your situation! #24weekspregnant #24weeks #pregnancy #2ndtrimester #stylethebump #bumpstyle #pregnant #pregnantduringcovid19 #pregnantblogger #thebump #boymom #expecting #expectingmom
  • Thinking back on a time when I got dressed (in something other than leggings) & was able to leave my house 💙🙈🤣 Anyone else going a bit stir crazy?! 🏡 I think I’m going to put on this @sailtosable dress on Friday & have an in-house date night to feel a lil fancy! 😊 shop this look here + linking a few of their dresses that are on sale! http://liketk.it/2M21a @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #sailtosable #sailtosablepartner
  • Anyone else been reading more lately? 📚 Reading is my favorite form of self-care & now more than ever I'm leaning on books during this stressful time we're in. 🤓Reading before bed lets me unwind and relax! I'm teaming up with @penguinrandomhouse to challenge you to read 10-30 minutes before bed as part of their #ReadtoSleep campaign! March is National Sleep Awareness month so put your phone down & pick up a book for the next few weeks and give yourself a much needed break! 💙 [ad]

p.s. they have a great giveaway going on with @parachutehome where you can win 25 books of your choice (OMG!) and a cozy bedding set from Parachute! Find out how to enter on my stories!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US Residents, 18+. Enter ‪between 1/15/20 and 3/31/20‬. See Official Rules at ‪bit.ly/2sgzc6U‬
  • How’s everyone doing? 💙 I’m taking it one day (heck, sometimes one hour!) at a time this week!

Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
• Getting to check on our baby boy👶🏻& hear his heartbeat today!
• That I am able to work from home & have some sense of normalcy through all of this👩🏼‍💻.
• Those who are working & caring for others (including doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, those who work at grocery stores & restaurants handling takeout).
• Having this community to chat with through the good & bad days! It’s been so nice connecting with all of you via DM (especially those who are pregnant or new moms!) as we juggle this new “normal.”
Shop today’s casual outfit here or at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2LMWs @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKbump #LTKunder100 #bumpstyle #stylethebump #ingridandisabel #everydaymadewell #pregnantblogger #pregnancy #expectingmom #boymom #secondtrimester #2ndtrimester #momtobe #22weekspregnant
  • Hi friends 👋🏻It’s a new week & I’m going into it with a positive attitude (that’s all we can hope for at this point, right?) 💙I’m social distancing & self quarantining in an effort to “flatten the curve.” We spent the weekend going on walks with our pup🐶, getting in a lot of reading📚, binging Love is Blind📺 and cooking some of our favorite meals🍽! We’re trying to remain positive & do the best we can to protect ourselves and others 😊 p.s. I am *loving* this dress (wearing XS) & it’s bump approved - swipe to see a pic of my #22weekspregnant bump! http://liketk.it/2LDxv @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKspring #LTKbump #bumpstyle #stylethebump #pregnantblogger #22weeks #expectingmom #babyontheway #2ndtrimester #bumpfriendly